Ellsbury thanks Red Sox fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: Ellsbury thanks Red Sox fans

In response to benn's comment:

Another Damon 

I agree. And like I said Damon was my favorite player at the time. Nothing can be worse than that happening to your favorite player.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to S5's comment:

Ther were three ways Ellsbury could have handled his leaving.

1.  Kick everyone on the way out of town

"I'm glad to get out of this town.  The media and the fans did nothing but criticize me and call me a slacker when I was recovering from broken ribs.  Then when I came back I put up very good numbers and was instrumental in two WS championships.  Had anyone made me the same offer the Red Sox did I'd have taken it, just to get out of this town."

He didn't do that.

2.  Say nothing.

He didn't do that either.

3. Embedded image permalink

Regardless of who wrote it, it came from his camp and it was the right thing to have done. So why all the hoop-la? 

Because you feel played. Like the joke's on you to even believe this nonsense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to steven11's comment:

I wonder if the yankee fans will make fun of the fact that he throws like a girl.  Damon did too so probably not.

LOL

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

"I'm glad to get out of this town.  The media and the fans did nothing but criticize me and call me a slacker when I was recovering from broken ribs.  Then when I came back I put up very good numbers and was instrumental in two WS championships.  Had anyone made me the same offer the Red Sox did I'd have taken it, just to get out of this town."

He didn't do that.

2.  Say nothing.

Regardless of who wrote it, it came from his camp and it was the right thing to have done. So why all the hoop-la? 

Wow.  You do think you know it all, don't you?  Thank you for telling me how I feel.  I wasn't aware of that. 

All this time I thought that I felt like Ellsbury's leaving for more money was nothing more than a manifestation of how "baseball is a business" - something I recognize. 

Up until I read your reply I didn't think I wasn't "played" at all.  I thought his ad was simply something put out by his camp - I never had any dream that he was responsible for any of the verbiage - as a way of having closure to his Red Sox experience.  

Maybe after reading your take on it I should rethink that.  

Uhh... No. I guess I won't.  <pfft>

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

He didn't do that.

2.  Say nothing.

Wow.  You do think you know it all, don't you?  Thank you for telling me how I feel.  I wasn't aware of that. 

All this time I thought that I felt like Ellsbury's leaving for more money was nothing more than a manifestation of how "baseball is a business" - something I recognize. 

Up until I read your reply I didn't think I wasn't "played" at all.  I thought his ad was simply something put out by his camp - I never had any dream that he was responsible for any of the verbiage - as a way of having closure to his Red Sox experience.  

Maybe after reading your take on it I should rethink that.  

Uhh... No. I guess I won't.  <pfft>

Um...I was using "you" in general terms. Meaning that's how a person would feel. I didn't mean you, personally. Just explaining how people might feel...in general.

Looks like I got angry S5 again. I won't bother your posts anymore.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

the total bottom line is that it is a business......and it will always be about the $$$$$$$$

nuff said.

Sections
Shortcuts