Enough for this long term fan

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Re: Enough for this long term fan

:)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Good one craze. Clearly your post count doesn't count for much. I've argued with burrito to many times to count. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Are you sure your not al? You whine just like him , or donrd, how do you like baseless accusations being thrown at you? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:

Are you sure your not al? You whine just like him , or donrd, how do you like baseless accusations being thrown at you? 

Same screen name forever pal can you say the same?  If you can that's great because the only posters who get any respect are those who do.  Unless of course you choose to change names without getting kicked off the board first.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Same screen name forever pal can you say the same?  If you can that's great because the only posters who get any respect are those who do.  Unless of course you choose to change names without getting kicked off the board first.

[/QUOTE

I ain't nobody else and unlike you I'll always support the home team. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

1 more post for 1k RSF4L.

congrats!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

in response to RSF4Life234's comment:

[QUOTE]

I have supported the Sox for 45 years.  It doesn't mean I have to be glued to the game until they begin to play better.  There are other things in my life besides baseball and I'm entitled to talk about the issues we have so no guilt here buddy.  Sorry it offends fans like you, some people just can't take criticism or reality which is their preference.

Just have to toughen up or hit ignore.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

There is criticism, and then theres realism. Your being overly critical while not being very realistic, that's my opinion. That being said to call me a another poster is pretty lame regardless of any Sox discussion.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

congrats!

[/QUOTE]

Thanks slash wish I could have used it better!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]

There is criticism, and then theres realism. Your being overly critical while not being very realistic, that's my opinion. That being said to call me a another poster is pretty lame regardless of any Sox discussion.

[/QUOTE]

Just try to take things a bit more open minded like others that know me better.  I don't think realism is the issue because facts are facts.  We all have bad days at some point and I may have just vented a bit too much.  As far as calling you another poster sorry but I removed the post as quick as it was posted because I did feel it was wrong. 

At least you didn't go as far as RigatoniT who my guess is has already been kicked off the board or will be soon.  If our MOD'S took any of my 5000 plus posts to heart like you I can assure you the same would have happened to me so just let it go.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

congrats!

Thanks slash wish I could have used it better!

[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. I wanted to start a thread for my 10,000th post and let me something profound, and I belew right past it. I was at 10,014 before I realized I went past it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I have supported the Sox for 45 years.  It doesn't mean I have to be glued to the game until they begin to play better.  There are other things in my life besides baseball and I'm entitled to talk about the issues we have so no guilt here buddy.  Sorry it offends fans like you, some people just can't take criticism or reality which is their preference.

[/QUOTE]

Craze---I just got into this thread but I can tell you everyone should be allowed to give their opinion and not be skewered by others for doing it.  They can argue against what you say or support you but personal attacks should be out.  I noticed over the years that Red Sox fans can be broken down mainly in two categories.  Those who support the team come what may but do not take it kindly when someone knocks a player on the team.  They mostly see only good and rail when someone does something to the contrary.  The other group loves the team just as much but get angry and critical and have to get things off their chest.  I fall in the latter category myself and I choose to see things as they are----and right now we need to get our @#$% together.  That might upset some people who see no evil but facts are facts and everyone should be able to agree at least on that issue.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to seabeachfred's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Craze---I just got into this thread but I can tell you everyone should be allowed to give their opinion and not be skewered by others for doing it.  They can argue against what you say or support you but personal attacks should be out.  I noticed over the years that Red Sox fans can be broken down mainly in two categories.  Those who support the team come what may but do not take it kindly when someone knocks a player on the team.  They mostly see only good and rail when someone does something to the contrary.  The other group loves the team just as much but get angry and critical and have to get things off their chest.  I fall in the latter category myself and I choose to see things as they are----and right now we need to get our @#$% together.  That might upset some people who see no evil but facts are facts and everyone should be able to agree at least on that issue.

[/QUOTE]
    Agreed.  My dad was a die hard fan through thick and thin.  But if he was annoyed with the sox he would call them bums.  I used that term when I was at fenway and some young guy didn't like it.

We all cheer for the guys but some can do it while being critical while others can't.  I don't see any problem with calling a spade a spade.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

Agreed.  My dad was a die hard fan through thick and thin.  But if he was annoyed with the sox he would call them bums.  I used that term when I was at fenway and some young guy didn't like it.

We all cheer for the guys but some can do it while being critical while others can't.  I don't see any problem with calling a spade a spade.

QUOTE]

Thanks guys, everyone knows I have supported our team through good and bad for 40 plus years.  When someone isn't pulling their weight or the team has crucial issues to address there is nothing wrong with expressing it here otherwise this would just be a sugar coated "boring" forum.  I may throw too much criticism around at times but it's just an honest opinion/observation of what we are all witnessing.  I would love to see all our kids make it but at some point if one trial may not be working it never hurts to change things up or make necessary moves to improve our chances. 

Grady in LF, JBJ in CF and Shane in RF is the right choice defensively even if BJ isn't hitting just yet but I still have my doubts about 3B and SS. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

QUOTE]

Thanks guys, everyone knows I have supported our team through good and bad for 40 plus years.  When someone isn't pulling their weight or the team has crucial issues to address there is nothing wrong with expressing it here otherwise this would just be a sugar coated "boring" forum.  I may throw too much criticism around at times but it's just an honest opinion/observation of what we are all witnessing.  I would love to see all our kids make it but at some point if one trial may not be working it never hurts to change things up or make necessary moves to improve our chances. 

Grady in LF, JBJ in CF and Shane in RF is the right choice defensively even if BJ isn't hitting just yet but I still have my doubts about 3B and SS. 

[/QUOTE]

Holy White Space, Batman!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I have supported the Sox for 45 years.  It doesn't mean I have to be glued to the game until they begin to play better.  There are other things in my life besides baseball and I'm entitled to talk about the issues we have so no guilt here buddy.  Sorry it offends fans like you, some people just can't take criticism or reality which is their preference.

QUOTE:

QUOTE: 

QUOTE]

Thanks guys, everyone knows I have supported our team through good and bad for 40 plus years.  When someone isn't pulling their weight or the team has crucial issues to address there is nothing wrong with expressing it here otherwise this would just be a sugar coated "boring" forum.  I may throw too much criticism around at times but it's just an honest opinion/observation of what we are all witnessing.  I would love to see all our kids make it but at some point if one trial may not be working it never hurts to change things up or make necessary moves to improve our chances.  Grady in LF, JBJ in CF and Shane in RF is the right choice defensively even if BJ isn't hitting just yet but I still have my doubts about 3B and SS.  

[/QUOTE]

Holy White Space, Batman!

[/QUOTE]

For sure, I have never seen the script on this forum so bad what the heck is going on?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Gotta admit to being a little baffled by the OP. I can get the frustration of watching a team that has been kind of listless at times, but throwing in the towel with words like "enough" surprises me. 

The subject header itself using the phrase long term which implies a long term view. In the long term, wouldn't three rings in a decade (most in MLB) be taken into account? 

I've had my beefs with this front office and to be honest I'm concerned that they may think last year's championship team represents some kind of model whereas I see it more like lightning in a bottle. But still, three different championships, with teams assembled in somewhat different ways.

It doesn't change my frustration with some of the things i'm seeing on the field but the phrase "enough!" has never crossed my mind. Feels like the post could have been written by a Pittsburgh Pirates or Royals fan who has tasted defeat year after year. 

Personally, I'll be more upset if they don't make Lester a much fairer offer. I don't care if he walks for huge huge money but their lowball offer to Lester ticked me off way more than anything I've seen on the field of play.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I have supported the Sox for 45 years.  It doesn't mean I have to be glued to the game until they begin to play better.  There are other things in my life besides baseball and I'm entitled to talk about the issues we have so no guilt here buddy.  Sorry it offends fans like you, some people just can't take criticism or reality which is their preference.

QUOTE:

QUOTE: 

QUOTE]

Thanks guys, everyone knows I have supported our team through good and bad for 40 plus years.  When someone isn't pulling their weight or the team has crucial issues to address there is nothing wrong with expressing it here otherwise this would just be a sugar coated "boring" forum.  I may throw too much criticism around at times but it's just an honest opinion/observation of what we are all witnessing.  I would love to see all our kids make it but at some point if one trial may not be working it never hurts to change things up or make necessary moves to improve our chances.  Grady in LF, JBJ in CF and Shane in RF is the right choice defensively even if BJ isn't hitting just yet but I still have my doubts about 3B and SS.  

A number of years ago we could all gripe and complain to our hearts content LOL!  Then this place became very PC.  If you said something negative about the players some posters would be all over you.

This place seems to be getting better so hopefuly we can be honestly express our opinions about the team without getting attacked.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The latest positional team WAR ranking & numbers:

7th DH  +0.3

8th 1B +1.0

9th 2B +0.8

15th C +0.8

16th SS +0.5

23rd RF -0.3

23rd LF -0.3

27th 3B -0.5

30th CF -0.2

Sox4ever

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Staring pitchers: 3rd +3.8 WAR (Behind only Detroit and Cleveland)

Relief Pitching: 1st +2.3 (0.5 ahead of the next best team ATL)

Overall Pitching: 1st +6.1 (Detroit is 2nd at +5.7)

Sox4ever

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Individual Starting Pitcher Rankings:

1) Lester  +1.9

26) Lackey +1.0

60) Buch  +0.5

92) Peavy +0.2

94) Doubront +0.2

(Out of 122 pitchers with 30+ IP so far.)

How about ERA-

16) Lester 62

30) Peavy 74

53) Lackey 89

92) Doub 122

118) Buch 154 (only 4 are worse)

WHIP

26) Lester 1.09

54) Lackey 1.24

82) Peavy 1.35

109) Doub 1.56

120) Buch  1.73 (only 2 out of 122 are worse)

Sox4ever

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The latest positional team WAR ranking & numbers:

7th DH  +0.3

8th 1B +1.0

9th 2B +0.8

15th C +0.8

16th SS +0.5

23rd RF -0.3

23rd LF -0.3

27th 3B -0.5

30th CF -0.2

Sox4ever

[/QUOTE]

Telling that our worst WAR position is 3B ranking 27th.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Staring pitchers: 3rd +3.8 WAR (Behind only Detroit and Cleveland)

Relief Pitching: 1st +2.3 (0.5 ahead of the next best team ATL)

Overall Pitching: 1st +6.1 (Detroit is 2nd at +5.7)

Sox4ever

Our pitching will probably be more consistent than our lineup all season, with that said we could use improvement there as well so we are what we are for now.  Either the lineup starts to click in the next month or we should start giving other kids a chance if the FO is still reluctant to make a big trade.  Hate to be redundant but I like the Yankees and Orioles lineup and overall defense more for good reason which in no way should be mistaken as me not being a die hard Sox fan it's just reality.  I can almost guarantee 19th in the league defensively with our current offensive struggles won't get us a playoff spot if it continues.