Ellsbury

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chick92. Show chick92's posts

Re: Ellsbury

we dont have a couple weeks

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

In Response to Ellsbury:
    [QUOTE]He's taking far too many strikes, some right down Broadway. Then he's late on grooved pitches. What gives? IIRC, he didn't regularly put himself in a two-strike hole. 
    Posted by expitch[/QUOTE]

Oh Please! HE just got off the DL!  Give him a year or two to get his groove back will ya? HATER!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

In Response to Re: Ellsbury:
    [QUOTE]This is essentially Jacoby's second spring training. Let's wait for a larger sample size to start judging him too harshly. softy's still bummed out about Jacoby taking Coco's job away mid playoffs 2007, then hitting .438 in the World Series (this after a .927 OPS after his call-up in Sept 2007) .
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!  Second Spring? OMFG

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

"Ellsbury trails Crisp in career homers, RBI and stolen bases."
    Um, that could be that Crisp has been around since 2002 and Ellsbury was called up at the end of 2007. Duh!
    Ellsbury is a minority, since you want to hypocritically throw the race card, for your own convenience.
    Now you're putting Crisp on a totally undeserved pedistal.
    Is there any spin you won't make to try to disparage Jacoby Ellsbury?
    Pathetic.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

[QUOTE]This is essentially Jacoby's second spring training. Let's wait for a larger sample size to start judging him too harshly. softy's still bummed out about Jacoby taking Coco's job away mid playoffs 2007, then hitting .438 in the World Series (this after a .927 OPS after his call-up in Sept 2007) .
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

....today Softy claimed that Ells had nothing to do with the 07 run in or championship.  Of course, it was just a pathetic, transparent attempt to be contrarian, as usual.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Do you guys remember a year or two ago when Ellsbury was compared to Granderson and  Pedey was compared to Cano & I think there was a survey as whom would be preferred ?

HR      BA       Lifetime                           HR      BA       Lifetime
    Granderson    27      .249     .266                 *Ellsbury    1       .282     .300

Cano              22      .319     .309                 *Pedey      7        .267    .301

* yup, I know...both hurt so stats can't be fair....

Ellsbury better average and it definitely seems Cano the better choice and also Granderson & Cano with many more HRs.

Tex               19        .262      .280                  Gonzo      9       .291   .293

Even though Gonzo has a higher batting average, I wish we had gotten Texeira years ago !!! Anyway, Monday morning quarterback that I am I wish we had kept Beltre, V. Martinez & even Coco Crisp.  But too I wish we had not gotten Crawford, DiceK, Lackey etc. but their injuries are not mgmt's fault. Reddick playing well with Oakland & we still have not used Bailey.

Sometimes life and baseball are not fair. I'm just venting a bit...Mea Culpa !!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Is it 2007? What about 2013? Only a stupid Cherrington will have Elles here and receive NADA in compensation when Boras takes his b$#tch for a money walk.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

looks white to me, though I suppose he could be any color if the ACLU needs him to be

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]looks white to me, though I suppose he could be any color if the ACLU needs him to be If he's running for President, the DNC will market him as Native American. If he is being classified for public school, he'll be put in the class as "multi-racial".
    Posted by TrotterNixon[/QUOTE]

What a pathetic human being your are. Ellsbury a Native American doesn't need your opins on how other precieve his race or ethicity. I'm sure that he also doesn't see himself as a minority and is proud of his heritage. Please don't trivilize the plight of a people. Whom were subjected to genocide by our fore fathers. An incovienant truth that we the people often overlook and not unlike our treatment of African Americans. Is not somnething we the people of the United States of America today see as worthy of honor...

Sometimes I wish that you'd go away and hide under the rock in which you were born. However I fear that is you did, then you probably mate and reproduce...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Yes I bet Elles gives back to his people.  Of course Beanetown donates tons of dough to the Native Americans,,, and refuses to own property on land that does not belong to him. You sing it Beaney.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

ellsbury is as native as chief joseph...and as handsome too!  look it up..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

[QUOTE]ellsbury is as native as chief joseph...and as handsome too!  look it up..
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

and so what?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

just saying....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]This is essentially Jacoby's second spring training. Let's wait for a larger sample size to start judging him too harshly. This is essentially your endless excuse making. The bum has had all season to do his 100th spring training. softy's still bummed out about Jacoby taking Coco's job away mid playoffs 2007 , then hitting .438 in the World Series (this after a .927 OPS after his call-up in Sept 2007) . Before I expsoe your lies, it's no surprise that Crisp is currently a vital player on a small market team that is winning. The last winning Red Sox team was in 2007, and it's no suprise that a racist Red Sox fan would trumpet what Ellsbrick did in September and the WS, which has nothing to do with that team's division and WS title. Ellsbrick could have been left in AAA and the results of the Manny, Ortiz lead team would have been the same. Now the facts: Ellsbrick did not "take Crisp's job away in mid-playoffs 2007".  In the 2007 playoffs, Crisp started in CF for the entire ALDS and 5 of the 7 games in the ALCS. In 2008, Crisp was the starting CF'er, starting 98 games in CF to Ellsbury 63 starts in CF. In the 2008 playoffs, Ellsbury was given the starting CF job. Ellsbury split time in the CF, RF and LF, but was permanently benched after Game 4 of the 7 game series v. TB in ALCS because the manager lost all confidence in him. Ellsbury trails Crisp in career homers, RBI and stolen bases. Since becoming an OF starter in MLB, Ellsbury has averaged 112 games played per season over the last 5 years, assuming he plays all the games left in the last two months of the season. Since becoming an OF starter in MLB, Crisp has averaged 118 games played per season over the last 9 years, assuming he plays all of the games left in the last two months of the season.    Their careers have more similarities than differences, other than skin color. Which is why Ellsbury is always touted as the best Red Sox player, over David Ortiz. Most importantly, Crisp is a championship team role player who frequently sacrificed his body to make plays. Ellsbury avoids walls at all cost and is the face of the losing Red Sox brand of the last half a decade. That Ellsbury is popular in Boston speaks to how out of touch most Red Sox fans are. Wakefield was popular, last year, which is laughable!

Once again, it's always the TRUE RACISTS who love to play the race card in a pathetic attempt to "turn the tables" on his hated leftist foes.

Don't purposefully take me wrong soft one, I hate it when the left plays the race card, BUT you consistently take it to a new level. Are you truly so stupid as to think that you turn the tables by preemptively throwing out the race card while consistently saying racist things??? Are you that delusional???? Of course you are.

For a long time, I had assumed that you pretend to be a right wing, Christian conservative, Republican, Red Sox fan, in order to paint all of these groups as ignorant racists. A guy trying to create the worst caricature possible of these groups, thus demonizing all.......
    I've changed my mind!  You're definitely not smart enough to even think of doing so.  You are what you seem to be......  An ignorant racist, bigot, and homophobe, who pretends to be a good Christian fighting the fight.  A solid conservative Republican, who takes on all leftist foes........ PLEASE! You are an extreme fool, with extreme views! All the groups you champion would not have a thing to do with you!!! Even the far right fringe would realize that you are nuts, & make them look bad.

You are pathetic!  You do nothing more than add to the caricature of these groups, and consistently marginalize yourself in any discussion.

For a guy who pretends to be a big shot lawyer, you certainly are a very stupid individual! 

You even make the FAR LEFT FRINGE look intelligent by comparison.  Now that's saying something. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

softy's still bummed out about Jacoby taking Coco's job away mid playoffs 2007, then hitting .438 in the World Series (this after a .927 OPS after his call-up in Sept 2007) .

Before I expsoe your lies, it's no surprise that Crisp is currently a vital player on a small market team that is winning. The last winning Red Sox team was in 2007, and it's no suprise that a racist Red Sox fan would trumpet what Ellsbrick did in September and the WS, which has nothing to do with that team's division and WS title. Ellsbrick could have been left in AAA and the results of the Manny, Ortiz lead team would have been the same.

The biggest racist, bigot and fascist on the board loves to call other's racist. What a clown.

Now the facts:

Ellsbrick did not "take Crisp's job away in mid-playoffs 2007".  In the 2007 playoffs, Crisp started in CF for the entire ALDS and 5 of the 7 games in the ALCS. In 2008, Crisp was the starting CF'er, starting 98 games in CF to Ellsbury 63 starts in CF.

Dude, try getting one thing right fore once in you pathetic life. Crisp went 2 for 11 in the ALDS (2 singles). He then went 3 for 21 in the ALCS with 2 singles and a 2B. He was replaced by Jacoby in the WS as evidenced by his 2 PAs in 4 games. Denying this obvious fact is your trademark. Repeating falsehoods thousands of times might work for Karl Marx, I mean Karl Rove of Axelrod, but Sox fans don't fall for your nonsense.

In the 2008 playoffs, Ellsbury was given the starting CF job. Ellsbury split time in the CF, RF and LF, but was permanently benched after Game 4 of the 7 game series v. TB in ALCS because the manager lost all confidence in him.

Ellsbury trails Crisp in career homers, RBI and stolen bases.

And during the 2008 season, you claimed Coco had more "upside, because he had already had 2 seasons with 15 and 16 HRs" and that "Jake would never hit 10+ HRs in a season". When Coco was booted, you claimed he'd outhit Jacoby over the rest of their careers. You claimed Jake would never have an OBP above .340 (later you moved the goalposts several times).

Coco's numbers after the Sox:
    KC (215 PAs)  .228/.336/.378/.714 with 3 HRs
    Oak.  (1203)   .266/.323/.392/.715 with 21 HRs
    330 games, 1418 PAs and 24 HRs.

Ellsbury's numbers from 2009 onwards:
    Bos .303/.357/.466/.822 and 41 HRs.
    349 games (19 more than "ironman Coco"), 1596 PAs (178 more than often pinch-hit for Coco), and 41 HRs (17 more than Coco). 

softy, the man of "career norms" denies these numbers:
    Career:
    Coco: .274/.329/.403/.732 and 238 SB/63 CS in 1113 games.
    Jake:  .300/.353/.449/.802 ans 176 SB/39CS in 527 games.

Since becoming an OF starter in MLB, Ellsbury has averaged 112 games played per season over the last 5 years, assuming he plays all the games left in the last two months of the season.

Coco averages 90 games/yr (448 gms in 5 yrs). Dude, at least pick a category that makes sense like you did with triples in early 2009. If Coco plays every game this year, he'll average about 100/yr the last 5 years.

Since becoming an OF starter in MLB, Crisp has averaged 118 games played per season over the last 9 years, assuming he plays all of the games left in the last two months of the season.   

Their careers have more similarities than differences, other than skin color. Which is why Ellsbury is always touted as the best Red Sox player, over David Ortiz. 

Only in your twisted mind.

Most importantly, Crisp is a championship team role player who frequently sacrificed his body to make plays. Ellsbury avoids walls at all cost and is the face of the losing Red Sox brand of the last half a decade. That Ellsbury is popular in Boston speaks to how out of touch most Red Sox fans are. Wakefield was popular, last year, which is laughable!

Most clowns make people laugh, but you are the one who is laughable.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Lies, lies, lies.

You most certainly said Coco had more "upside".

Ellsbury had 18 PAs in the 2007 World Series. Coco had 2. You can go on pretending that Coco did not lose his job to "Jake" during the 2007 playoffs, but facts are facts.

Coco returned the favor in 2008 by taking Jake's slot vs TBR in the LCS by batting .450 after jake went 0 for 14. But, that was 2008. We were talking 2007.

If Jake never plays another game in his career, he's still had a better career than Coco. Gotta love Coco's .318 and .314 OBP the last 2 years. A replacent player does better than that, so even when jake was hurt, his back-up outperformed Coco. (Sox OBP by CF'ers this year: .336 mostly by Byrd, kalish, Pods and Sweeney). 2010, CF'ers Cameron .332 and DMac .310 combined for better numbers than Coco the last 2 years.

Your claim of having more "readers" proves your hedonistic overblown egotistical tendencies. Limbaugh has more listeners: he must be right. Great logic, Sherlock.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE] An ignorant racist, bigot, and  homophobe , who pretends to be a good Christian fighting the fight.  A solid conservative Republican, who takes on all leftist foes........ PLEASE! You are an extreme fool, with extreme views! All the groups you champion would not have a thing to do with you!!! Even the far right fringe Look here, you trolling drive-by mental midget hired shilling leftist! No Conservative ever uses the mental midget's artifice term "homophobe"! No Christain ever uses the mental midget's artifice term "homophobe"! And no Conservative ever uses the phrase "far right fringe"! The Apostle Paul, today, would be called "a homophobe", you fraudulent lunatic! 

You are adorable when you get mad.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I just have to say that it was
    nice to see Lester holding a lead when he left after 6;
    nice to see Ciriaco produce in a big way
    nice to see Aceves with another save
    nice to see AGON back to powerguy RBI guy
    nice to see the Sox win....

25. This post has been removed.