Ellsbury

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Ellsbury

Pulled for a hurt heel.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: Ellsbury

The Sox would be wise to offer Ells a fair contract right now at about 15M for 5 years.  Take it or leave it.  Ells is 1 injury away from blowing a big contract year.  Make him the offer, & see if he bites.  Nothing to lose.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

The Sox would be wise to offer Ells a fair contract right now at about 15M for 5 years.  Take it or leave it.  Ells is 1 injury away from blowing a big contract year.  Make him the offer, & see if he bites.  Nothing to lose.

i doubt he would go for it but who knows. it's definitely cheaper than what he would get as a FA if he were healthy. That would be a steal if we could sign him for that.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I would love to see it happen but I got to believe Els would never go for it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

His agent would laugh at that.

and you know it.

He probably would, but players should take note of what happened to Nomar.  One more unfortunate injury and he'll become a year to year contract guy.  Make him the offer, and let hin turn it down.  What harm would it be?  I agree that it would likely be in vain, but it's worth the shot.  Right now, I would not offer him more than 15M w/ 5 years.   Perhaps 15M 7yr. Tops!

As a huge Ells fan, I'm even starting to wonder if he really is what we all thought he was going to be.  A perenial All-Star???  I know in my head that these have been freak accidents, but it's starting to wear thin....  I know there were a lot of distractions at the end of last year, but Ells did not look the same.  He still doesn't.  I'm not quite sure he has the goods between the ears??  Yes!  I know this is blasphamy, and I might bash it myself, but I'm starting to waiver on Ells....  Glad JBJ is in the wings, READY to take over when he's likely GONE.......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

Pulled for a hurt heel.

I see this as writing on the wall - or Monstah - that the door is now open for Jackie and shutting for Els.  Els ... I hate to admit ... seems like a frail player.  He has talent out the yazoo, but his yazoo is not healthy very often.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to SinceYaz's comment:

Pulled for a hurt heel.

I see this as writing on the wall - or Monstah - that the door is now open for Jackie and shutting for Els.  Els ... I hate to admit ... seems like a frail player.  He has talent out the yazoo, but his yazoo is not healthy very often.

I was thinking the same thing.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

How do you jam your heel? I wasnt watching the game so I didnt see it, but thats one of the strangest injuries Ive ever heard of. "Out 6-8 weeks" now I suppose......?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to SinceYaz's comment:

Pulled for a hurt heel.

Yeah, but I never thought it had to be either/or. I'd love to have both for the next few years.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to darrylfries' comment:

The Sox would be wise to offer Ells a fair contract right now at about 15M for 5 years.  Take it or leave it.  Ells is 1 injury away from blowing a big contract year.  Make him the offer, & see if he bites.  Nothing to lose

Fair?   Your joking and I'm laughing with Ells and Boras laughing louder.

If he truly is the player of 2011, then you are correct.  He'd be worth more than 15M.  I've always loved Ells, but I'm not sure I'd want to commit 20+Million/yr. @7 years for the risk at this point.  In fact, I simply wouldn't do it.  I like keeping him, but for closer to 15million/yr. 

I suppose I need to come to terms with the market being over-inflated???  It is what it is. ..]]...  I just can't see taking the chance on that contract going south given what has gone down with teams like the Sox and the Yankees.  Perhaps..... Perhaps I offer him 16 - 17 right now, at 5 years....  I've just really soured on he mega-contract right now. 

Time for some fiscal sanity.  Not fiscal austerity

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to darrylfries' comment:

If he truly is the player of 2011, then you are correct.  He'd be worth more than 15M.  I've always loved Ells, but I'm not sure I'd want to commit 20+Million/yr. @7 years for the risk at this point.  In fact, I simply wouldn't do it.  I like keeping him, but for closer to 15million/yr. 

I suppose I need to come to terms with the market being over-inflated???  It is what it is. ..]]...  I just can't see taking the chance on that contract going south given what has gone down with teams like the Sox and the Yankees.  Perhaps..... Perhaps I offer him 16 - 17 right now, at 5 years....  I've just really soured on he mega-contract right now. 

Time for some fiscal sanity.  Not fiscal austerity

Sorry    I misunderstood thought your 15 mil  was total not per year l'll agree 15 per for 5 seems reasonable with his injury history.

Dang!  and I just gave up 2 million/yr. more and I already had you convinced!  I'd make a hell of a GM, giving money away when a guy simply does't understand the terms of my deal.  I thought you were working me higher and I fell for it.

Let's settle on 16mil / yr. 5 year deal and we can make it happen.  :)

LOL

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

oops!  Forgot to mention that I may move your client to LF though  :)  Unless of course he's willing to go to the Carl Crawford, throwing 101, so he can at least hit the cutoff man without dribbling it in........   :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthomas43. Show mthomas43's posts

No lose propostion, either trade him at the deadline to a team willing to over pay, or hopefully a number one pick next year when he sign elsewhere.  Signing him to a long term deal not an option, based on the amount he gets injurerd, he must be a relative of JD and Stephen Drew.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Let' s not put Ellsbury under the microscope for every little thing that happens. Let' s wait and see how serious this is. It is probably nothing much. There are many injuries around baseball at this time, most of them relatively minor. fight the urge to overreact. I am still anticipating a Sox outfield of Ellsbury , Bradley and Victorino.  An infield of Middlebrooks , Iglesias , Pedroia and Napoli. Salty catching. Gomes and Nava at DH until Ortiz is ready. Lester and Buchholz heading up the rotation , with Webster ready soon. A strong bullpen.  A wide-open division.  We have a real chance for success.  It is ironic that some of the respected , "positive" posters are also some of the most pessimistic.  Let's not worry about six years from now.  Let's put our best nine out there and play ball. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Let' s not put Ellsbury under the microscope for every little thing that happens. Let' s wait and see how serious this is. It is probably nothing much. There are many injuries around baseball at this time, most of them relatively minor. fight the urge to overreact. I am still anticipating a Sox outfield of Ellsbury , Bradley and Victorino.  An infield of Middlebrooks , Iglesias , Pedroia and Napoli. Salty catching. Gomes and Nava at DH until Ortiz is ready. Lester and Buchholz heading up the rotation , with Webster ready soon. A strong bullpen.  A wide-open division.  We have a real chance for success.  It is ironic that some of the respected , "positive" posters are also some of the most pessimistic.  Let's not worry about six years from now.  Let's put our best nine out there and play ball. 

Hopefully....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

It's a decent team there is no doubt about it.  They need Lester and Clay to be strong, they need a few guys to have big years on offense.  They have a shot.

Sections
Shortcuts