Ellsbury thanks Red Sox fans

Embedded image permalink

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Ellsbury thanks Red Sox fans

Hope he doesn't get another, for the next 7 yearsYell

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Thanks Jacoby. I'd wish you luck, but I just can't bring myself to wish any luck to a Yankee.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Thanks Jake.

in related news, Jacoby Ellsbury fractured his pinkie toe when cashman stepped on his right foot to hand him his New York Yankees jersey.  he is expected to miss the entire spring training but is hoping to be ready for opening day....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

He's dead to me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

Thanks Jake.

in related news, Jacoby Ellsbury fractured his pinkie toe when cashman stepped on his right foot to hand him his New York Yankees jersey.  he is expected to miss the entire spring training but is hoping to be ready for opening day....

Stop the press.  Jacoby just got a second opinion from the one the Yankees medical team offered.  looks like it might be worse than expected.  The pinkie toe may have actually been completely pulverized.  He will be in Arizona rehabbing til June earliest.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:

In response to slasher9's comment:

Thanks Jake.

Stopethe press.  Jacoby just got a second opinion from the one the Yankees medical team offered.  looks like it might be worse than expected.  The pinkie toe may have actually been completely pulverized.  He will be in Arizona rehabbing til June earliest.

I just heard on WFAN, he  may not be ready until after the ASBSurprised

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Just like all of the prior Sox who have left. Boo! I'm already in mid season form!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

This is like your brother dating your ex girlfriend... you still like the guy deep down, but you can never trust him again

Thanks for the help with the championships in Boston, now get the f*&k out of my house little brother before you get slapped.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Embedded image permalink

[/QUOTE]

Will he thank the Yankees in a few years when they try to move him?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:

Embedded image permalink

Will he thank the Yankees in a few years when they try to move him?

He has a no trade clause, which is just as well. It's the last few years of the contract, the Yankees will regret

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nicely done ..... Good luck Jacoby......  @ 153MIL, it was OK for the Sox to move on !!

[/QUOTE]

Ells said he was proud to be a Yankee.... Thats funny.....For 169 mil with option year, He would have been proud to be a Houston Astro......

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I will never hate a player for leaving, I don't think it is right.  Now I'm not going to come in here and tell other people that they should feel the same way as me, we are all fans and will cheer in our own ways.  But here is my two cents.

I think getting mad at a player for leaving is like getting mad at your kid for choosing to go to college out of state.  You only get one life to live, and people like to experience different things and travel etc etc etc.  I can't say that if someone offered me 50 million dollars more to do my job that I wouldn't consider it with the excitement of experiencing a different city.  My hometown would always hold a special place in my heart, and perhaps I would long to come back one day, but in the end this isn't even his hometown...he has spent the majority of his life NOT in Boston and probably NOT being a Sox fan.

This just may be a reflection of Ellsbury's personality, and I don't think that differentiates him from half the people out there. It is what it is, I mean it stinks that it is New York but it is different when you are player.  It's more about your teammates than it is the logo, a lot of these guys grew up or played in college, or in the minors with guys from all over the league and probably have a multitude of places they could see themselves going.  How many Red Sox and Yankees do you think are actually really good friends and actually get together and go out to eat when one another is in town???

New York actually makes sense to for some players coming from Boston.  He got a significantly higher pay raise and has a minimum amount of moving to do.  So for any connections Ellsbury has made in New England, it will be a lot easier to keeps those alive seeing how he will only have one small tiny tiny state in between him and Boston. 

Good Luck to Ellsbury, I hope he has a great career, stays healthy and puts up monster stats that the vast majority of the time will in no way effect the outcome of Yankee games. : ) 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

I heard that Ellsbury was already hurt his paws lifting up that trophy but X-ray came back negative.  He will go easy on those paws and he's certain they, the paws, will be ready on opening day. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I will never hate a player for leaving, I don't think it is right.  Now I'm not going to come in here and tell other people that they should feel the same way as me, we are all fans and will cheer in our own ways.  But here is my two cents.

I think getting mad at a player for leaving is like getting mad at your kid for choosing to go to college out of state.  You only get one life to live, and people like to experience different things and travel etc etc etc.  I can't say that if someone offered me 50 million dollars more to do my job that I wouldn't consider it with the excitement of experiencing a different city.  My hometown would always hold a special place in my heart, and perhaps I would long to come back one day, but in the end this isn't even his hometown...he has spent the majority of his life NOT in Boston and probably NOT being a Sox fan.

This just may be a reflection of Ellsbury's personality, and I don't think that differentiates him from half the people out there. It is what it is, I mean it stinks that it is New York but it is different when you are player.  It's more about your teammates than it is the logo, a lot of these guys grew up or played in college, or in the minors with guys from all over the league and probably have a multitude of places they could see themselves going.  How many Red Sox and Yankees do you think are actually really good friends and actually get together and go out to eat when one another is in town???

New York actually makes sense to for some players coming from Boston.  He got a significantly higher pay raise and has a minimum amount of moving to do.  So for any connections Ellsbury has made in New England, it will be a lot easier to keeps those alive seeing how he will only have one small tiny tiny state in between him and Boston. 

Good Luck to Ellsbury, I hope he has a great career, stays healthy and puts up monster stats that the vast majority of the time will in no way effect the outcome of Yankee games. : ) 

[/QUOTE]

Hugh, your post is sensible and on point.  I bear no ill will toward Jacoby for taking big money from the Yankees when the Sox didn't ... "show him respect" Tongue Out.  And, it is not the same thing as Damon, who did the right thing business wise, but declared upon Plymouth Rock that he would never play in pinstripes.  Fake azz liar liar.  Jacoby made it clear he would go where the money is, and thats that.

But, in the fun spirit of the greatest rivalry in sports, c'mon.  Cut us some slack.  Now that Ells is a Yankee, he is dead to me.  Boooooooooooooooooooooo.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hugh, your post is sensible and on point.  I bear no ill will toward Jacoby for taking big money from the Yankees when the Sox didn't ... "show him respect" Tongue Out.  And, it is not the same thing as Damon, who did the right thing business wise, but declared upon Plymouth Rock that he would never play in pinstripes.  Fake azz liar liar.  Jacoby made it clear he would go where the money is, and thats that.

But, in the fun spirit of the greatest rivalry in sports, c'mon.  Cut us some slack.  Now that Ells is a Yankee, he is dead to me.  Boooooooooooooooooooooo.

[/QUOTE]

lol...fair enough.  And don't get me wrong, I'm sure in time...I will learn to dislike Ellsbury. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Any long winded stories regardig a player leaving are just a waste of wind. He's gone, good riddings! When he shows up in Fenway and I'm there he gets the same treatment as any opponent!!! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoSoxfan56. Show BoSoxfan56's posts

Jacoby who?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's the result of 'modern' baseball with free agency gone very wild.

Gone, mostly so, are the days when a player spent his entire career with one team.  Pedroia, Yaz and others are the exception putting loyalty a higher priority than money.

The union pendulum has swung too far in one direction.

I certainly feel that player 'ownership' by teams was close to slavery.  So, free agency in this sense was the correct thing to do.  But, I think it's time for the pendulum to come back closer to the middle so that this crazy player movement and some kind of equilibrium with players more identifiable with teams for a longer period of time is achieved.

Like my hero Pedroia said "what can you buy with 40 million that you can't get with 30 million"?  If today's player can't invest intelligently enough with the salaries they make, it's a sad, sorry scenario. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duffie33. Show Duffie33's posts

I got no problem with guys like Damon and Jacoby leaving for the Yankees I just can't stand all the - "well they really wanted me and came after me hard from the start" - all they did was throw more money at you then anyone else was willing to do.  

You don't think that the Royals would have wanted him and come after him as hard if he was affordable.  The stuff like well the Yankees really sold me on what it was like being a Yankee - what the hell where the Red Sox supposed to do sell him on being a Red Sox? 

Switch teams got no problem with taking the money but please never pretend it is something other then the money. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

"what can you buy with 40 million that you can't get with 30 million"?  

$1M to each of your 10 great great grandchildren, more if you invest well.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]

Embedded image permalink

[/QUOTE]

Not interested in his Thanks, it means about as much as what we havn't done to help our club at the winter meetings.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"what can you buy with 40 million that you can't get with 30 million"?  

$1M to each of your 10 great great grandchildren, more if you invest well.

[/QUOTE]

If today's player can't invest intelligently enough with the salaries they make, it's a sad, sorry scenario

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's dead to me.

[/QUOTE]

He will still get booed at Fenway.  You can go to any team EXCEPT the Yankees.

Sections
Shortcuts