1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

Elvis Andrus

As everyone knows the Red Sox have just unloaded all that money in the Block Buster trade with the Dodgers. Now the question is what do the Red Sox do with their newly acquired payroll and the prospects received from the dodgers? Well I thought a nice move to start off the winter with would be to trade for 24 year old (his birthday is today actually (August 26th) Happy Birthday Elvis.) Short Stop Elvis Andrus. Hes only 24 years old, not even in his prime yet, he would be cost controlled for the next few years, and probably wouldn't require a huge haul in prospects. Now you're probably thinking why would the Rangers trade Elvis Andrus? Well rumors have been swirling around that the Rangers could trade him because they have a potential future star Short Stop in the minor leagues named Jurickson Profar, a 19 year old SS prospect ranked #1 in their organization. So what do you guys think? Good first move for the new look Red Sox? I think so...

Here are Andrus's Stats:

GABRHTB2B3BHRRBIBBIBBSOSBCSAVGOBPSLGOPSGO/AO
    SEASON1224917114619127625148070198.297.364.389.7531.84
    MLB Totals5652146327594759862013186208031712141.277.346.354.6992.07
    Minors Totals4071598256439577731015185151132112550.275.343.361.7041.94

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Re: Elvis Andrus

In Response to Elvis Andrus:
    As everyone knows the Red Sox have just unloaded all that money in the Block Buster trade with the Dodgers. Now the question is what do the Red Sox do with their newly acquired payroll and the prospects received from the dodgers? Well I thought a nice move to start off the winter with would be to trade for 24 year old (his birthday is today actually (August 26th) Happy Birthday Elvis.) Short Stop Elvis Andrus. Hes only 24 years old, not even in his prime yet, he would be cost controlled for the next few years, and probably wouldn't require a huge haul in prospects. Now you're probably thinking why would the Rangers trade Elvis Andrus? Well rumors have been swirling around that the Rangers could trade him because they have a potential future star Short Stop in the minor leagues named Jurickson Profar, a 19 year old SS prospect ranked #1 in their organization. So what do you guys think? Good first move for the new look Red Sox? I think so... Here are Andrus's Stats: G AB R H TB 2B 3B HR RBI BB IBB SO SB CS AVG OBP SLG OPS GO/AO SEASON 122 491 71 146 191 27 6 2 51 48 0 70 19 8 .297 .364 .389 .753 1.84 MLB Totals 565 2146 327 594 759 86 20 13 186 208 0 317 121 41 .277 .346 .354 .699 2.07 Minors Totals 407 1598 256 439 577 73 10 15 185 151 1 321 125 50 .275 .343 .361 .704 1.94
    Posted by JohnnyLefty

Why wouldn't a 24-year-old who ranks second among all shortstops in WAR over the past two years cost regarded prospects or other valuable players?

On the other hand, Elvis Andrus remains under team control only through the 2014 season.

Would you trade Jon Lester and Allen Webster for Andrus? Would the Rangers be interested in those players?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

I wouldn't trade Jon Lester for him no. But I think Something along the lines of Webster, Lavarnway/Salty (either one idk), and maybe Doubront would get it done. The Rangers get 1 good pitching prospect, a Major League ready catcher to replace Napoli, and a MLB proven starter from the AL East in Doubront.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Re: Elvis Andrus:
    I wouldn't trade Jon Lester for him no. But I think Something along the lines of Webster, Lavarnway/Salty (either one idk), and maybe Doubront would get it done. The Rangers get 1 good pitching prospect, a Major League ready catcher to replace Napoli, and a MLB proven starter from the AL East in Doubront.
    Posted by JohnnyLefty

That package won't land a 24-year-old All Star shortstop (who is younger than Ryan Lavarnway, Felix Doubront and Jarrod Saltalamacchia).

I doubt the Rangers would trade two years of Elvis Andrus for a year of two of 28-year-old Jon Lester.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Elvis Andrus : That package won't land a 24-year-old All Star shortstop (who is younger than Ryan Lavarnway, Felix Doubront and Jarrod Saltalamacchia). I doubt the Rangers would trade two years of Elvis Andrus for a year of two of 28-year-old Jon Lester.
    Posted by hill55
    That's pretty ageist hill.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxRuleTheRoost. Show SoxRuleTheRoost's posts

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to hill55s comment:

Posted by JohnnyLefty

That package won't land a 24-year-old All Star shortstop (who is younger than Ryan Lavarnway, Felix Doubront and Jarrod Saltalamacchia).

I doubt the Rangers would trade two years of Elvis Andrus for a year of two of 28-year-old Jon Lester.

Based on anything besides a desire to shoot don Sox fans trade thoughts?

Also, Lester has an option.

And Lester remains a very reasonably priced pitcher going forward despite his one bad season.  

That said, I would not be surprised of Andrus headlined a package headed to Arizona for Justin Upton.  In fact, I expect it.  And really, if the Sox are dealing Lester I hope it is not to acquire a leadoff-hitting shortstop...

Sections
Shortcuts