Envelope Gate - More whack from Valentine

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Envelope Gate - More whack from Valentine

"I left him (John Farrell) three envelopes that are in the office. The first one quickly says, '€˜If things go wrong in the beginning, just blame everything on me.'€™ The second one, 'if things are still going bad in July or towards the end of the season, open this envelope.' When you open that one, it says, '€˜Hey blame it on the system that we don'™t have enough players, and if you get more players you’ll be able to win.' The third one says, in about a year and a half, if you'€™re still stinking the way I did, open this envelope. There it says, '˜It'™s time to make out three envelopes."  Bobby Valentine

"I haven't (found the envelopes),"  (John) Farrell said, "and honestly, I did look."

Farrell still looking for Bobby's envelopes

Wow, all I can say is wow. Valentine has really gone into the deep-end. I don't believe what I am about to say but for the conspiracy theory nutters maybe Lucky Luccino told Valentine we will be sure to pay that second year if you just go all "whack" after we fire you; make the media and fans believe you are the sole reason for the 2012 demise.

Doubt it though.... it just becomes more clear BV has a real "Captain Queeg complex".

Again it was because of this "Queeg's Complex" that showed just how messed up the whole team body was but whatever.... Valentine is just simply out there.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Envelope Gate - More whack from Valentine

http://youtu.be/ZIUZbA1bxnE

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I can't believe that the FO didn't know that Valentine was a little out there. With the comments he has made, and still makes it's kinda obvious. I would assume that the interview process would have made it clear. For whatever reason, they didn't care, and decided to go with him anyway. But there's no way you wouldn't be able to tell there was something wrong just talking to him. No way.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

He's a nutjob to be sure. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I cant believe that anyone ever thought he would be a good manager.

The guy is  insane.  I said it during Spring Training and just about everyone jumped down my throat.  You just have to watch him talk for 5 minutes to know he isn't well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Some pResident did this. It was a joke and a history reference over everyones head.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I am really surprised like kimsaysthis that the FO would not pick up on that during their interviews.

Sections
Shortcuts