Enough of this lunacy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

Enough of this lunacy

Call up a pitcher from Pawtucket or better still, maybe Portand since no team will even have a scouting report on him and he might baffle the hell out of the hitters. 

If Wakefield has an ounce of decency in him, he'll admit to Francona he can't do it anymore.  Lobbing a 78 mph pitch over the plate that barely resembles a knuckler is not fair to the fans who shell out their hard earned money to see a game at Fenway.  Nor is it fair to his teammates who have to step in the box in an effort to rack up enough runs to bail him out agan.  He is embarrassing himself by going out there game after game and having his head handed to him by teams that little in the way of lumber.  If he has children they must be so ashamed that he has refused bow out gracefuly and leave with at least a semblance of pride. 

Tim has been paid handsomely over the years but he's done now and it's time to let a kid from the farm system have a chance to see what he can do. 

Too many baseball players never grow up.  They're like the frat boys in college who can't wait for the 10 year reunion to continue with the male bonding thing that for the life of me I don't understand.  Wakefield strikes me as one of them.  He probably never had a real job in his entire life.  He likely knows nothing except baseball and as a result he can't muster the courage to leave it all behind and try something else.   I have lost nearly all respect for him and time is running out. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Re: Enough of this lunacy

In Response to Enough of this lunacy:
    [QUOTE]Call up a pitcher from Pawtucket or better still, maybe Portand since no team will even have a scouting report on him and he might baffle the hell out of the hitters.  If Wakefield has an ounce of decency in him, he'll admit to Francona he can't do it anymore.  Lobbing a 78 mph pitch over the plate that barely resembles a knuckler is not fair to the fans who shell out their hard earned money to see a game at Fenway.  Nor is it fair to his teammates who have to step in the box in an effort to rack up enough runs to bail him out agan.  He is embarrassing himself by going out there game after game and having his head handed to him by teams that little in the way of lumber.  If he has children they must be so ashamed that he has refused bow out gracefuly and leave with at least a semblance of pride.  Tim has been paid handsomely over the years but he's done now and it's time to let a kid from the farm system have a chance to see what he can do.  Too many baseball players never grow up.  They're like the frat boys in college who can't wait for the 10 year reunion to continue with the male bonding thing that for the life of me I don't understand.  Wakefield strikes me as one of them.  He probably never had a real job in his entire life.  He likely knows nothing except baseball and as a result he can't muster the courage to leave it all behind and try something else.   I have lost nearly all respect for him and time is running out. 
    Posted by fenwayjack2[/QUOTE]

Is this about Wake? Or are you talking to UR mirror?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

we win 6 of 8 on the road and all u do is whine about wake...he should already have 200 if it werent for lack of offense his last few starts..I think hes talking to a mirroe harness...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

Wakefield has stated, that if the Sox release him, he will just be picked up by another team. He will leave baseball kicking and screaming, unlike the class say of a Mike Lowell.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

In Response to Re: Enough of this lunacy:
    [QUOTE]  Wakefield has stated, that if the Sox release him, he will just be picked up by another team. He will leave baseball kicking and screaming, unlike the class say of a Mike Lowell.
    Posted by attic-dan[/QUOTE]Mike Lowell retired because he was afraid of being a cripple if he kept playing because of his hip. His body set his retirement date.

Just setting the record straight on this because if Mike Lowell thought he could still play the game every day without risking permanent debilitating injury to his hip he would have and said as much. Heck last year he was in enough denial about how much his injuries had degraded his game he was open about his desire for the RS to trade him, even though he a $12M contract that made him untradable. Not exactly 100% self aware.

Classy guy but your example IMO is in very poor context.

As for the OP, wow! Don't let facts get in the way of a temper tantrum after a loss. 50% of Wakefield's starts are going to be bad. That is the way it works when you get to the bottom of the rotation when 2 of the opening starters are lost for the year.

But that is another story and is Buchholz or should I say Buckholz fault!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

[QUOTE]we win 6 of 8 on the road and all u do is whine about wake...he should already have 200 if it werent for lack of offense his last few starts..I think hes talking to a mirroe harness...
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

Sox are tied in the loss column with NY.  They cannot afford to throw games away.  Thank the lord Burnett had another meltdown tonight.   This is the drive for the division and every game now is like a playoff game.  It's time to put a a couple of games between the Sox and the Yankees.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

There certainly will likely be a close eye on both

You can't be serious, 5k? Why on earth is a close eye needed for Wakefield? That's like watching paint dry and expecting to see something different!

Pretty obvious that Wakefield is an embedded management circus act. Any other team who payed no attention to "record chase" would release this guy. Miller can blow up and still have enough potential to come up big against a strong lineup. And beyond Miller, these innings need to be invested in youth! Wakefield is a zero confidence profile who is being kept on for the wrong reasons. If putting up a 5 plus ERA and not being a functional pen option is worthy of a roster spot, a lot of single A veterans can come up and do it. With Wakefield, it's always one decent start or a speck of decent start and it becomes an excuse to ignore how bad his big sample numbers are. With a young pitcher, it's one good start and "he hasn't proven anything" and one bad start and "send Him back to AAA so Wakefield can still keep hunting quanity and low quality milestone". Enough with it, if Wakefield looks good (hope it rains) then trade him to the first sucker who offers a decent single A baby teeth prospect!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moremo. Show moremo's posts

[QUOTE]You can't be serious, why on earth[/QUOTE]

do you have 149 posts in 4 days?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Same reason you have more under your alter ego screename. Hello, Harnut.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Same reason you have more under your alter ego screename. Hello, Harnut.
    Posted by S0ftl@w[/QUOTE]

You are the human ego. I have never needed another identity. Nor have I ever used one. But I can see how one who does would become paranoid about it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

You use several screennames. Do you really think you aren't obvious?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

If I have ever used more than one here, may God strike us both down now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

God doesn't take orders.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I wasn't giving one. The operative word was "may".

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Tim has been paid handsomely over the years but he's done now and it's time to let a kid from the farm system have a chance to see what he can do. 

Wake's been making below market value for years, $4 million a year, now even less.

He's had several quality starts in his quest for number 200, where the team didn't score the runs for him.

He enjoys playing the game, and has always been known for being a class act. He's always done anything the team has asked him to do, filling every role a pitcher can.

He has a bad start and now he's a terrible person.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Good post.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Nagy regardless of that posters post your making a lame response. Wake is finished as an effective starter.

Perhaps you think their is a love story on 45 year old pitchers being effective and playing well into their 50's?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Wakefield will more likely get his 200 in the bullpen in long relief.   That is where he should go and should have been, his August swoon was  predictable.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from playball01. Show playball01's posts

[QUOTE]Nagy regardless of that posters post your making a lame response. Wake is finished as an effective starter. Perhaps you think their is a love story on 45 year old pitchers being effective and playing well into their 50's?
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

One bad performance and the pitcher may as well be castrated and sent out to pasture!! Don't you watch the games before posting nonsense? Please define the term "EFFECTIVE" as it relates to a 5th or 6th starter in the Major Leagues.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Wakefield had 3 good starts in a row from July 29 to August 8.  He's been written off as finished many times before and then come back with some good games.  No telling if that's going to happen again or even if he'll get the chance.   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Wakefield is ineffective as a starter, and has 2 year plus 5plus ERA to prove it.

Perhaps you think their is a love story on 45 year old pitchers being effective and playing well into their 50's?

Wakefield is in a booster seat. It's a total fiasco for PR record seeking purposes. Billy Crystal would be proud.

Sections
Shortcuts