posted at 7/29/2012 6:13 PM EDT
In Response to Re: Ellsbury
[QUOTE]Could there be another reason, perhaps subconscious, that Softy doesn't like Ellsbury?
Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]
It's not subconcious. softy has come right out and stated it several times:
1) Ellsbury went to a liberal college and was indoctrinated by leftist union supporting slugs.
2) "Jake" was handed the starting job on a silver platter, because he is a "good ole boy".
3) Jake took Coco's job away as softy denied that Coco declined in Boston from his last Cleveland years, and that he grossly missed expectations. Coco came to Boston at age 26- primed for improvement, instead he gave us this:
Cleve '04-'05: .299/.345/.456/.801
Bost '06-'09: .271/.330/.390/.690
Just because he called the fact that Jake would replace Coco, doesn'nt mean he never got over it.
4) softy can't stand to be proven wrong and will seek out obscure stats to prove a player he hates is not as good as he appears to be, even if the new found stat contradicts a stat he used before on Jake or on another Sox player he hates.
5) Jake is white: Coco is black, so softy blames racism for the change.
6) Jake is Native American, a category of division softy frowns on (along with many more), and one said "Jake would look good in an Indians hat".
There's more, but this about covers the major reason softy has suggest 3,421 different Jake trades since Coco was benched in the 2007 WS, and some senial Red Sox ex player dared compare Jake to Teddy Ballgame. Softy then convinced himself that every Sox fan overvalued Jake based on a small 2007 sample size and/or the color of his skin. softy believe he is on a one man crusade to expose how the whole world is wrong about Jake. Jake is really awful, but then in the next breath, he thinks Jake and a couple blocked prospects will net us his idead of the next coming of Manny Ramirez (AGon, Kemp and now Upton to name just a few).
(Cue softy blaming me for defending Wake against his lies and distortions.)