Erin Andrews

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Re: Erin Andrews

You don't have to be politically correct to think Minahane is a mean jerk.. As far as Andrews, I know she is partly there for her looks just like all the blonds on your news channels.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dannycater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

It was geo, and The Greek lost his job too. In both cases, Greek and Campanis had been drinking and in Greek's case, they filmed him at a restaurant and it was not a formal interview. However, and I know I'll get skewered for saying this--what Greek said was actually happening back then...slaves were breeding a certain type of slave for the outdoor work. He said it and got canned for it. The stuff about the achilles and other differences in black athletes are actually facts. Fastest sprinters-black. Fastest endurance runners-black. That's not stereotyping. The NBA is 80 percent black for a reason. The NFL's best defensive backs are primarily black. It's not rocket science.

[/QUOTE]

yes but to extrapolate that somehow those slave genes maintained themselves over ten generations later after slavery ended and is the reason for black athleticism is just not solid thinking....we are not all created equal on the playing fields thats for sure, but it surely involves more than just skin pigmentation

[/QUOTE]

Like I said, Greek lost his job over it, so it was pretty damaging stuff that he said. I think it was more how he said it, defiantly (drunk too). I think Campanis was far worse however...buoyancy line and necessities line. 

[/QUOTE]

If I recall properly, Greek was stating facts and Campanis was stating opinions......

[/QUOTE]

I felt Greek was stating facts, and I don't think he should have lost his job over it. 
    And that's why I insist that Political Correctness in this country started on Nightline.
    That's when the fear factor of saying the wrong things will cost you your job. You lose your ability to opine or say things publicly without fear of retribution. It's so bad now you can't sneeze without someone saying you were wrong for sneezing.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

It was geo, and The Greek lost his job too. In both cases, Greek and Campanis had been drinking and in Greek's case, they filmed him at a restaurant and it was not a formal interview. However, and I know I'll get skewered for saying this--what Greek said was actually happening back then...slaves were breeding a certain type of slave for the outdoor work. He said it and got canned for it. The stuff about the achilles and other differences in black athletes are actually facts. Fastest sprinters-black. Fastest endurance runners-black. That's not stereotyping. The NBA is 80 percent black for a reason. The NFL's best defensive backs are primarily black. It's not rocket science.

[/QUOTE]

yes but to extrapolate that somehow those slave genes maintained themselves over ten generations later after slavery ended and is the reason for black athleticism is just not solid thinking....we are not all created equal on the playing fields thats for sure, but it surely involves more than just skin pigmentation

[/QUOTE]

Like I said, Greek lost his job over it, so it was pretty damaging stuff that he said. I think it was more how he said it, defiantly (drunk too). I think Campanis was far worse however...buoyancy line and necessities line. 

[/QUOTE]

If I recall properly, Greek was stating facts and Campanis was stating opinions......

[/QUOTE]

I felt Greek was stating facts, and I don't think he should have lost his job over it. 
    And that's why I insist that Political Correctness in this country started on Nightline.
    That's when the fear factor of saying the wrong things will cost you your job. You lose your ability to opine or say things publicly without fear of retribution. It's so bad now you can't sneeze without someone saying you were wrong for sneezing.

[/QUOTE]

the Greeks analysis of black folks was certainly not right or enlightened...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

the Greeks analysis of black folks was certainly not right or enlightened...

[/QUOTE]

so Blacks weren't bread for size and strength in this county over a 200 year period? 

just because it was wrong doesn't mean it wasn't true.

i sure hope you aren't a history teacher. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

There are some whites who can run faster than some blacks. They are the exception. Overwhelmingly, blacks are faster than whites or Asians. That is a simple fact. There should be no problem in stating it. The reason for it can be debated, but the fact is that it is clearly true. To deny something that is patently obvious is to be in denial of reality.

Stabbed by Foulke.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

...I'm just not going to go there today.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

WEEI’s ‘Dennis and Callahan’ program will no longer air on NESN after contract expires

According to multiple industry sources, NESN informed WEEI and its parent company, Entercom, in recent days that the “Dennis and Callahan” simulcast will not continue after their contract ends in September.

Via @GlobeChadFinn NESN drops Dennis & Callahan show: http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2014/07/24/weei-dennis-and-callahan-program-will-longer-air-nesn-after-contract-expires/izfBlnjgQZcQMi7PFpirsK/story.html?p1=Article_Trending_Top …

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

WEEI’s ‘Dennis and Callahan’ program will no longer air on NESN after contract expires

According to multiple industry sources, NESN informed WEEI and its parent company, Entercom, in recent days that the “Dennis and Callahan” simulcast will not continue after their contract ends in September.

Via @GlobeChadFinn NESN drops Dennis & Callahan show: http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2014/07/24/weei-dennis-and-callahan-program-will-longer-air-nesn-after-contract-expires/izfBlnjgQZcQMi7PFpirsK/story.html?p1=Article_Trending_Top" rel="nofollow">http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2014/07/24/weei-dennis-and-callahan-program-will-longer-air-nesn-after-contract-expires/izfBlnjgQZcQMi7PFpirsK/story.html?p1=Article_Trending_Top" rel="nofollow">http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2014/07/24/weei-dennis-and-callahan-program-will-longer-air-nesn-after-contract-expires/izfBlnjgQZcQMi7PFpirsK/story.html?p1=Article_Trending_Top

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]   I think the Opie and Anthony show has an opening.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I don't like her, I've never liked her, and don't even think she's as good looking as most guys say--or as she thinks she is. She's a headstrong, annoying, fluff brain that needs to have her name dropped in probiotic commercials like she's some kind of actual celebrity, and I don't like them either now that you mentioned it. She's a lose, lose proposition all around, and her reporting after the WS last year was nearly inexcusable. I wish Fox would drop her, but now I see they've made her their top sideline reporter for the NFL. Joy. As if watching her during baseball season and on commercials isnt bad enough. Be gone curs-ed mountebank! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Again, Minahane is a jerk, but the part about calling out Andrews ability as a reporter was the truth. There are many other qualified women who would love to have Andrews job and should have that opportunity. She blew hers more than a few times.

[/QUOTE]

No one would've batted an eye, if Minehane has simply said she's a lousy reporter.

[/QUOTE]

THIS^

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Save us from headstrong

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Via @GlobeChadFinn NESN drops Dennis & Callahan show: http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2014/07/24/weei-dennis-and-callahan-program-will-longer-air-nesn-after-contract-expires/izfBlnjgQZcQMi7PFpirsK/story.html?p1=Article_Trending_Top" rel="nofollow">http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2014/07/24/weei-dennis-and-callahan-program-will-longer-air-nesn-after-contract-expires/izfBlnjgQZcQMi7PFpirsK/story.html?p1=Article_Trending_Top …

[/QUOTE]

Gee, and they're so telegenic.  And smart.  And interesting.  That's a surprise.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

This discussion is like a high level sociology, physiology seminar with really great information

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Another guy that lost his job was Ben Wright, who used to be on the golf team for CBS.  Old Ben used to cover the 16th hole at the Masters every year, he was one of the elite golf commentators.  But one day he did an interview when he was drunk and he said some things about women golfers that got him fired.  One of which was about women's breasts getting in the way when they swing.  Again, he was only stating a fact.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

How come John Daly's didn't get in his way

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to bosox1901x's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This thread about Erin Andrews was started by dannycater on 7-24-2014 and has 42 posts on it. Yesterday Guru_Meditation bumped up this same thread and it only had 2 posts on it.

How could that happen?

How does a non-Mod delete 40 posts in a thread before bumping it up?

Only mods are able to delete posts, right?

Do we conclude that Guru_Meditation is a mod?

The other threads that Guru_Meditation bumped up yesterday were also stripped clean like this one.

Google the origin of Guru Meditation and you might get an important clue to this puzzle. 

[/QUOTE]

The plot thickens!

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Erin Andrews is America' s sideline Princess. How dare he say that ? 

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

All I know is that I sold her High School yearbook on eBay (when she was a Junior), for 30 bucks. That was  about 2 years ago. SHUDDA WAITED! Two pictures of her, as I recall, at least one in her cheer leading outfit.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

All I know is, about 2 years ago I sold her High School Yearbook (her Junior Year), on eBay for $30. I SHUDDA WAITED! As I recall, it had two pictures of her, and at least one she was in her cheer leader uniform. Bottom line: She's come a long way since then.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

I'm astounded.  I agree with everything dannycater says.

It's sad that people now have to walk on eggshells for fear of offending some person or some group. 

'fluff reporter'..now that if funny!  Out of curiosity, is fluff reporter the same a fluffer reporter?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

This is an insane thread for the simple reason that very few reporters (in my opinion) ask questions or make observations that in any way interest me.  On top of which, their primary job is to interview players, who rarely have a lot of insight into what happened or, if they have great insight, don't want to talk about it objectively. 

I think the radio announcers--the good ones, anyway--are the only people worth listening to, and that's only because I'm in my car and can't see the game 

So in that context I am fine with whatever Erin Andrews wants to say or ask because my expectations for any field sports reporter are already very low. 

What astounds me is that dannycater wants to praise some jerk whose only mission in life--his livelihood, in fact--is to insult people.  As far as I am concerned, all those "shock jocks" are worthless and to be avoided.   

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is an insane thread for the simple reason that very few reporters (in my opinion) ask questions or make observations that in any way interest me.  On top of which, their primary job is to interview players, who rarely have a lot of insight into what happened or, if they have great insight, don't want to talk about it objectively. 

I think the radio announcers--the good ones, anyway--are the only people worth listening to, and that's only because I'm in my car and can't see the game 

So in that context I am fine with whatever Erin Andrews wants to say or ask because my expectations for any field sports reporter are already very low. 

What astounds me is that dannycater wants to praise some jerk whose only mission in life--his livelihood, in fact--is to insult people.  As far as I am concerned, all those "shock jocks" are worthless and to be avoided.   

[/QUOTE]

I want to be clear that I think Minahane is a jerk, and I think there a lot of his kind on the air that are mean-spirited in general. But you are reading this as my praising Minahane, and I'm purely stating that Erin Andrews has no business in this business based on what really comes off as juvenile reporting (I have a background in this profession, so I think I can make a statement like this..I know tons of female reporters who have never gotten shot, nor will based on not having Erin's hot looks, but beautiful INTELLIGENT women nonetheless). She took the No. 1 job in the NFL over a lady who had been doing it well for years. How is that right? It's not. She got promoted for doing a terrible job. That's America today too, in a nutshell. JBJr got demoted for doing a terrible job at the plate. How come Erin Andrews can't be treated the same.