Ellsbury vs Gardner

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Re: Ellsbury vs Gardner

In Response to Re: Ellsbury vs Gardner:
    [QUOTE]I like Gardner as a player quite a bit but he is a normal CF to be worth much and his numbers are probably skewed by playing in Yankee stadium, both defensively and offensively. He also hasn't been around long enough to really make any conclusions. Now Granderson is probably another story. He's right there with Ellsbury in many ways in terms of value and maybe better. He does cost more though. I'd have to study that one a little before making a conclusion but 25 HR out of a CF so far almost says it all right there. That kind of power is huge. It almost makes it irrelevant to even consider other numbers.
    Posted by Boomerangsdotcom[/QUOTE]

Ells is better than Gardner and Granderson in my book.  Ells is a 290 career hitter against L and RH pitching.  Although Granderson is hitting 260 against lefties this season, his career mark 220 against them. 

I will take an Ells type player over a bit more power anytime.  This is why I don't want another Drew/Trot type RF in the future.  I prefer a well rounded OF that can play daily and normally hit well regardless who he faces.  Crawford is more like Granderson with less power.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Have to give Granderson credit for his power. In all fairness though, if he played at Fenway, he would probably have a few less homers. And if Ellsbury played at Yankee Stadium, he might have a few more. That would narrow the gap a bit, but I think Granderson would still have the power advantage.  However, the question here was Ellsbury vs. Gardner. There really should not be any argument that Ellsbury gets the nod over Gardner.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]put it this way if the sox offered the yankees ells straight up for gardner, the yanks would fall all over themselves to do the trade.
    Posted by stuartr29[/QUOTE]
    Would the Yankees trade nearly three-and-a-half years of Brett Gardner for nearly two-and-a-half years of Jacoby Ellsbury?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ellsbury vs Gardner : Ells is better than Gardner and Granderson in my book.  Ells is a 290 career hitter against L and RH pitching.  Although Granderson is hitting 260 against lefties this season, his career mark 220 against them.  I will take an Ells type player over a bit more power anytime.  This is why I don't want another Drew/Trot type RF in the future.  I prefer a well rounded OF that can play daily and normally hit well regardless who he faces.  Crawford is more like Granderson with less power.
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

Why is it necessary to bring up career stats? Granderson is fantastic against Lefties this yr, and that was supposedly the comparison. Cherry picking at it's worst.`Also, did you know Granderson has more HRs on the Road (in 7 less games), than on the Road? Of course not. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ellsbury vs Gardner : Why is it necessary to bring up career stats? Granderson is fantastic against Lefties this yr, and that was supposedly the comparison. Cherry picking at it's worst.`Also, did you know Granderson has more HRs on the Road (in 7 less games), than on the Road? Of course not. 
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Because it doesn't make any sense to judge players on just this season alone and only a half of one at that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ellsbury vs Gardner : Because it doesn't make any sense to judge players on just this season alone and only a half of one at that.

But that was the original criteria; recheck the OP if you have to. How about admitting you made a mistake about Granderson's Home/Road splits?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ellsbury vs Gardner : But that was the original criteria ; recheck the OP if you have to. How about admitting you made a mistake about Granderson's Home/Road splits?

nhsteven I'm not sure where you are going with this but I never even brought up road/home splits.  I also don't feel its important in judging who the best player is.  You judge a player as a whole "not a portion" of what he can or can't do.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ellsbury vs Gardner : nhsteven I'm not sure where you are going with this but I never even brought up road/home splits.  I also don't feel its important in judging who the best player is.  You judge a player as a whole "not a portion" of what he can or can't do.

Sorry, I had you mistaken for dgalehouse.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ellsbury vs Gardner : Sorry, I had you mistaken for dgalehouse.
    No problem , there. You are frequently mistaken about many things. I never mentioned anything about home/ road splits.  Would you agree that Yankee Stadium is more conducive to home runs from a left handed hitter?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ellsbury vs Gardner : No problem , there. You are frequently mistaken about many things. I never mentioned anything about home/ road splits.  Would you agree that Yankee Stadium is more conducive to home runs from a left handed hitter?
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

Yes 

Sections
Shortcuts