Enough already with the witch hunt.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

Enough already with the witch hunt.

i am one of those people who dont give a damn about the beer or the chicken or the chicken and beer combo or even chicken flavored beer.. i dont believe that drinking a beer on days off has anything to do with anything. hell i drink beers on my days off too, why shouldnt they?? they arent robots. everyone is looking for an excuse for what happened and the truth is they just didnt play well its baseball it happens.. they didnt play well in april and then again in september. the issue really comes down to two guys carrying the entire pitching staff the whole season and getting burnt out in the end.. dice k didnt last a month, Lackey was a mental case the whole season and boucholtz was hurt.. the sox were lucky to win as many games as they did going through most months with only two legit guys who could pitch.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: Enough already with the witch hunt.

Ever heard of capitalization?  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

In Response to Re: Enough already with the witch hunt.:
    [QUOTE]Ever heard of capitalization?  
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

ever hear of i dont give a damn when typing on a message board?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

About capitalizing letters or having a clue?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

BTW it should be SoxPatsFan08.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Ever heard of capitalization?  

Yes. Capitol punishment is necessary to stop the witch-hunt.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

lol.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

[QUOTE]BTW it should be Sox P ats F an08.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOT

tHANKS FOR YOUR INPUT. i VALUE YOUR OPINION.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

[QUOTE]About capitalizing letters or having a clue?

tHERE YOU GO, THATS SOME GREAT INSIGHT THERE I'M SURE THERE ARE SOME POSTS YOU CAN LOOK AT THAT MIGHT BE MISSING A COMMA OR TWO.

dO YOU REALLY BELIEVE THAT BEER AND CHICKEN TOOK THIS TEAM DOWN? iT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE LACK OF PITCHING FOR MOST OF THE SEASON?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from norm9340. Show norm9340's posts

In Response to Enough already with the witch hunt.:
    [QUOTE]i am one of those people who dont give a damn about the beer or the chicken or the chicken and beer combo or even chicken flavored beer.. i dont believe that drinking a beer on days off has anything to do with anything. hell i drink beers on my days off too, why shouldnt they?? they arent robots. everyone is looking for an excuse for what happened and the truth is they just didnt play well its baseball it happens.. they didnt play well in april and then again in september. the issue really comes down to two guys carrying the entire pitching staff the whole season and getting burnt out in the end.. dice k didnt last a month, Lackey was a mental case the whole season and boucholtz was hurt.. the sox were lucky to win as many games as they did going through most months with only two legit guys who could pitch.
    Posted by Soxpatsfan08[/QUOTE]
    I have to agree with the O.P.  I know I don't post often and some here will say that I have no business here. To them I say.. I read this board every day and comment when I feel I need to. I have been a Sox fan since 1952 and I'm a bit sick of the crap that is going on in the media...Dennis and Callaghan are among the worst on this subject...There is such a thing as objective reporting but this digging under every rock to discredit anyone involved with the Red Sox organization is way over the top. I guess the next people to go under the microscope will be the club house attendents, the ballboys/girls and the batboys... SHEEEESH   I've heard enough...Let managent go about fixing the problems and let the players address there own responsibilities

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Enough already with the witch hunt. : tHERE YOU GO, THATS SOME GREAT INSIGHT THERE I'M SURE THERE ARE SOME POSTS YOU CAN LOOK AT THAT MIGHT BE MISSING A COMMA OR TWO.dO YOU REALLY BELIEVE THAT BEER AND CHICKEN TOOK THIS TEAM DOWN? iT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE LACK OF PITCHING FOR MOST OF THE SEASON?
    Posted by Soxpatsfan08[/QUOTE]

Well, if the clubhouse kid was a NY plant, then I have reason to believe the beer and the chicken were laced with a heavy-duty laxative.
    That's enough to sit 'em down.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Enough already with the witch hunt. : Well, if the clubhouse kid was a NY plant, then I have reason to believe the beer and the chicken were laced with a heavy-duty laxative. That's enough to sit 'em down.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

thats a very good point a laxative would make anyone pitch poorly

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

Well put soxpatsfan. Why does everyone need to blame someone? Just wasn't RS year, should have seen this earlier. Dice K goes down early, then Buchholz in June, Lester/Beckett both injured late and are not same pitchers after returning. Explains the highest era in mlb in Sept. If blame should be placed maybe conditioning coaches because this is 2 years in a row we've lost a ton of players, or is it just bad luck?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

[QUOTE]Well put soxpatsfan. Why does everyone need to blame someone? Just wasn't RS year, should have seen this earlier. Dice K goes down early, then Buchholz in June, Lester/Beckett both injured late and are not same pitchers after returning. Explains the highest era in mlb in Sept. If blame should be placed maybe conditioning coaches because this is 2 years in a row we've lost a ton of players, or is it just bad luck?
    Posted by garyhow[/QUOTE]

yeah conditioning coaches might explain some of the injuries and the slow start but i think most of it is just bad luck really to stay  healthy in sports you really just need to get lucky more than anything

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SculEsqare. Show SculEsqare's posts

It’s a done deal, get over it, including the Boston sports writer’s let it go. We’ve had a decade of great Sox entertainment along with great and not so great baseball. Ya got to love it! Why the 2011 surprise. Are you a fan or are you family? Spring training showed us they were only a third place team any way, no matter how they looked on paper. I didn’t have a crystal ball, but here is my blog from May. Now on to 2012 Red Sox Baseball!  

My beloved Red Sox. Who are these guys? Where did the boys from bean town go? This game is supposed to be fun, smile like you’re having a good time. Look like you know each other, look like you care. Who are these new coaches standing around waiting for something to happen and Tito what is he waiting for, he looks so lost with his dog eyes sympathy look.  I know the old adage of “these are grown men making big money don’t have to be coached” bull crap! If they ever needed a coach it’s this year. Not their fault, check the mix: new coaches, new players, same old pitching staff, no identity, no energy, no team cohesiveness, worse spring training in red sox history a ship with no captain. So who is to blame? Who should have identified a 2011 game plan for this NEW GROUP of INDIVIDUALS required to build them into a TEAM, with goals, individual expectations toward the TEAM concept? It was there for the making, what a lost opportunity. Now in May under the so called TEAM CONCEPT we have each individual player still trying to define himself thrown in with flashes of group activity let down by leader ship who doesn’t either understand or have the ability to show them the way. Just look at their faces, this is a group just is waiting for someone to lead them in a forceful positive direction.  Tito, it’s not too late.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Enough already with the witch hunt. : I have to agree with the O.P.  I know I don't post often and some here will say that I have no business here. To them I say.. I read this board every day and comment when I feel I need to. I have been a Sox fan since 1952 and I'm a bit sick of the crap that is going on in the media...Dennis and Callaghan are among the worst on this subject...There is such a thing as objective reporting but this digging under every rock to discredit anyone involved with the Red Sox organization is way over the top. I guess the next people to go under the microscope will be the club house attendents, the ballboys/girls and the batboys... SHEEEESH   I've heard enough...Let managent go about fixing the problems and let the players address there own responsibilities
    Posted by norm9340[/QUOTE]

Great post and I also agree with you.  This witch hunt has to stop.  The media just needs to stop with all of these reports and even false accusations about what happened.  Most of us are getting sick and tired of hearing about the Red Sox problems. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

Your logic is sound, and it's always a pleasure to hear from a veteran Red Sox Nation member such as yourself. Peace and quiet is exactly what's needed now. Henry and the ownership group need to be mindful to let their handlers, er,  handle....and stop with the public appearances for awhile. Get a VETERAN manager here and let's start looking towards the winter meetings. I'm not overly sold on Cherington, to be quite honest. I think we need a VETERAN GM as well....and I've already suggested Friedman of the Rays. We shall see. But you keep right on posting Norm! Where I'm from veterans are treated with respect for their years of service, and that should include our beloved Red Sox Nation.

[QUOTE]In Response to Enough already with the witch hunt. : I have to agree with the O.P.  I know I don't post often and some here will say that I have no business here. To them I say.. I read this board every day and comment when I feel I need to. I have been a Sox fan since 1952 and I'm a bit sick of the crap that is going on in the media...Dennis and Callaghan are among the worst on this subject...There is such a thing as objective reporting but this digging under every rock to discredit anyone involved with the Red Sox organization is way over the top. I guess the next people to go under the microscope will be the club house attendents, the ballboys/girls and the batboys... SHEEEESH   I've heard enough...Let managent go about fixing the problems and let the players address there own responsibilities
    Posted by norm9340[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

ive really just have had enough of it

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I agree.....it is ridiculous. Pitchers on an off day having a beer in the clubhouse is as relevant to the collapse as media guys opinions as to what rosters moves the team should have made. As for the drinking in the dugout, I have no choice but to believe the denials until the supposed Red Sox employee who supplied the story comes forward and reveals himslef and says it in public.....then we can judge his validity and whether or not he even had the access to be aware of the situation.....the guy who sells hot dogs in the bleachers may be a Red Sox employee, but would he be a relaibale source as to what is in the cups guys are drining in the dugouts?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

I agree as well, the entire 'story' is getting quite old...totally lame...why does blame have to be put somewhere, and people singled out?...only in Boston...I observe from afar, but was born into this Boston thing and have cursed my kids with it as well, and I can say that the rest of the country thinks the whole thing is stupid, if they even think about it at all...move on...btw, there is a World Series going on...the Boston reporters just sukkkkk...this 'story' is over...and has caused unnecessary damage...