Ellsbury (...the kid from Madras, OR) making a statement in 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from detourjazz. Show detourjazz's posts

Re: Ellsbury (...the kid from Madras, OR) making a statement in 2011

Hey Oregonians .. (and Softy. .. again: bash for no reason shall we?)  anyway. . . 
    I'm in Central Oregon (Bend, . . grew up in Madras) so My ties are even closer. . . been a sox fan since 1981 so double bonus. . 

Our All-Star Center fielder is having a banner season:  more HR's than Adrian, doing good on the base baths. . . setting some historical records it seems  I forgot off top of my head (25 HR, 45 SB's and one other stat. .Hmm..drat)

anywho. . GO SOX. .and glad to see Ells is having a great year. . . 

D

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from detourjazz. Show detourjazz's posts

ME TOO: Yaz was my first Love of the Sox. . : ) 

In Response to Re: Ellsbury (...the kid from Madras, OR) making a statement in 2011:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ellsbury (...the kid from Madras, OR) making a statement in 2011 : I was there my Freshman and Sophmore years....ahem 1970 and 71. Graduated undergraduate from then Southern Oregon College in Ashland, OR, now it is Southern Oregon University. I became a Red Sox fan back in the day when there were only three channels on TV and the Saturday Game of the Week had the Red Sox on a lot, obviously when they played the Yankees. Yaz became my favorite player, I had a poster of Yaz on my bedroom wall until I left home for school. No place like home, in your case Boston, but if you have to be away, Oregon is a wonderful place to be. Beautiful rocky Pacific coast, two mountain ranges, lush Willamette Valley and desert. Hunting and fishing is awesome. I miss home too.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Re: Ellsbury (...the kid from Madras, OR) making a statement in 2011:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ellsbury (...the kid from Madras, OR) making a statement in 2011 : I was there my Freshman and Sophmore years....ahem 1970 and 71. Graduated undergraduate from then Southern Oregon College in Ashland, OR, now it is Southern Oregon University. I became a Red Sox fan back in the day when there were only three channels on TV and the Saturday Game of the Week had the Red Sox on a lot, obviously when they played the Yankees. Yaz became my favorite player, I had a poster of Yaz on my bedroom wall until I left home for school. No place like home, in your case Boston, but if you have to be away, Oregon is a wonderful place to be. Beautiful rocky Pacific coast, two mountain ranges, lush Willamette Valley and desert. Hunting and fishing is awesome. I miss home too.

No place like home!  You got it :)  My kids are here, & I share them 1/2 time, so moving back to the Boston area is not an option for the next 4+ years... :(  Got back to Boston for a game this summer....  The epic 14 inning game vs. KC....  My wife got the warm up ball from their closer (can't remember his name)....  Tried to get her to throw it back on the field, but we decided to give it to my good friend & long time KC fan.  Can't wait to get back & see a game next year......  100th season :)  Going to Seattle tomorrow to see the Sox for our
    5th anniversary.  Married a Sox fan this time around.....  MUCH BETTER & the key to a permanent Marriage.  I just figured out what to get her for #5, "The Wood Anniversary" as I'm writing to you......   A Red Sox Bat, with our names engraved!!!!!  She'll love it  :) 

THANKS FOR THE INSPIRATION!!!!    :)  I've been sitting here wracking my brain, trying to come up with an anniversary gift  :)   :)   :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]Payton was awesome for sure! Some other greats from Oregon; Danny Ainge (North Eugene high school All-American in Football, Basketball and Baseball, BYU, scratch golfer and Celtic great) Amahd Rashad (Bobby Moore at UofO by way of Tacoma, WA), Dan Fouts (UofO), Steve Prefontaine (Coos Bay, UofO at the time of his death, age 24 held every track and field world record from 2,000 to 10,000 meters), Terry Baker (Portland,OSU Heisman Trophy winner), Mel Renfro (Portland, UofO Dallas Cowboy great), Dave Wilcox (Vale, UofO SF 49er Great), Bob Lilly (Pendleton and Dallas Cowboy great), Dick Fosbury (Medford Senior High, inventor of the Fosbury Flop), Mickey Lolich, Marshall Holman (Medford Senior High, PBA Great), Tonya Harding LOL (Milwaukee), Bill Bowerman (Portland and UofO legendary Track and Field Coach), Peter Jacobson (Portland PGA Star), Scott Brosius (McMinnville NYY and 98 World Series MVP) and last but certainly not least Johnny Pesky (Portland, Boston Red Sox legend and 1942 Rookie of the Year)
    Johnny Pesky, 1968 World Series MVP Mickey Lolich and PGA golfer Peter Jacobson are all graduates of Portland's Lincoln High School (which counts my daughter among its current students).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from detourjazz. Show detourjazz's posts

And my pops!  Danny Ainge went to school in Eugene. . Jed Lowrie, who else? Hmm. . Richie Sexson, Neil Lomax, Dan Fouts,  Harold Reynolds,  Hmmm. .. so many to choose from! : )

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ellsbury (...the kid from Madras, OR) making a statement in 2011 : Johnny Pesky, 1968 World Series MVP Mickey Lolich and PGA golfer Peter Jacobson are all graduates of Portland's Lincoln High School (which counts my daughter among its current students).
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ellsbury (...the kid from Madras, OR) making a statement in 2011 : Just a hop, skip, & a jump down the road...   :)
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]
    The nearest indigenous redwood to Madras is about the same distance Boston is from Philadelphia.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ellsbury (...the kid from Madras, OR) making a statement in 2011 : The nearest indigenous redwood to Madras is about the same distance Boston is from Philadelphia.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

Practically casts a shadow over Madras  :)

BUT..... Don't let facts get in the way of the very apt. metaphor......

The yapping Chiwawa (Softy) barking up the wrong tree, The mighty Redwood (Ells.)

:)   :)   Nice to hear from all these Red Sox Fans in Oregon!!!  It gets lonely out here with no Sox Fans to talk to!!!  I was dying during the Stanley Cup Finals, with nobody to celebrate with :(  I have to get on the phone to share these moments with my old friends from home.  Not quite the same...  Did celebrate via phone with my old hockey line mates during the SC, & baseball buddies in 04 & 07......  Wish I could have been in Boston for all these epic & historic events to celebrate in person though..... 

The good news & GREAT omen.....  Since my divorce in 01, ALL my Boston teams have gone on a tear!!!!!  It's nice to have confirmation that it was the right thing to do :)   :)   :)   I should have known in 86, when we got back together during the World Series......  We got back together, & that ball goes through Buckner"s legs :(   I was blind, but now I see  :)   :)  A true Red Sox fan should NEVER marry outside of the nation (RSN)  :) 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Thank the Lord that my wife is an avid Red Sox fan, her favorite player is Ells. We listen to most of the games on XM Radio, giving each other high fives every time a BoSox player does something significant. I can't imagine having even an average relationship with a wife who was not a BoSox fanLaughing

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Lincoln huh? Definately know of Lincoln. I played sports in high school against Beaverton and Wilson Highs out of Portland a few times. I know that about six years before I graduated our HS Football team beat Jefferson with Mel Renfro on that team for the Oregon State Championship. I think Terry Baker went to Jefferson, as well. Back then, Portland to me, was a huge metropolitan city...lol. Beautiful "City of Roses". A bit too much rain for this Southern Oregon boy though. Back then we were considered country boys vs. the big city boys when playing Portland teams.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I said it time and time again over the winter is that this would be the season Elles would show us what he was truly capable of.  

Sections
Shortcuts