Enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enough dear God!!!! Is it just me or is this all of this NOT Major League Baseball? Oh yes, they "look" like Major league players, they run like Major league players, they wear eye black like Major league players, they even wear sweat bands like Major league players, BUT THEY ARE NOT! They can't pitch, they can't catch! When is the last time we saw a nice thro at a play at the plate? When is the last time we saw  last time we saw a hit and run, or a nice bunt? My God, we've sunk sooooooooooooooo low to accept Tim Wakefield, Darnell McDonald, "Salty", Josh Reddick, John Lackey, Carl Crawford and so on and so on... And through all of this Tito sits like a complete bozo chewing whatever he's chewing and NEVER shows ANY emotion whatsoever about anything!  To say that this team is sinking fast is an insult to sinking fast. They actually really, really are a bad baseball team! And yes, by the way I love the Red Sox, just not this version of the Red Sox! This collapse is should cost someone their job!!!!!! I think I'll breathe now!!! (Or throw up!) So go ahead and write all of your pink hat "Oh I'm so negative" comments! What is there to be positive about today. The last time I checked, THEIR DOWN 5-1 TO THE FREAKING ORIOLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Re: Enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, I agree with EVERY word you just wrote!!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Hey, here's an idea! Wouldn't it be nice if just one of our "Major League Pitchers" would at least give us a competitive chance to stay in the game????? I'd love to be more positive, HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Is it too late to get Billy Hall off of waivers?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

How about Rich Harden? Who is making these choices?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Casey Kelly anyone?

I am soo glad we didn't trade Michael Bowden to Miguel Montero; and that Ozzie Guillen was wrong!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

The problem is, they only have 2 major league pitchers in the starting rotation. 

I don't understand why Lackey doesn't draw more ire from the fans.  We expect Wake to be bad.  We expect minor leaguers to be bad.  But Lackey has been horrendous.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Heck, put Softlaw on the mound.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In Response to Re: Enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
    Casey Kelly anyone? I am soo glad we didn't trade Michael Bowden to Miguel Montero; and that Ozzie Guillen was wrong!!!!!
    Posted by andrewmitch

In what fantasy league would someone have traded Montero for Bowden? Certainly not the major league team owning the rights to Montero...at no time...even when Bowden was considered a half-decent prospect...now he is just another Brian Rose in the making.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

How about Rich Harden? Who is making these choices?
    Posted by jozee76

Harden? Really?

He has a 5.08 ERA in eight starts since the trade deadline and goes just over 5 innings. I think the Sox have enough starters with ERAs over 5.00

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

1-2 winters ago that deal was on the table

it may have included another Minor Leaguer from the Sox but Theo did not wish to part w/ Bowden

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

i wish i could be optimistic but theres nothing to be optimistic about, this team stinks and even if they make the playoffs they will be swept by detroit anyways

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

In Response to Re: Enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : Harden? Really? He has a 5.08 ERA in eight starts since the trade deadline and goes just over 5 innings. I think the Sox have enough starters with ERAs over 5.00
    Posted by royf19

Once again, up until today I'd agree. But I feel he'd give us a better opporunity than what we are getting right now! Maybe not!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: Enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : Once again, up until today I'd agree. But I feel he'd give us a better opporunity than what we are getting right now! Maybe not!
    Posted by jozee76

In all honesty, I think the Sox should have pulled the trigger on the trade. Even though he hasn't been that good, he'd be a better option IMO than Weiland or Miller and at this point, Wake.

But there have been posters who rip Theo for not making the trade and make it sound like they missed out on Cliff Lee.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

I don't "blame" Theo for much right now. I'm not thrilled with Theo right now, but cetainly I cannot blame him. I cheered when he/they signed Crawford, and yes I cheered when he/they signed Lackey. Who know both would be busts! I still hold out some hope. But what hurts when they make gastly mistakes like these two, and J.D. Drew, Lugo, and so forth, it handcuffs them greatly at a trade deadline time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

When will SOMEONE, ANYONE come up big for this team??????? Oh yeah, fire Tito now!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

When will SOMEONE, ANYONE come up big for this team??????? Oh yeah, fire Tito now!  Part II

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjkoko. Show jjkoko's posts

Is it possible to just forfeit the remaining games? Right now this is worse than the Eddie Kasko era.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

The Dbacks turned down the Bowden for Montero trade if I remember correctly. We approached them trying to get Montero.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxNation4Ever. Show RedSoxNation4Ever's posts

Still two in front of Rays.  Beckett tomorrow.  When playoffs start, among most likely AL Teams, no team has a better one two than Beckett and Lester.  
       On the other hand still don't understand teh lackey signing.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

FORGET THE SEASON....IT'S OVERWITH. THE ONLY GOOD THING
    THAT CAN COME OUT OF THIS IS IF THEO AND FRANCONA ARE
    RELEASED. THEN WE CAN GET A MANAGER WHO CAN KICK SOME
    BUTTS AND A GM WHO HAS A CLUE. WHY WAS WAKEFIELD EVEN
    ON THE ROSTER THIS YEAR. DO YOU MEAN TO SAY THE SOX
    ORGANIZATION WAS SO BEREFT OF TALENT THAT THEY HAD TO
    PIN THEIR HOPES ON A 44 YEAR OLD MAN FOR A WHOLE YEAR.??
    BY THE WAY....YOUKILIS IS THROUGH, AND THE SOONER WE
    LET AVILES OR MIDDLEBROOKS TAKE HIS PLACE, THE BETTER.
    SCUTARO HAS BEEN A MILD SURPRISE....HE IS A GAMER, BUT
    HIS DEFENSE IS SORELY LACKING. TOO BAD WE HAVE NO ONE TO
    REPLACE HIM....I DON'T THINK MANAGEMENT TRUSTS IGLESIAS.
    CRAWFORD IS GODAWFUL..A DISASTER OF A SIGNING. HIS
    BATTING STANCE IS WEIRD AND HIS BODY IS BEATEN UP BY
    PLAYING ON TURF FOR 6 YEARS OR SO. LACKEY HAS A RAG ARM
    AND WE WASTED NEARLY 200 MILLION ON THESE TWO BUMS.
    THEO HAS TO ANSWER FOR THAT HE SHOULD PAY WITH HIS
    JOB, AS SHOULD FRANCONA...WHO CAN'T SHINE SCIOSCIA'S
    SHOES IN THE MANAGERIAL DEPT.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Wakefield has been sensational.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Still two in front of Rays.  Beckett tomorrow.  When playoffs start, among most likely AL Teams, no team has a better one two than Beckett and Lester.      On the other hand still don't understand teh lackey signing.
    Posted by RedSoxNation4Ever

According to one measure, Josh Beckett and Jon Lester rank No. 12 and No. 14 among American League starters while Justin Verlander and Doug Fister rank No. 2 and No. 9, C.J. Wilson, Matt Harrison, Derek Holland, Alexi Ogando and Colby Lewis No. 6, No. 13, No. 17, No. 19 and No. 39, and CC Sabathia and A.J. Burnett No. 1 and No. 36:

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=all&stats=sta&lg=al&qual=y&type=8&season=2011&month=0&season1=2011&ind=0

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

In Response to Re: Enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : According to one measure, Josh Beckett and Jon Lester rank No. 12 and No. 14 among American League starters while Justin Verlander and Doug Fister rank No. 2 and No. 9, C.J. Wilson, Matt Harrison, Derek Holland, Alexi Ogando and Colby Lewis No. 6, No. 13, No. 17, No. 19 and No. 39, and CC Sabathia and A.J. Burnett No. 1 and No. 36: http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=all&stats=sta&lg=al&qual=y&type=8&season=2011&month=0&season1=2011&ind=0
    Posted by hill55

LOL.  Burnett probably will be excluded from the post-season roster.  The rookie with the 16-4 record, who spent more than a month in AAA, will pitch game two for the Yankees in the playoffs.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Re: Enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : LOL.  Burnett probably will be excluded from the post-season roster.  The rookie with the 16-4 record, who spent more than a month in AAA, will pitch game two for the Yankees in the playoffs.
    Posted by Pass-the-hubris-please

I agree that Ivan Nova will likely pitch Game 2 for the Yankees ... I'm not sure why the FanGraphs WAR does not list Nova among the "qualified starters." Nova would ranked No. 23 in the cumulative WAR stat despite starting the season in the minors.

Sections
Shortcuts