Ellsbury (...the kid from Madras, OR) making a statement in 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

Ellsbury (...the kid from Madras, OR) making a statement in 2011

All that "path-to-the-ball" fielding smoke screen and "lead-off hitter" baloney we heard a couple years ago from one of this forum's "experts" aside...GO JACOBY!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: Ellsbury (...the kid from Madras, OR) making a statement in 2011

In Response to Ellsbury (...the kid from Madras, OR) making a statement in 2011:
    All that "path-to-the-ball" fielding smoke screen and "lead-off hitter" baloney we heard a couple years ago from one of this forum's "experts" aside...GO JACOBY!!
    Posted by WesternOregon
    hey WO, good to see ya back...get ready for a rebuttal from the S-Man..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Career averages aren't impressive for a leadoff hitter. But neither were Crawfords;) Career high season tends to intoxicate viewers. That said, Ellsbury is running out of gas and looks to be crashing from whatever he took at API.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

In Response to Re: Ellsbury (...the kid from Madras, OR) making a statement in 2011:
    Career averages aren't impressive for a leadoff hitter. But neither were Crawfords;) Career high season tends to intoxicate viewers. That said, Ellsbury is running out of gas and looks to be crashing from whatever he took at API.
    Posted by softylaw

A 9 out of 10 on the Troll Scale. Very good.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

A 10 out of 10 on the "call all dissent a troll" scale. Very bad.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Ellsbury (...the kid from Madras, OR) making a statement in 2011:
    Posted by WesternOregon

Where in Western Oregon?  I'm originally from Boston, but live in S. Oregon now :(

My son's a big OSU fan, & we definitely have been pulling for Ells. since day 1 with the Sox.....

The ONLY baseball fan in America, who doesn't get just how good this kid is & that he is still growing / learning / & getting better & smarter every day?????
    SOFTBALL / Softlaw!!!!  This guy is a complete tool!!!  But!!!  At least he keeps throwing up softball criticisms on a daily basis for anyone swinging a half decent (baseball knowledge) bat to hit out of the park!!!  The added bonus???  The guy consistently looks like a KNOW NOTHINGS baseball fool :)   :)   :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

p.s.   PLEASE Mr. & Mrs. Board moderators!!!!   STOP banning this guy!  He makes the rest of us look like baseball geniuses! 

I, for one, love reading this guys BS!  If you're ever second guessing yourself as to how you feel about a certain player???  Read Softone!!!  He will galvanize your thinking in the opposite direction :)  :)

Softy attacking Ells is exactly like the proverbial chiwawa yapping his very pointy little head off, up at the Mighty Redwood from Oregon   :)   :) 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

What happened Softy????  You took down your last post!!!  Luckily, I happened to respond to it   :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Re: Ellsbury (...the kid from Madras, OR) making a statement in 2011:
    Softy attacking Ells is exactly like the proverbial chiwawa yapping his very pointy little head off, up at the Mighty Redwood from Oregon   :)   :) 
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog

In June I stopped in Madras for gas and a milk shake ... but the high desert burg is a long ways from the nearest redwood:

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=madras+oregon&hl=en&gbv=2&tbm=isch&tbnid=7wo4CG-ukrwrEM:&imgrefurl=http://www.city-data.com/picfiles/pic421.php&docid=jh6iVVTTgeP4eM&w=1024&h=768&ei=vBtDTpTVMrPXiAKiwP3OAQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=335&vpy=325&dur=3610&hovh=194&hovw=259&tx=144&ty=133&page=2&tbnh=145&tbnw=180&start=12&ndsp=12&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:12&biw=1024&bih=641

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Just a hop, skip, & a jump down the road...   :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

A 10 out of 10 on the "call all dissent a troll" scale. Very bad.
    Posted by softylaw

Fabricated, insincere dissent is trolling. Pretending, masquerading, feigning sincerity is trolling / not dissent.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Ells. is only one for one tonight.....    bench him!  It may well have been the counterintuitive reverse pivot slap hit????  Hmmmm!  Those can't really count?!?  Can they?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Cry baby, my post was censored by the NYT. I see your hysterical angry rant is still up, though.

Ellsbury is 3 for 19 in last 4 games. Hmm, those can't really count, can they.

You are very angry and hysterical. I only wish I could get your true indentity, just so I could put your NYT shill caseworker name to your rants.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Posted by WesternOregon

Gotta love Ells. So happy he's doing so well. It must have been frustrating with that injury, but he's certainly come back with a vengence. Nice to be along for the ride.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In Response to Re: Ellsbury (...the kid from Madras, OR) making a statement in 2011 : Fabricated, insincere dissent is trolling. Pretending, masquerading, feigning sincerity is trolling / not dissent.
    Posted by PawsoxPhil

Spot on Phil, wish I could be so concise!

I've thought for some time now that softy's whole deal was a facade, can't for the life of me understand why someone would go to such lengths to play a devils advocate, simply to raise the ire of the diehards, all for a laugh? I'd place a small wager that he probably has another handle where he actually pens how he really feels and is among the most respected contributors...Talk about having too much time on your hands.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

I was born and raised in Southern Oregon. Went to the U of O. Ells is carrying the banner of the great State of Oregon and all proud Native Americans very well. I wish nothing but success for Jacoby.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

I was born and raised in Southern Oregon. Went to the U of O. Ells is carrying the banner of the great State of Oregon and all proud Native Americans very well. I wish nothing but success for Jacoby.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor
    Gary Payton was one of my all-time favorite college players while at Oregon State...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Ah, the old limerick -

There once was a kid from Madras...

Anything more and BDC will ban me...and she would have every right...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Payton was awesome for sure! Some other greats from Oregon; Danny Ainge (North Eugene high school All-American in Football, Basketball and Baseball, BYU, scratch golfer and Celtic great) Amahd Rashad (Bobby Moore at UofO by way of Tacoma, WA), Dan Fouts (UofO), Steve Prefontaine (Coos Bay, UofO at the time of his death, age 24 held every track and field world record from 2,000 to 10,000 meters), Terry Baker (Portland,OSU Heisman Trophy winner), Mel Renfro (Portland, UofO Dallas Cowboy great), Dave Wilcox (Vale, UofO SF 49er Great), Bob Lilly (Pendleton and Dallas Cowboy great), Dick Fosbury (Medford Senior High, inventor of the Fosbury Flop), Mickey Lolich, Marshall Holman (Medford Senior High, PBA Great), Tonya Harding LOL (Milwaukee), Bill Bowerman (Portland and UofO legendary Track and Field Coach), Peter Jacobson (Portland PGA Star), Scott Brosius (McMinnville NYY and 98 World Series MVP) and last but certainly not least Johnny Pesky (Portland, Boston Red Sox legend and 1942 Rookie of the Year)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Cry baby, my post was censored by the NYT. I see your hysterical angry rant is still up, though. Ellsbury is 3 for 19 in last 4 games. Hmm, those can't really count, can they. You are very angry and hysterical. I only wish I could get your true indentity, just so I could put your NYT shill caseworker name to your rants.
    Posted by softylaw

Your steel trap mind has figured me out...  I am a NY Times "shill," who has nothing better to do than reply to your mind numbingly monumentally ridiculous & inane posts about Red Sox players.  I still can't believe that I got this gig!  Who would have imagined that there were so many "shovel ready" jobs available to those willing to work on the pile of $h!te you constantly spew forth.  :)

Perhaps when the Obamas get back from their little jaunt to the Vinyaad, the president will appoint you as "shovel ready" jobs Czar!

*  You & Al Sharpton as "Race Baiting" intervention Czar!  :)

*  You & your pal Barney Frank aka (MBL) as Czar over disbanding DADT.

*  You & your sister Nancy Peloci as Demagoguery Duet Czars!  :)

*  You & former Senator Chris Dodd as Banking & finance Czars!

*  :)  :)

You got me Softy :)   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

When were you at the U of O (aka Berkley North)?   I graduated in 88, BS Business Admin.

Now living in S. Oregon, but wish I was in Boston / Home :(

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

p.s...   How did you become a Sox fan???

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Re: Ellsbury (...the kid from Madras, OR) making a statement in 2011 : Gary Payton was one of my all-time favorite college players while at Oregon State...
    Posted by jete02fan

Hated Payton while he was playing at OSU, as I was a Duck at the time.....

He actually spit on one of our cheerleaders, as I recall....  :)   OK, she probably deserved it.....  :)

Grew to actually like him toward the end of his career

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

A very, very, impressive player; It's not clear whether or not he has HOF potential ala Pedroia (Who's an incredible overachiever in every sense of the word), but he may.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

In Response to Re: Ellsbury (...the kid from Madras, OR) making a statement in 2011 : When were you at the U of O (aka Berkley North)?   I graduated in 88, BS Business Admin. Now living in S. Oregon, but wish I was in Boston / Home :(
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog

I was there my Freshman and Sophmore years....ahem 1970 and 71. Graduated undergraduate from then Southern Oregon College in Ashland, OR, now it is Southern Oregon University. I became a Red Sox fan back in the day when there were only three channels on TV and the Saturday Game of the Week had the Red Sox on a lot, obviously when they played the Yankees. Yaz became my favorite player, I had a poster of Yaz on my bedroom wall until I left home for school. No place like home, in your case Boston, but if you have to be away, Oregon is a wonderful place to be. Beautiful rocky Pacific coast, two mountain ranges, lush Willamette Valley and desert. Hunting and fishing is awesome. I miss home too.

Sections
Shortcuts