Ellsbury's OPS is now.890

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Re: Ellsbury's OPS is now.890

In Response to Re: Ellsbury's OPS is now.890:
    In Response to Re: Ellsbury's OPS is now.890 : When was Jason Varitek offered $10 million? Varitek reportedly turned down an offer of arbitration, which could have resulted in a non-guaranteed contract for an unknown amount. Many players have benefited from the "nonsense" of Scott Boras. You can't expect a player to display a highly competitive nature on the field but not at the negotiating table. The Red Sox could seek a hometown discount while Ellsbury demands a hometown bonus based on his established good will among Red Sox fans, the vast majority of whom revere Ellsbury.
    Posted by hill55

hill,

Arbitration would have given Tek approx. 10mil and he turned it down.  Jason simply believed Boras could get him more.  He eventually settled for half the amount that season just to get a longer contract.  He could have had 10mil that season, then renegotied and still be anyway. 

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ge-varitekfinal013009

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

In Response to Re: Ellsbury's OPS is now.890 : Arbitration would have given Tek approx. 10mil and he turned it down.  Jason simply believed Boras could get him more.  He eventually settled for have of what he could have and probably been in the same situation today. http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ge-varitekfinal013009
    Posted by craze4sox
    It was a strategic error on Boras' part but those are few and far between.

Boras probably thought he could reach Tek's goal which was to be assured he'd spend the rest of his career with the RS and get more money from the RS than the arbitration award.

This may have looked like 3 years for $12M. Where Boras over reached was he under estimated the lack of interest anybody else would have in Jason and over estimated the RS desire to retain Tek, which is some what understandable. Being willing to accept a possible $10M arbitration award could lead someone to reasonably believe that the RS had a higher valuation of Tek that the 2 years at $5-$6M they ended up signing Tek to.

But none of this has anything to do with Ellsbury. Tek was the RS captain, with a great relationship with the organization and the local media. Ellsbury, not so much on either count. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Ellsbury's OPS is now.890 : It was a strategic error on Boras' part but those are few and far between. Boras probably thought he could reach Tek's goal which was to be assured he'd spend the rest of his career with the RS and get more money from the RS than the arbitration award. This may have looked like 3 years for $12M. Where Boras over reached was he under estimated the lack of interest anybody else would have in Jason and over estimated the RS desire to retain Tek, which is some what understandable. Being willing to accept a possible $10M arbitration award could lead someone to reasonably believe that the RS had a higher valuation of Tek that the 2 years at $5-$6M they ended up signing Tek to. But none of this has anything to do with Ellsbury. Tek was the RS captain, with a great relationship with the organization and the local media. Ellsbury, not so much on either count. 
    Posted by fivekatz

Forget it fivekatz, it's obvious a few here believe they know everything about our team and FO.  I have been around the league long enough not to argue with fans who never admit being wrong.  

I either get excuses, dodged questions, or both from them so what's the use?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

Re: Ellsbury's OPS is now.898

In Response to Re: Ellsbury's OPS is now.898:
    Must be the poster who said the Rays were going away. Who was the poster who said Jake would be nothing more than a 4th OF'er? I said Jake would spend a large part of career as a platoon/4th OF'er. And he will. Jake would never have a full season with an OBP over .330 (later amended to .340, later amended to career average of over .340, later amended to leadoff OBP over .340, etc...) I never said "over .330", you lying sack of NYT. I siad he'd be lucky to have a career OBP over .350, and one career year of .360 would be max possibility. Appears like he has a shot at .370, but I doubt he hold that. Career OBP is low .350's. I don't "amend".   Jake would hit more HRs if he played in LF. He would. Jake's stock was highest in 2009.   It was. CS is up and v. LhP is way down. Mixed bag, despite the euphoria. He was embarrassing, field and 8 LOB's, tonight. Jake's HR totals are padded by Pesky Pole. I never said that. In fact, I said it reduced totals. That said, season is getting late and I said one career would be high teens and low 20's,max. Career average is about 12 to 13. Reddick has more bat speed and a better swing for power. It remains to be seen where "MVP" Ellsbury ends up on a career season in some categories. Jake's season should be credied to a guy who hits 2 batters behind him. True. Put him in Oakland and MVP nonsense won't get off propaganda speakers. AGon is MVP on his own, and coattailing Bellsbury.
    Posted by softylaw

ELLSBURY gives you great pain,must be hard to be wrong so much.

Sections
Shortcuts