Enough is enough...Remy has got to go

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddimaria. Show ddimaria's posts

Re: Enough is enough...Remy has got to go

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why? Because his KID committed an atrocity? Why should Jerry pay for the bad behavior of ANYONE else? No, he was not the best parent around. So what. Last I checked thats not a crime.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

[/QUOTE]

It's not all that cut and dry. It's not like he's Joe Shmo working at Walmart. He's a public figure. Who's son got a slap on the wrist time and time again because of who he was.

Having been around this forum long enough to see where everyone stands politically, ooops politics being brought into the subject....but it's a perfect comparison.

If a Presidents child was caught committing a heinous crime, would you still want that President in office....or would you all be calling for his resignation?  No one needs to answer this, since I know the answer already. 

Oh and J-Bay, I'll continue to bring this up from time to time. It's not like others don't go on and on ad nauseum about certain subjects. I felt it was a renewable subject since Remy's kid was once again making headlines with his letters to the Herald today.

[/QUOTE]

Good comparison; I would still want that President in office assuming he was doing a good job.  The actions of his son would not make me want to change Presidents or Broadcasters.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

I just have always thought that he was a lousy announcer, who added little to the game, and was more interested in self promotion a la all the Rem Dawg nonsense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I want Bill and 67 gone..........

[/QUOTE]

and they can be, all you have to do is use the ignore button.  On the nights I don't feel like listening to Remy, I either mute the tv or turn on weei.  It is that easy.  Whether or not Remy steps down, I have a choice to listen or use the radio.  It is that simple.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to steven11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

and they can be, all you have to do is use the ignore button.  On the nights I don't feel like listening to Remy, I either mute the tv or turn on weei.  It is that easy.  Whether or not Remy steps down, I have a choice to listen or use the radio.  It is that simple.

[/QUOTE]

LOL, it really is as simple as that!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]67,  DAD & BILL-806 has your back !!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I don't see where he's any different now than any other time, but I still don't think he's all that great.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

He may need the gig to keep his sanity.  Can't imagine how his wife and the family of the young lady deal with it.. As much asthe Remy family enabled their son, they may have been terrified of him, as he exhibits incredible anger and apparrently no remorse. What do you do when the monster is you monster and you have no ability intellectually or emotionally to deal with him?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 67redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]67,  DAD & BILL-806 has your back !!!

[/QUOTE]

Ditto bill!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RigatoniT. Show RigatoniT's posts

There is no God.... get used to it 67redsox 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from phenix26. Show phenix26's posts

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jerry Remy has got to go.

I wish one of the news outlets would do a comparison of what NESN's ratings have been compared to past years. The ratings have got to be sliding....and not due to the Sox slide.

[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from phenix26. Show phenix26's posts

Why does Remy have to go?  He didn't commit the crime...

Would you kick you son while he's down?

The judge is the one to blame; he's the one who made the mistake

of letting Jared get away with it time after time.  The judge is the enabler,

not Remy.  And if Remy was not paying for his defense, the State of

Mass. would be paying for it through the tax payers.  Is that what you'd

like to see?

Phenix 26

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Ahhhh.  If only that were true, and I LIKE Jerry and Don

I've found that there's about a five second delay between the radio and NESN. so if I listen to Stiggy and watch the game at the same time I know what's going to happen before I see it.  That's kind of 'not the answer' when I'm settling in to watch a game.  But if I have something else to do elsewhere in the house I can listen to the game on the radio and then rush to the TV when something good happens.  It's the best of both worlds!!

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to norm9340's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So for all of you folks that want Remy gone.... If your child commits a major crime... you should lose your job????

[/QUOTE]

yes.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Weren't they telling us the white space issue was fixed?

...yeah, that's really all I have to say after reading this thread.

[/QUOTE]

it's Jay-bay.  his responses always bring the white noise back.  no offense intended jay-bay...just an observation.  your computer makes this site crazy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]

Exactly 67 ......  As bad as this mess is, it really is up to NESN & JERRY...... I would prefer that after all of the bad things that "our government" has done the last 6 years I would rather see a accountability of that area.....  Jerry's son will get his as he goes thru the system !!

[/QUOTE]

why is bill not banned?  he is continually bringing politics into threads.  why are the mods allowing this?  mod1 and mod2?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Exactly 67 ......  As bad as this mess is, it really is up to NESN & JERRY...... I would prefer that after all of the bad things that "our government" has done the last 6 years I would rather see a accountability of that area.....  Jerry's son will get his as he goes thru the system !!

[/QUOTE]

why is bill not banned?  he is continually bringing politics into threads.  why are the mods allowing this?  mod1 and mod2?

[/QUOTE]

It's pretty obvious that I'm as frustrated as anyone here is with the political posts.  However, 

Bill's post was put up two days ago.  

This morning (4/29) at 9:53 Bill said in response to a lengthy discussion on that topic on the Mod's thread,

"/QUOTE]OK OK OK..... Lets hit the "RESET BUTTON" & see where it goes......"

If it improves then those of us who have been critical of Bill's political postings have made our point and got the desired result.  

If it doesn't improve the mods will then have every right to "do what they have to do" because it will be obvious that he has no intent to do anything different than what he's been doing.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Nothing I can do about it, slash, nor am I the only one.  Even if I don't "reply to". the white noise is loud and clear from my home computer. I can stop posting, if that's the general consensus

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nothing I can do about it, slash, nor am I the only one.  Even if I don't "reply to". the white noise is loud and clear from my home computer. I can stop posting, if that's the general consensus

[/QUOTE]
    Let's not do anything hasty, here JB!  :-)
    What's unique about your computer?  Are you using a different browser than everyone else? (Mine is Chrome)

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

S5, Chrome. Not suppose to be on at work, but here I am. I have my priorities!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Enough is enough............ This thread has got to go.   Remy stays.  One more thing, look at the various threads on this forum. Political statements are everywhere. This is a Red Sox forum, but political issues will come up. Just as they do in normal conversation. Many people like to state their views.  Please don't single out Bill 806 .  There are quite a few posters who do it much more often than  Bill 806. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

no J-Bay.  that's not what i meant.  and i know you are not doing it on purpose.  i am pretty good at scrolling thru the white noise.  i for one enjoy your posts regardless of the white noise.