Ellsbury stinks . . . .

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Ellsbury stinks . . . .

. . . or so softlaw would have us all believe.  Sure enough, his batting average is .255 and OBP .286, plus he made an error that cost a run in a game the Sox lost.

And yet.  He is tied for the team lead in rbi's with 8--from the lead off position--and he is second on the team in hits, runs, extra base hits, and total bases.  That game-winning run last night is part of what he seems to be able to do, make a difference.  It helps he has stolen 5 bases with zero CS.  I'm thinking the OPS, a lowly .733, will go up steadily and he will have a good year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Ellsbury stinks . . . .

I agree 100%. he should be in the high 700's to low 800's in OPS by years end. Hes without a doubt a difference maker on the base paths.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

No "difference maker" is a season starter for 5 years, on a big market payroll, and gets benched in the playoffs in his first years and is on teams with zero playoff wins in the other 4 years.

A loser is a difference maker in the pejorative way. He certainly is that. His Red Sox career is near the end.

Ells still living RENT FREE in the open spaces of Stiffy's cabeza.  :)

Let's post that perfume Stiffy is the spokesman for.....

"OBSESSION" 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Stiffy,

If Ells puts together a year similar to 2011, what will your mind bending explanation be?  What mental gymnastics will you pull in order to "claim" you were right all along?

You define "self-delusional." 

Why do you make it so easy for us?  We can get these easy laughs from your "buddy" billy-69.  You're supposed to be a make believe lawyer.  You're on your way to make believe reverse pivot sycophant.

Come on Stiffy!  This is getting too easy!!!!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

If Ells puts together a year similar to 2011

It's about team performance, not that Ellsbury is going to put together a year "similar to 2011". Regardless, his Red Sox and MLB career will end as an overrated prima donna.

What makes him a prima donna? You can't answer this. You don't like him because he beat out your favorite player, and you never like Lowrie because he beat out your second favorite player. You are very transparent.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Colgate-Palmolive Mennen Speed Stick Clear Deodorant, Ocean SurfGood Stuff.......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from candre99. Show candre99's posts

hey,

its up to him.  no production, no big contract.  he just might have to stay in boston.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to candre99's comment:

hey,

its up to him.  no production, no big contract.  he just might have to stay in boston.

He said he loves it here and wants to stay anyway.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

No "difference maker" is a season starter for 5 years, on a big market payroll, and gets benched in the playoffs in his first years and is on teams with zero playoff wins in the other 4 years.

A loser is a difference maker in the pejorative way. He certainly is that. His Red Sox career is near the end.

Where do you dream up " benched in playoffs " ???   You can't possibly mean 2007 season, when the Kid played full time vs.Cal, Cleve, and Colorado..........Incidentally the very SAME year that you yourself on another post last year tried to DENY he even played .

You are so delusional, wrong, stubborn and childish it is uncanny you even bother posting.Maybe you should GET A LIFE ?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

When it comes to Ellsbury, he's a very good player, but not great. As an outfielder he has a poor arm, and was moved to LF because of his arm and fielding ability. His Red Sox career is likely at an end this year, and has been dotted with injuries, dubious performance, questioned heart and one excellent year. That great year with the 32 HR's and 80+ XBH's looks great on paper. But before we put his number on the RF facade, undertand he had over 700 plate appearances to accumulate those totals. Would you be surprised that in that same year, a fading Jason Varitek had a higher HR/AB ratio?

We all know he's Softy's whipping boy, but given his age, accomplishments, and ability, it's likely he's already reached his peak, and won't be getting any better.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Objective opinion: Ellsbury is a good ball player who had a career year in 2011. It is not likely that he will ever duplicate that year. By all indications , he is a good teammate and a good citizen.I would say that his injuries were legitimate and severe.  He has been an asset to the team , but I would not go overboard and pay him an exhoribitant salary to sign long term. We need common sense here.  I don't know why he has become a lightning rod . If JBJ can become as good or better , it would be good for our future. There is no guarantee that it will happen. Anyway , you can never have enough good players. Having " favorites " and " whipping boys"  is not productive. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Don't waste your breath, gentlemen. When it comes to Jake, Softy's axons short circuit, causing major "brain freeze".  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to youkillus' comment:

When it comes to Ellsbury, he's a very good player, but not great. As an outfielder he has a poor arm, and was moved to LF because of his arm and fielding ability. His Red Sox career is likely at an end this year, and has been dotted with injuries, dubious performance, questioned heart and one excellent year. That great year with the 32 HR's and 80+ XBH's looks great on paper. But before we put his number on the RF facade, undertand he had over 700 plate appearances to accumulate those totals. Would you be surprised that in that same year, a fading Jason Varitek had a higher HR/AB ratio?

We all know he's Softy's whipping boy, but given his age, accomplishments, and ability, it's likely he's already reached his peak, and won't be getting any better.

HR/AB to ratio really? Wasn't Doug Maribelli second to Barry Bonds one year? This arguement is just so weak.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

In response to youkillus' comment:

HR/AB to ratio really? Wasn't Doug Maribelli second to Barry Bonds one year? This arguement is just so weak.

Home run to at bat ratio played a major part in a Sports Illustrated baseball game I played years ago.  I played out a 162 game series with the 1978 Red Sox, and my friend played the 1978 Giants.  Well, anyways, Sam Bowen had hit one home run in 1978 in 8 plate appearances and his playing card reflected this.  The only caveat was that he was very susceptible to season ending injury, so I had to use him sparingly and judiciously.  

One day, my Red Sox were blowing out his Giants.  I had the bases loaded, and just for kicks, I pinch hit Sam Bowen, who had about a one in eight probability of hittting a grand slam.  I was also trying to further run up the score so I could give an either larger cushion to use up some of my 73 allotted innings for bottom-of the-rotation pitcher, Allen Ripley.   My friend, given his mood at the time, didn't appreciate this bush league move and walked him intentionally.

What does this have to do with Jacoby Ellsbury?  Well, nothing really, but neither does most of the repetitive nonsense dance that many of us play out with Softy for the umpteenth time.  

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to TV-Guy's comment:

BDC onced banned Softy according to Bostontrollspanker but then reconsidered it and now Softlaw, Georom , MrYazz, and Conan have a teflon finish and will never be banned again here. BDC revenue talks. The private meno to Softlaw said that you can bring up racism, religion, politics,  homophobia, and hatred to all things Red Sox but NEVER NEVER bring up GUN CONTROL.  Softlaw now is forbidden to be on Talksox.com but has a free pass / rein to do his charade on BDC. The forum now is saturated with posters responding to the hired villains, voluntary villains, contrarians, and devil's advocates. The gullible  responses are just as culpable as the faux villains.

On any other forum Softlaw, Georom, MrYazz, and Conan would be banned in two days.

Pike, youve been hacked. Softy has signed on as you and is ranting in your name.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

BDC onced banned Softy according to Bostontrollspanker but then reconsidered it and now Softlaw, Georom , MrYazz, and Conan have a teflon finish and will never be banned again here. BDC revenue talks. The private meno to Softlaw said that you can bring up racism, religion, politics,  homophobia, and hatred to all things Red Sox but NEVER NEVER bring up GUN CONTROL.  Softlaw now is forbidden to be on Talksox.com but has a free pass / rein to do his charade on BDC. The forum now is saturated with posters responding to the hired villains, voluntary villains, contrarians, and devil's advocates. The gullible  responses are just as culpable as the faux villains.

On any other forum Softlaw, Georom, MrYazz, and Conan would be banned in two days.

you are one strange cat.  Seems like you were on hiatus there for a while, even defending billy-69 and stiffy.  Back on the "program (euphemism)," so to speak?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

you are one strange cat.  Seems like you were on hiatus there for a while, even defending billy-69 and stiffy.  Back on the "program (euphemism)," so to speak?

Not to worry. Men in white coats are about to shut the Arkham wifi down. He'll disappear soon.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

RSDD debates every social issue vs. Softlaw. One question however. Why hasn't ANYONE started a thread or posted their thoughts here about GUN CONTROL. A fair question, no? Have you noticed? Many threads about racism, birth control, politics, Obama, Romney, entitlements, and politics - but NEVER about GUN CONTROL. A COINCIDENCE??? I doubt it. You see the faux villains are all on the BDC payroll.

I firmly believe in gun control. Ammunition is expensive, use both hands and make every shot count.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

RSDD debates every social issue vs. Softlaw. One question however. Why hasn't ANYONE started a thread or posted their thoughts here about GUN CONTROL. A fair question, no? Have you noticed? Many threads about racism, birth control, politics, Obama, Romney, entitlements, and politics - but NEVER about GUN CONTROL. A COINCIDENCE??? I doubt it. You see the faux villains are all on the BDC payroll.

I know you still have trouble catching up, but again......   there is a big difference between exposing / making someone look foolish, and "debate."

I'll say it slowly.....  I don't de - bate Stiffy, billy-69, et. al., I make them look stupid.

You?  Well......  whadaya think I'm doing with you?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Why do Exam and pike always post around the same time frame? Could they be one in the same? Cool

Only the shadow knows.....and Batman, he knows too.....