Ellsbury

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Ellsbury

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

How do you jam your heel? I wasnt watching the game so I didnt see it, but thats one of the strangest injuries Ive ever heard of. "Out 6-8 weeks" now I suppose......?

Getting back to first. Pulled him as a precaution. Said he's fine. 

I hope this post isn't removed

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

"precaution," being a 3 syllable word is subject to random screening.  This will likely be removed as a precaution.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

How do you jam your heel? I wasnt watching the game so I didnt see it, but thats one of the strangest injuries Ive ever heard of. "Out 6-8 weeks" now I suppose......?

Getting back to first. Pulled him as precaution. Said he's fine. 

I hope this post isn't removed

This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

This post has been pre-emptively removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

This post didn't even make it on the thread

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

This post didn't even make it on the thread

It never had a chance.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

The Sox would be wise to offer Ells a fair contract right now at about 15M for 5 years.  Take it or leave it.  Ells is 1 injury away from blowing a big contract year.  Make him the offer, & see if he bites.  Nothing to lose.

Nothing to lose but $75 million in these days of the luxury tax.

Using the WAR conversion, FanGraphs valued Jacoby Ellsbury at $42.4 million in 2011 and a combined $41.3 million in his other four-plus seasons.

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=4727&position=OF#value

The Red Sox (or any other team) would be taking an unreasonable risk by offering Ellsbury a five-year, $75 million contract as Ellsbury approaches his 30th birthday in September.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In recent years , " precaution " has sometimes been a euphemism for " out for the season."  That is why we have to have caution how we use the word "precaution. "  Seriously , we obviously have different age groups on this forum.  One thing we all have in common is that we have seen a total of two championships.  Many of us had started to believe that we would never see one.  And , we would like to see at least one more before we shuffle off this mortal coil.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

The morale will continue until the beatings improve.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

The Sox would be wise to offer Ells a fair contract right now at about 15M for 5 years.  Take it or leave it.  Ells is 1 injury away from blowing a big contract year.  Make him the offer, & see if he bites.  Nothing to lose.

Using the WAR conversion, FanGraphs valued Jacoby Ellsbury at $42.4 million in 2011 and a combined $41.3 million in his other four-plus years.

The Red Sox (or any other team) would be taking an unreasonable risk by offering Ellsbury a five-year, $75 million contract as Ellsbury approaches his 30th birthday in September.

So you think he won't get near 15M / yr., 5 yr. contract?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Using the WAR conversion, FanGraphs valued Jacoby Ellsbury at $42.4 million in 2011 and a combined $41.3 million in his other four-plus years.

I'd actually say that's pretty high for a guy who's had one great year and one very good year with a little more than a year spent on the DL. But with Scott Boras repping him who really knows?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

We just signed a 3 yr. $39 million contract with SV......

So Ells doesn't get much more?? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

To clarify, I don't think the dollars per year is all that high but 5 years seems a little long to me.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I'd actually say that's pretty high for a guy who's had one great year and one very good year with a little more than a year spent on the DL. But with Scott Boras repping him who really knows?

I actually agree in principle with both you and Hill, but I'm coming to terms with a grossly inflated market.  Ells WILL GET $15M plus / yr..  for at least 4 years.  It is a certainty.  In fact, he may well get much more than that.

Rediculous?  Absolutely.  Will it likely happen???  I think so!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

To clarify, I don't think the dollars per year is all that high but 5 years seems a little long to me.

Victorino is three years older than Ellsbury. So , three years for Victorino is okay , but five for Ellsbury is not ? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I actually agree in principle with both you and Hill, but I'm coming to terms with a grossly inflated market.  Ells WILL GET $15M plus / yr..  for at least 4 years.  It is a certainty.  In fact, he may well get much more than that.

Rediculous?  Absolutely.  Will it likely happen???  I think so!

I doubt he gets that from the Red Sox. The Sox wouldn't go to 4 years on Hamilton, so I can't see them doing it for Ells especially with Bradley waiting in the wings. The Yankees and Dodgers already have center fielders so who's going to give him this massive deal? The Angels have Trout so that doesn't leave too many big market teams. I think Jacoby could well get $15M per year, maybe even more, but he'll have to settle for less years than he's looking for I think.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Victorino is three years older than Ellsbury. So , three years for Victorino is okay , but five for Ellsbury is not ? 

Victorino has spent a lot less time on the DL than Ells, plus he's a better defender.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

BJ Upton got 75/5. Nuff said. Ells will get at least that on the open market.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Teams will be reluctant to pay a 30-year-old Jacoby Ellsbury in 2014 (and in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018) for numbers Ellsbury posted in 2011.

Shane Victorino has been far more consistent, being valued for six consecutive seasons at from a low of $13.2 million in 2007 to a high of $$26.8 million in 2011. Still, few people see Victorino's three-year, $39 million contract as a good value.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Victorino has spent a lot less time on the DL than Ells, plus he's a better defender.

But not nearly as good a ball player. Not just my opinion , but I would think the general consensus around baseball.  Carnie , I am sensing some bias on your part.  Correct me if I am wrong. 

Sections
Shortcuts