Ellsbury

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Ellsbury

In response to mthomas43's comment:

No lose propostion, either trade him at the deadline to a team willing to over pay, or hopefully a number one pick next year when he sign elsewhere.  Signing him to a long term deal not an option, based on the amount he gets injurerd, he must be a relative of JD and Stephen Drew.

hardly, Ells has landed on the DL list TWICE in his career. Aside from 2010 and 2012 he has missed less than 30 games total. and that includes the time missed when he was splitting time with Coco Crisp before he was made a starter.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

BJ Upton got 75/5. Nuff said. Ells will get at least that on the open market.

From who? I can't see it. Atlanta was dumb to pay that much for Upton and they will regret it if they don't already.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

In response to carnie's comment:

To clarify, I don't think the dollars per year is all that high but 5 years seems a little long to me.

Victorino is three years older than Ellsbury. So , three years for Victorino is okay , but five for Ellsbury is not ? 

Victorino has spent a lot less time on the DL than Ells, plus he's a better defender.

But not nearly as good a ball player. Not just my opinion , but I would think the general consensus around baseball.  Carnie , I am sensing some bias on your part.  Correct me if I am wrong. 

I wouldn't say I'm biassed against Ellsbury. I really like him except for his throwing arm. I am very biassed against long contracts as they usually end up being albatrosses. Granted we got good production out of Pedro and Manny, but those type situations are very rare IMO. Maybe Ellsbury could produce over the length of a 5 year or longer contract, but if I were running the Red Sox I wouldn't be willing to bet on it.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Hill , you are a " provacateur" , a subtle troll . You put out some stats, etc. , but your obvious goal is to annoy Sox fans. Others here get blasted for their opinions , but you seem to fly under the radar. I , for one , am not fooled. You sir , are a fake, phony fraud.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Steamer, Oliver and ZIPS project 2013 WAR of 4.4, 2.6 and 2.9, respectively, for Jacoby Ellsbury and 3.1, 3.4 and 3.8, respectively, for B.J. Upton, who is a year younger than Ellsbury:

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=4727&position=OF

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=5015&position=OF

Injury history hurts Ellsbury's value more than it hurts Upton's value.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Despite the weather , Spring is here. We're born again. There's new grass on the field. Let's put our best nine out there , cheer them on , and go for the gold.  Don't worry about six years from now. Go for it all. Let's go Red Sox !!!!   Good night all. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

Steamer, Oliver and ZIPS project 2013 WAR of 4.4, 2.6 and 2.9, respectively, for Jacoby Ellsbury and 3.1, 3.4 and 3.8, respectively, for B.J. Upton, who is a year younger than Ellsbury:

Upton never got to the free market. I bet your ton changes if the Mariners offer him 5/80.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Hill , you are a " provacateur" , a subtle troll . You put out some stats, etc. , but your obvious goal is to annoy Sox fans. Others here get blasted for their opinions , but you seem to fly under the radar. I , for one , am not fooled. You sir , are a fake, phony fraud.  

You are being a little harsh but your closing to the true than some may think.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to UnionFallsNY's comment:

I watched the game and saw Ellsbury get pulled for precautionary reason after stumbling on getting back to first on a pickoff move. On the next pitch he tried to steal second. He is fine. Let's be realistic instead of being gossips and rumor starters. Much ado about nothing. Don't feed the forum with BS. 

I second  the motion. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Upton never got to the free market. I bet your ton changes if the Mariners offer him 5/80.

The Atlanta Braves forfeited a first-round draft pick in signing free agent B.J. Upton to a five-year, $75 mllion contract(but traded for Justin Upton):

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-braves-blog/2012/11/28/braves-agree-to-terms-with-b-j-upton/

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

I offer statistics that appear relevant to the discussion ... each reader is free to incorporate the stats into an analysis of the issue at hand, or disregard the numbers altogether. At times the statistics cast a Red Sox player in a positive light.

Your name-calling detracts from your otherwise meaningful contributions to the forum.

Peace be with you, my friend.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

I said he was injury prone and got the ol' "it was Beltres fault" bologna feedback. Regardless of fault the dude is always hurt.

I have watched that play over and over from every angle. I never saw Ellsbury move his lips. I'm near certain he never called off Beltre.

Maybe he was not used to having a great fielding IF'er doing what he is supposed to do: run hard at any ball he thinks he can catch until he is called off.

It was Ellsbury's fault.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to ms_obstinate's comment:

MISS ME YET???

No

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to ms_obstinate's comment:

MISS ME YET???

If you mean hes still on the most wanted list, then I say yes.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I offer statistics that appear relevent to the discussion ... each reader is free to incorporate the stats into an analysis of the issue at hand, or disregard the numbers altogether. At times the statistics cast a Red Sox player in a positive light.

Your name-calling detracts from your otherwise meaningful contributions to the forum.

And also with you, lift up your heart.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I offer statistics that appear relevent to the discussion ... each reader is free to incorporate the stats into an analysis of the issue at hand, or disregard the numbers altogether. At times the statistics cast a Red Sox player in a positive light.

:)  we lift them up to you oh lord

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

LOL....  Just talking to my brother back in Mass.  You can't find a decent Mass out here in Oregon.  It's like Catholicism as a second language out here.  Dorky folk bands strumming on guitars!  Holy Ship!  Where is the God Damned pipe organ for chr____'s sake!

Thanks for bringing me back to my yout   :)

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

:)  we lift them up to you oh lord

Let us give thanks to the Lord for the Red Sox .

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

The morale will continue until the beatings improve.

I feel better already.

Sections
Shortcuts