Ellsbury's Absence Hasn't been a Factor at all, are you Surprised?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Re: Ellsbury's Absence Hasn't been a Factor at all, are you Surprised?

Hey Softy.....you clearly stated yet again that Ells has played his last game for the Sox. I'll ask you again since you avoided the wager last time. I bet you $50 that Ells will play again this season or postseason. Why not put your wallet where your mouth is....let's see how confident you really are. A rich lawyer like you should have no problem with this....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Bradley is back in CF with injuries to both Vic and Ellsbury.  Four hits in two games.  Go, Jackie, go!  The best lineup is still with Ellsbury leading off in CF and Victorinobatting 2d in RF.  They both have WAR's among the top ten in the AL.  But right now we need JBJ at his best.  And, if he really has started to hit, it makes the offseason decisions easier for Ben.  I think Ellsbury was always a goner, but maybe Ben won't have to go after another outfielder.  

I too do not think Ellsbury is fragile, and his top ten WAR is a very good bargaining chip.  Boras is right to peddle him for a zillion bucks, I guess, but occasionally a a player like Longoria will say, money isn't everything, and I can make it financially if I am only paid a king's ransom.  $75 million for 5 years is not, despite Boras's protestations to the contrary, chump change.   Ellsbury is now married, and maybe he and his wife like Boston, a not unlikeable city.  He works for a pretty good manageMent team, from John Farrell to John Henry, and right now the future, including more trips to the playoffs, looks pretty good.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to BigPapiforever's comment:

Jacoby was at the celebration last night.  It has to be hard for him to not be on the field.  If at all possibly, Jacoby will be playing and before the post season.

He was hitting of a t and throwing yesterday ... so he's working on getting back and losing as little readiness as possible.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

Hey Softy.....you clearly stated yet again that Ells has played his last game for the Sox. I'll ask you again since you avoided the wager last time. I bet you $50 that Ells will play again this season or postseason. Why not put your wallet where your mouth is....let's see how confident you really are. A rich lawyer like you should have no problem with this....

A cash bet won' t work on an anonymous.  How are you going to collect and what  can you do if he refuses?

I suggest loser posts his cell phone number...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Notin, an inspired idea, and could be applied to a lot of situations on this board. Basic put up or shut up.  Iapplaud you.

NC

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to notin's comment:

In response to Kingface12's comment:

A cash bet won' t work on an anonymous.  How are you going to collect and what  can you do if he refuses?

I suggest loser posts his cell phone number...

Thats hardly fair Notin. Softy could post his cell phone number here and no one would care.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Just because Softy has been dead wrong about 95% of his predictions about this team, does not mean that his underlying point about joining the coming bidding war on Ells is wrong-headed  It's going to take $18M/yr. 5 yr deal min. to sign him.  I hate to agree with someone who is wrong 95% of the time, but in this case his accidental point makes sense.

Now....  Replacing this borderline All-Star, one of the best LO hitters in baseball, & biggest base stealing threat in the mlb (when he's healthy) is next to impossible!  BUT....  at the money???  is it worth committing $18+ per year 5+ years????  Well.....  That changes the equation! 

His second half at the plate pulled a potentially disasterous season out of the fire.  His late injury has potentially put his FA value back in question.  The oft injured perception comes back into play, potentially dropping his FA value, but likely not near enough to make him a "value" FA signing. 

Now....  If we could keep Ells at Victorino money, 3 yr 13 - 16 Million / yr.????   It would be a NO BRAINER at 3 year 16 Million per year!  I don't think the Stiff one would ever come close to admitting even the obvious, as with this deal.  Not that it is even close to a possibility, as Ells will get bids close to the above stated 18/5yr.

The difference with all RS FANS & Stiffy???  He's solely interested in being accidentally right.  He's the screaming broken cuckoo clock ;) 

Still waiting for him to step up & admit that the other 95% of his RS player predictions were pathetic at best?  Over the long season sample, he's been proven manifestly wrong on soooooooo  many predictions.  A bigger man would have stayed away, huddled in the corner in sheer embarrassment for having been proven wrong on almost every prediction this year.  You gotta hand it to the stiff one!!!!!!  Like so many Americans these days, he knows no shame!  Just like with Obama, he can be proven manifestly wrong on 99% of what he's done, and he'll still try to convince you that his toots smell like roses.  :0    You make one heck of a liberal Stiffler ;)

Will he man up?  NEVER :)

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

And it's interesting to see how time flies and Ellsbury has probably played his last game for the Red Sox. 

Of course, Softy will ignore anyone looking to make a wager with him on this one.  I'd gladly make a tag line wager.  Loser adds a tagline that the other knows more about BB.

Softy?  Softy?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:

I think, with the broken foot and just a few weeks left, he's played his last game ever for the Red Sox. I'm one of the few Red Sox fans who hopes that is the case.

It's interesting to note that Crisp just hit his 21st homer of the 2013 season, and has been a key veteran leader in the A's 2nd straight season in the playoffs. Projections are just that, often wrong for many, but no one would have predicted the A's are neck and neck with the Red Sox for best record and homefield. 

I think it's interesting to see what's happened to the last starting CF's for the last Red Sox championship season. 

And it's interesting to see how time flies and Ellsbury has probably played his last game for the Red Sox. With Victorino and Bradley, it's going to be interesting to see whether they are embraced with the same doting fan support that was heaped on Ellsbury for the time he was with the Red Sox. 

For those who feel differently, where do you see Ellsbury over the next few weeks and next years. And if he never plays another game for the Red Sox, what will miss about this player and the expecations that he was going to be an all-time Red Sox great and MLB superstar?

Feel free to disagree. Thanks.

Remember when you tried to pretend you weren't a troll? 

I miss those innocent days.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

[QUOTE]

I think, with the broken foot and just a few weeks left, he's played his last game ever for the Red Sox. I'm one of the few Red Sox fans who hopes that is the case.

It's interesting to note that Crisp just hit his 21st homer of the 2013 season, and has been a key veteran leader in the A's 2nd straight season in the playoffs. Projections are just that, often wrong for many, but no one would have predicted the A's are neck and neck with the Red Sox for best record and homefield. 

I think it's interesting to see what's happened to the last starting CF's for the last Red Sox championship season. 

And it's interesting to see how time flies and Ellsbury has probably played his last game for the Red Sox. With Victorino and Bradley, it's going to be interesting to see whether they are embraced with the same doting fan support that was heaped on Ellsbury for the time he was with the Red Sox. 

For those who feel differently, where do you see Ellsbury over the next few weeks and next years. And if he never plays another game for the Red Sox, what will miss about this player and the expecations that he was going to be an all-time Red Sox great and MLB superstar?

[/QUOTE]

How cute!  Now Pikey is defending Stiffy???   LOL

Make up your mind Pike!  Where do you stand?  Looks like you're always caught in the middle of the road.  Deer in headlights.

Hello Pot!  Kettle calling. 

knock knock....   Who's there?   Concern Troll....   Concern troll who?  knock knock......

Dude!  You need a date!  :)  Y

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Make up your mind Pike!  Where do you stand?  Looks like you're always caught in the middle of the road.  Deer in headlights.

knock knock....   Who's there?   Concern Troll....   Concern troll who?  knock knock......

[/QUOTE]

37 stories is NOT pike.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Derp.

Wake up. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Derp.

Wake up. 

[/QUOTE]
    check your PMs 37

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Softy now denies he ever said this!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Am I surprised youre a total dope? No.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

So far, in the playoffs, Ellsbury is 9 for 24 with 2 doubles, 3 BBs, and 4 SBs (8 runs scored in 6 games).

Softy gave "the advantage" to Austin Jackson: no surprise there.

(FYI: Jackson is 3 for 30 this playoff season. 16 Ks/ 1 BB. O SBs.  1 Run & 1 RBI.)

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

It's nice to see Ellsbury begging for walks in the ALCS, even though my hopes didn't turn out as the case I had hoped for. 

[/QUOTE]

Are you really the same guy as before?

You don't seem nearly as intelligent. Almost all of your posts include a sentence that at best is awkward and at worst is incomprehensible.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

Ben Cherington has been just plain lucky.  Ain't it great? 

Ben Cherington's done nothing of merit in his tenure of a massive payroll budget GM during 2012 and 2013.

[/QUOTE]

He is a better GM than you are a troll.

Of this there is no doubt.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]

Ben Cherington has been just plain lucky.  Ain't it great? 

Ben Cherington's done nothing of merit in his tenure of a massive payroll budget GM during 2012 and 2013.

[/QUOTE]

Arguing against the facts again.  Koji Uehara says hello.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

...my hopes didn't turn out as the case I had hoped for. 

His playoff OBP is over .400.  You said leadoff is all about runs scored and gave the nod to Austin Jackson over Ellsbury. Newsflash: Ellsbury 8 runs in 6 games: Jackson 1 run in 7 games.

I'm assuming you hoped Jacoby stunk then.

Great Sox fan you are!

Sections
Shortcuts