Erin Andrews

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Erin Andrews

I don't know Minahane and I think most of those bombastic talkshow guys are out there to simply cause drama and try to get ratings with outrageous assertions/opinions. It's part of the business. With that said, I agree 100 percent with that Minahane because I think Erin Andrews is among the all-time airheads in broadcasting. Her trying to make Koji's kid a big deal in postgame interviews was juvenile, her comments in general and questions to players are juvenile, and she is as bad as they get for Network broadcasting. I feel sorry for her because she probably thinks she is doing a good job and for the most part she's simply a bad fluff reporter with no clue. The B's girl is outstanding, very bright and knows what she is doing--Erdahl, but Andrews is the perfect example of a hot bod who is in the wrong field of business. This is not sexist, this is fact.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: Erin Andrews

In response to dannycater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't know Minahane and I think most of those bombastic talkshow guys are out there to simply cause drama and try to get ratings with outrageous assertions/opinions. It's part of the business. With that said, I agree 100 percent with that Minahane because I think Erin Andrews is among the all-time airheads in broadcasting. Her trying to make Koji's kid a big deal in postgame interviews was juvenile, her comments in general and questions to players are juvenile, and she is as bad as they get for Network broadcasting. I feel sorry for her because she probably thinks she is doing a good job and for the most part she's simply a bad fluff reporter with no clue. The B's girl is outstanding, very bright and knows what she is doing--Erdahl, but Andrews is the perfect example of a hot bod who is in the wrong field of business. This is not sexist, this is fact.

[/QUOTE]

I'm no fan of Erin Andrews, but calling her a "gutless b*tch" and telling her to "drop dead" is about as far from professional as one can get.

Minehane saw that Fegler was making a living by being a complete richard, without having to put much thought into it and decided to go the same route.

With any luck the entire morning show gets it's plug pulled.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm no fan of Erin Andrews, but calling her a "gutless b*tch" and telling her to "drop dead" is about as far from professional as one can get.

Minehane saw that Fegler was making a living by being a complete richard, without having to put much thought into it and decided to go the same route.

With any luck the entire morning show gets it's plug pulled.

[/QUOTE]

+1

completely classless.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

She has a very good resume, has the college education, and the work background.  And has been in this field her entire life.  Sooooo maybe that's why she has the job!?!, this is fact.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

The fact that Minahane and the others can talk down to someone like that is beyond ironic. 

All they're good at is talking louder than the next guy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

LOL at anyone who "cares" about sports media. might as well get upset at the "outrageous things" being said at a professional wrestling event.

if it's funny, fair enough. if it isn't, it just plain doesn't exist. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

On the comments about her being gutless and calling her names, I thought he was a complete idiot on that. I was referring solely to Erin's competency as a reporter, and despite her "resume," the fact remains she is where she is due to her looks and not her ability to be an informed reporter. There are many, many great female reporters and she's not one of them. Andrea Kramer is outstanding just as an example.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

this site has fallen so far

a f'n thread about Erin Andrews ?

and not 1 hot pic

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Hes an airhead too, and would take her job in a New Haven minute. Little amateur jealousy there.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

Again, Minahane is a jerk, but the part about calling out Andrews ability as a reporter was the truth. There are many other qualified women who would love to have Andrews job and should have that opportunity. She blew hers more than a few times.

[/QUOTE]

No one would've batted an eye, if Minehane has simply said she's a lousy reporter.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Riga, those days are over. You can't call anyone anything or make any reference to the following: gender, sexual preference, religion, race. Ask Tony Dungy. Ask Bob Ryan and his famous nappy-haired line that got him suspended from the Globe. Ask Jonah Hill. The opening night of Political Correctness in our country occured the day Al Campanis was interviewed on Nightline with Ted Koppel. That was its origin. That was the night that someone said something stupid on TV and then lost his job for it. From that point forward, it got progressively worse to the point that now you say anything remotely close to being offensive, you are Public Enemy No. 1 on Twitter.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]

Riga, those days are over. You can't call anyone anything or make any reference to the following: gender, sexual preference, religion, race. Ask Tony Dungy. Ask Bob Ryan and his famous nappy-haired line that got him suspended from the Globe. Ask Jonah Hill. The opening night of Political Correctness in our country occured the day Al Campanis was interviewed on Nightline with Ted Koppel. That was its origin. That was the night that someone said something stupid on TV and then lost his job for it. From that point forward, it got progressively worse to the point that now you say anything remotely close to being offensive, you are Public Enemy No. 1 on Twitter.

[/QUOTE]

was it Jimmy the Greek who pontificated over the thighbones of blacks and the breeding habits of slaveowners? lol  im not sure those were better days than todays PC madness

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

It was geo, and The Greek lost his job too. In both cases, Greek and Campanis had been drinking and in Greek's case, they filmed him at a restaurant and it was not a formal interview. However, and I know I'll get skewered for saying this--what Greek said was actually happening back then...slaves were breeding a certain type of slave for the outdoor work. He said it and got canned for it. The stuff about the achilles and other differences in black athletes are actually facts. Fastest sprinters-black. Fastest endurance runners-black. That's not stereotyping. The NBA is 80 percent black for a reason. The NFL's best defensive backs are primarily black. It's not rocket science.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Just talking about it will cause several posters to cry racist..You are not allowed to talk about anything. It's today's world.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I know a women's college basketball coach who only recruits black female athletes. He said, "Faster, quicker, stronger." That's what he said. Is he racist for saying it? Or practical because it helps him win.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

always good to see her whatever the occassion

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

LOL, mitch...true.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]

It was geo, and The Greek lost his job too. In both cases, Greek and Campanis had been drinking and in Greek's case, they filmed him at a restaurant and it was not a formal interview. However, and I know I'll get skewered for saying this--what Greek said was actually happening back then...slaves were breeding a certain type of slave for the outdoor work. He said it and got canned for it. The stuff about the achilles and other differences in black athletes are actually facts. Fastest sprinters-black. Fastest endurance runners-black. That's not stereotyping. The NBA is 80 percent black for a reason. The NFL's best defensive backs are primarily black. It's not rocket science.

[/QUOTE]

yes but to extrapolate that somehow those slave genes maintained themselves over ten generations later after slavery ended and is the reason for black athleticism is just not solid thinking....we are not all created equal on the playing fields thats for sure, but it surely involves more than just skin pigmentation

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Ergoetal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The fact that Minahane and the others can talk down to someone like that is beyond ironic. 

All they're good at is talking louder than the next guy.

[/QUOTE]AGREE....As much as I like  WEEI, some mornings they just go tooooo far !!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Erin Andrews is America' s sideline Princess. How dare he say that ? 

Stabbed by Foulke.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yes but to extrapolate that somehow those slave genes maintained themselves over ten generations later after slavery ended and is the reason for black athleticism is just not solid thinking....we are not all created equal on the playing fields thats for sure, but it surely involves more than just skin pigmentation

[/QUOTE]

Like I said, Greek lost his job over it, so it was pretty damaging stuff that he said. I think it was more how he said it, defiantly (drunk too). I think Campanis was far worse however...buoyancy line and necessities line. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Like I said, Greek lost his job over it, so it was pretty damaging stuff that he said. I think it was more how he said it, defiantly (drunk too). I think Campanis was far worse however...buoyancy line and necessities line. 

[/QUOTE]

If I recall properly, Greek was stating facts and Campanis was stating opinions......

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

You don't have to be politically correct to think Minahane is a mean jerk.. As far as Andrews, I know she is partly there for her looks just like all the blonds on your news channels.

Sections
Shortcuts