Enough with Bobby Bashing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Enough with Bobby Bashing

I Like Bobby V, because I think he's actually trying to reach some guys and get the most he can out of the team.

Like the Middlebrooks thing.

"I was trying to be light at the time with the ‘Nice inning,’ then I went over to his locker and told him about my experience of making three errors, being booed off the field and cushions being thrown from the Dodger Stadium fandom and me dodging them as I got into the dugout. " -- BV

The guy who should be fired here is the snitch.  Maybe it's the guy who tried to cut Bobby off at the knees at the start of the year, Dustin the chirper.  Maybe not.  But if it is, he should be the first one out of here.

Blame who you want -- Lucchino, for sure.  Ownership -- hey John Henry, how's the head? Think you could show up every now and then?

The crew from last year -- Becks, Pedroia, etc.  I'll give this to Ortiz -- he showed up 20 pounds lighter and was the only one who looked like he wanted to win this year.

Yeah, Bobby's made some in-game mistakes, but he's got an impossible task.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

Re: Enough with Bobby Bashing

When BV was hired, I thought, "good, finally someone who has some stones and will instill some discipline where there wasn't any". But that hasn't happened, as a matter of fact, he's turned into a milquetoast by allowing himself to be "handled" by Cherington and LL/Henry/Warner (you pick).
    I've lost respect for the man.

Granted, he's done a great job managing the pen and working around all the injuires, but by not being himself, there is no way to command respect from the players or the staff.

I've said before, if a person can't be his own man, he needs to move on. Valentine has sacrificed his dignity and principles, IMO.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Apparently, this season failure is either Becketts or Valetine's fault. Both have been unmercifully crucified in the media and on the forum. This goes farther and deeper than a manager or a player, IMO. What was once a business model for other MLB franchises, seems to have lost their way. Ownership needs to take a good, long look at themselves and the organization as a whole, and ask themselves the hard questions. Were the changes that were made last season, the right ones and for the right reasons? The renovations have been completed and World Championships returned to Boston. At this point, are they still committed to the fans and more than making money??

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Enough with Bobby Bashing:
    When BV was hired, I thought, "good, finally someone who has some stones and will instill some discipline where there wasn't any". But that hasn't happened, as a matter of fact, he's turned into a milquetoast by allowing himself to be "handled" by Cherington and LL/Henry/Warner (you pick). I've lost respect for the man. Granted, he's done a great job managing the pen and working around all the injuires, but by not being himself, there is no way to command respect from the players or the staff. I've said before, if a person can't be his own man, he needs to move on. Valentine has sacrificed his dignity and principles, IMO.
    Posted by harv53

If he did, he'd already be gone, which BV figured out. There's always snitches, the problem is the FO needs to back the Mgr.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Enough with Bobby Bashing:
    Apparently, this season failure is either Becketts or Valetine's fault. Both have been unmercifully crucified in the media and on the forum. This goes farther and deeper than a manager or a player, IMO. What was once a business model for other MLB franchises, seems to have lost their way. Ownership needs to take a good, long, hard look at themselves and the organization as a whole and ask themselves the hard questions. Were the changes that were made last season, the right ones and for the right reasons? The renovations have been completed and World Championships returned to Boston. At this point, are they still committed to the fans and more than making money??
    Posted by J-BAY

The bad contracts became an albatross, which may have been a big factor in Henry losing interest. Lucchino seems to be in a murky role as well, and is likely another issue. The worst development is the FO culture where the MGR is not backed up.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

No, not enough. Fire him. It's time.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chiefret. Show chiefret's posts

Henry views the Sox as merely another revenue source. As long as Fenway is sold-out, TV and radio revenue keeeps increasing each yr, and merch sales are steady he's happy. Henry OK'd the Crawford and Lackey zombie contracts and signed-off on the Beckett extension. One thing sorely missing from the Sox FO is accountability and culpability. A fish rots from the head down! BV will be blamed for the 2012 debacle and shown-the-door.  

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

The so-called culture of entitlement, where everybody wants to blame someone else for their failure, goes all the way to the top.  If there's any competence at in the FO, the next one to go should be Lucchino.

BV may or may not be "right" for this team -- I don't know if any manager, short of Maddon or Leland, would be -- but it's plain to see that fixing it is way over Lucchino's head.

Let's see what happens to him in the offseasdon.  If nothing, then it's on Henry's head.

Lucky for these clowns the Sox aren't a public company, or they'd be fighting lawsuts 24/7.

Sections
Shortcuts