Erik Bedard to start Tuesday night

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

Erik Bedard to start Tuesday night

Boston Herald:

After throwing a 35-pitch bullpen session yesterday, lefty Erik Bedard has been scheduled to start Tuesday night against the Baltimore Orioles.

Here, then, is the rotation for the next few days:

Monday (Game 1) vs. Orioles: Kyle Weiland
    Monday (Game 2) vs. Orioles: John Lackey
    Tuesday vs. Orioles: Erik Bedard
    Wednesday vs. Orioles: Josh Beckett

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mr.Bump. Show Mr.Bump's posts

Re: Erik Bedard to start Tuesday night

good news

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Good news, things will line up ok for the playoffs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Now that is the best news in weeks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Caution and coasting has been replaced by urgency, which is how all games are supposed to be played prior to clinching division or WC and out of division.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Good news Tuesday night, but let's hope we aren't coming off a DH sweep on Monday.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

That's awesome news. Like we couldn't use any. I hope he comes back and does fantastic. It would be pretty cool to see a guy who no one thought would do well, do just that. Things are looking up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from crmn19. Show crmn19's posts

Yeah Koufax couldn't clear waivers.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Erik Bedard to start Tuesday night:
    [QUOTE]That's awesome news. Like we couldn't use any. I hope he comes back and does fantastic. It would be pretty cool to see a guy who no one thought would do well, do just that. Things are looking up.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Correction. I liked the deal. Many here did. I think he'll serve Boston well.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I like blanket statements like that, as most here we happy to aquire Bedard; yet here we have a poster claim "no one" wanted him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from crmn19. Show crmn19's posts

[QUOTE]I like blanket statements like that, as most here we happy to aquire Bedard; yet here we have a poster claim "no one" wanted him.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Actually, I have no problem with him and am glad he is able to contribute.  However, the team generally appears to have tanked or forgotten how to play    (and let's try Connor Jackson in Center Field to see what he can botch there).  Can't blame Manny for this one (although I'm sure they were distracted by he recent arrest).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

My prediction on Bedards start Tuesday:

5 innings pitched 0 runs and is pulled in a 1-0 game after striking out the side to end the 5th inning.

Sox pen gives up 2 runs and the Sox lose 1-2.

Tito is quoted after the game "We didn't want to push him so when he reached 90 pitches it was time, we need our guys rested for the show."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]That's awesome news. Like we couldn't use any. I hope he comes back and does fantastic. It would be pretty cool to see a guy who no one thought would do well, do just that. Things are looking up.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

I thought he would do well.  He has always been a really good pitcher.

On a negative note weiland and Lackey today?  ugh.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diamondtalk. Show Diamondtalk's posts

Let's see how Bedard's knee holds up.     It was a concern when the deal was done and re-appeared since.      If he goes down again he's done for the year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

If you ask me, if Bedard is ready to pitch tomorrow, he should be pitching today instead of the minor leaguer Weiland.

Time for Francona and the Sox to play these games with a little more sense of urgency.

Other comments:
    • Stop pitching Wakefield!
    • Play Crawford EVERYDAY
    One last thing...Where in the world is Adrian Gonzalez?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Erik Bedard to start Tuesday night : Correction. I liked the deal. Many here did. I think he'll serve Boston well.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

I was actually referring to the fact that he's had injuries in the past, and people were questioning whether or not he would hold up. Maybe I was wrong about that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]I like blanket statements like that, as most here we happy to aquire Bedard; yet here we have a poster claim "no one" wanted him.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Again, I was talking about his injuries in the past. And I'm not a fan of blanket statements (that might be my first one). It just seemed to me that everyone was worried about his health, and whether or not he could pitch well for us.

Btw, "a poster"? lol 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Erik Bedard to start Tuesday night : I thought he would do well.  He has always been a really good pitcher. On a negative note weiland and Lackey today?  ugh.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the confusion. If you read my other posts, I should have made it clear I was talking about his injuries in the past.

Sections
Shortcuts