ESPN Power Rankings Released

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Re: ESPN Power Rankings Released

Here's an excerp from a post I made in Moons Red Sox 2012 projections thread... 

In terms of the race for the East it's a three horse race. The Yankees are the favorites, though based on depth of the rotations of the three (Sox, Rays & Yanks) and the bullpens. I'd give a slight edge to the Rays.

The Wildcard this season, more so than in any recent times, is no longer the eminent domain of the ALE. The Rangers & Angels are both legit 95 wins teams and so too are the Tigers in the central. I wouldn't be surprised if Cleveland makes a strong run at them in the central and you can never dismiss the Twins.

On paper in terms of the quality if the teams overall rosters if remove the division restraints...heading into 2012 season I see the "power rankings" in this order...

The Contenders....
    1) Angels...Deep rotation, plus Puljos plus 40 games against Seattle & Oakland = 100 wins
    2) Rangers...pitching-offense-been there done that = 95 wins
    3) Rays.......Pitching-Pitching-Pitching = 93 plus wins
    3) Yankees..Offense-Bullpen-resources & CC = 93 plus wins
    3) Tigers.....Starting pitching-plus Fielder & Cabrera = 93 plus wins
    3) Red Sox...Offesne-pitching-plus Youk plus resources = 93 plus wins

The Spoilers....
    7) Cleveland..Deep pitching staff, good lineup = 90 wins 
    8) Toronto...don't sleep on these guys they'll be a tough out..85 wins
    9) Minnesota..M & M and petigree of orgnaization = 85 wins
    10) Kansas City Royals could this be the year that they finally turn the corner and give what is one of the best fan bases in the game a reason to go to the park on June 1st...80 plus wins and a tough out...

It's getting late early "Wait til next year"
    11) White Sox could prove to be the swing team trading away valuable assets to a contender.
    12) Baltimore...Showalter keeps them grinding all year...but they stll lack the horses to compete in the mightly ALE....
    13) Seattle...Felix and pray that it doesn't rain...
    14) Oakland...time to finally once and for all recognize that Billy Beane ain't all that. Come on man, was it the juice?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN Power Rankings Released:
    Red Sox offense lacks a superstar RH bat. That is the biggest offensive question that won't be answered without a trade. The shallow mind likes to look at year long aggregate numbers for offensive performance.  Red Sox defense lacks the fielding talent at SS and 3B to keep from extending innings and mileage on pitchers. Unless Iglesias replaces the dumpster profile, Aviles (not a SS), that is the biggest question on defense that will not be answered. The outfield is also lacking in preventing extra bases, due to weak arms. Overall, the Red Sox are a poor defensive team. Ellsbury is perceived as a great defensive OF'er, as few pay attention to his modus of playing the big hop in front or behind. Keeps his scorecard on errors clean, and makes the long run catches create a false image of a strong OF'er. In fact, he is a poor judge of where the ball will end up and makes routine plays appear to be outstanding catches. Red Sox pitching will come down to a full season of Beckett, Lester and Buch performing at a high level for around 200 innings. That is a big question for Beckett and Buch, who any smart GM would stay away from in any trade discussions. Anytime the Red Sox want to cut payroll and unload a prima donna contract, InEpstein is a good guy to call to unload poor endurance medical history profiles. In the end, the Red Sox are mediocre offensively and poor defensively. To be a contender, they will have to have full season high performances from Beckett, Lester and Buch. The rest of the profiles in the rotation and parked in a dumpster are either garbage or currently unable to pitch a lot of quality innings this season. Bard could be good as a starter, but will be unable to provide a full season of quality starter innings. Given my expertise, which is second to no one, the Red Sox season rests on Beckett, Lester and Buch. All three are capable of having high performance year long seasons, but it all must happen in the same season, 2012. We shall see. Offensively, this team will be more overrated than the 2011 offense. Defensively, Valentine will do well just to keep these guys from dogging it. Talent wise, this is a poor defensive team, to Valentine will need to demand hustle and full effort to compensate. We shall see.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr

1) Youk's not exactly chopped liver...posting career ops numbers north of 900....
    2) Avilies has better range and a stronger throwing arm than Scutaro, just not as sure handed. He'll make plays that Scutaro couldn't, but will also make plays that Scutaro wouldn't...Youk will be just fine 3B.

3) Let's see they have gold glover's at 1st, 2nd, LF and CF...I wouldn't say they're a poor fielding team. I do agree that having a kid like Inglesias at SS would make us better...a poor flieding team is one that lack range...clearly our team doesn't not with the speed we have in the OF...

4) So what you're saying in effect is that the Red Sox won't score enough, will give up too many unearned runs. Then stop the presses! I never would ahve thunk this...They need the top three in the rotation to give them QS and innings to be a contender...Given my expertise, I'd say that's true for every team...No?

5) Given your expertise I think we all would serve ourselves well by ignoring most if not all of your post...they're longwinded, self serving and in almost every instance you state the obvious and try to sell it like you're the only guy that knows the game...Come on man...

My advise to you is to get over yourself and try to offer something more than your continued assault on the front office and your views regarding the players themselves. New's flash...the best team on paper last year didn't win the World Series...I am sure that if you were a Cardinal's fan, which you may well be becasue you're clearly not a Red Sox fan. you'd have been calling for heads in August.

Here's a couple of adaged that you might want to add to your list of helpful refrains....It ain't over til it's over...that's why we play the games...for 28 of the 29 teams every year at some point the fans are left with perhaps the most often coined phrase...wait til next year...which for those of us that are actually fans of the game is days away!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

Wow. If the Yankees were lower on the list and this thread was put up by Beni he would have been hammered saying he was trying to annoy Yankee fans here. It's really incredible that putting this list up by a Yankee troll just turns out to be a conversational exchange. LOL
    Posted by kimsaysthis

It was a conversational exchange about BASEBALL. Something you refuse to talk about pike. Did you notice how there was no bickering till you showed up?

And, FTR, I posted the rankings last season when the red flops were on top of everyone's list.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Robertson's a question? 

Umm...yeah!

The guy went from a 1.50 WHIP to 1.125. I'm not saying he won't have a good to great year in 2012, but he certainly is still a question mark.

You have a question about 10th-11th+ pitchers (which I don't agree with regardless?). Ross and Crawford aren't questions?

Yes, they are questions as are all players, but they aren't major question marks. Ross should be our RF'er vs LHPs who could squeeze Sweeney out of PAs vs RHPs if he keeps up his ST pace. There's little question about his abilities vs LHPs, since his career OPS is over .900 in that area. Crawford is a question mark, but since my expectation for him are not great, and we don't need him to be great to win, I didn't count him as a "big question".

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN Power Rankings Released:
    Red Sox offense lacks a superstar RH bat. That is the biggest offensive question that won't be answered without a trade. The shallow mind likes to look at year long aggregate numbers for offensive performance.  Red Sox defense lacks the fielding talent at SS and 3B to keep from extending innings and mileage on pitchers. Unless Iglesias replaces the dumpster profile, Aviles (not a SS), that is the biggest question on defense that will not be answered. The outfield is also lacking in preventing extra bases, due to weak arms. Overall, the Red Sox are a poor defensive team. Ellsbury is perceived as a great defensive OF'er, as few pay attention to his modus of playing the big hop in front or behind. Keeps his scorecard on errors clean, and makes the long run catches create a false image of a strong OF'er. In fact, he is a poor judge of where the ball will end up and makes routine plays appear to be outstanding catches. Red Sox pitching will come down to a full season of Beckett, Lester and Buch performing at a high level for around 200 innings. That is a big question for Beckett and Buch, who any smart GM would stay away from in any trade discussions. Anytime the Red Sox want to cut payroll and unload a prima donna contract, InEpstein is a good guy to call to unload poor endurance medical history profiles.In the end, the Red Sox are mediocre offensively and poor defensively. To be a contender, they will have to have full season high performances from Beckett, Lester and Buch. The rest of the profiles in the rotation and parked in a dumpster are either garbage or currently unable to pitch a lot of quality innings this season. Bard could be good as a starter, but will be unable to provide a full season of quality starter innings.Given my expertise, which is second to no one, the Red Sox season rests on Beckett, Lester and Buch. All three are capable of having high performance year long seasons, but it all must happen in the same season, 2012. We shall see. Offensively, this team will be more overrated than the 2011 offense. Defensively, Valentine will do well just to keep these guys from dogging it. Talent wise, this is a poor defensive team, to Valentine will need to demand hustle and full effort to compensate. We shall see.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr

1) Youk's not exactly chopped liver...posting career ops numbers north of 900....

It's all about health with Youk for both offense and defense. Remember, softy was the one who said Youk moving to 3B was a great idea and that 3Bmen are less likely to get hurt than 1Bmen. (He's "second to none" alright.)

2) Avilies has better range and a stronger throwing arm than Scutaro, just not as sure handed. He'll make plays that Scutaro couldn't, but will also make plays that Scutaro wouldn't...Youk will be just fine 3B.

Softy said the same thing about Scoot when we got him, then pretended like he was Scoot's biggest fan when he ended up hitting just as I projected him to, especially in the clutch. (Softy also said injuries did not effect Scoot's play.)

3) Let's see they have gold glover's at 1st, 2nd, LF and CF...I wouldn't say they're a poor fielding team. I do agree that having a kid like Inglesias at SS would make us better...a poor flieding team is one that lack range...clearly our team doesn't not with the speed we have in the OF...

Ask softy why he claimed jeter was a great fielder because we won the Gold Glove Award, but then discounts the award when Jake and CC won it.

4) So what you're saying in effect is that the Red Sox won't score enough, will give up too many unearned runs. Then stop the presses! I never would ahve thunk this...They need the top three in the rotation to give them QS and innings to be a contender...Given my expertise, I'd say that's true for every team...No?

Softy said it wasn't about the pitching, but now changes his tune for the Gazillionth time. 

5) Given your expertise I think we all would serve ourselves well by ignoring most if not all of your post...they're longwinded, self serving and in almost every instance you state the obvious and try to sell it like you're the only guy that knows the game...Come on man...

The Sox are "mediocre offensively", softy says. Classic evidence why he is indeed "second to no one".

My advise to you is to get over yourself and try to offer something more than your continued assault on the front office and your views regarding the players themselves. New's flash...the best team on paper last year didn't win the World Series...I am sure that if you were a Cardinal's fan, which you may well be becasue you're clearly not a Red Sox fan. you'd have been calling for heads in August. 

Heads rolled as he wanted. He always said henry and Larry were not the problems, but it was them who hired Ben and Bobby, so something has to give.

Here's a couple of adaged that you might want to add to your list of helpful refrains....It ain't over til it's over...that's why we play the games...for 28 of the 29 teams every year at some point the fans are left with perhaps the most often coined phrase...wait til next year...which for those of us that are actually fans of the game is days away!

When we score the most runs again this year, softy will spin it into mediocrity. If the Sox make the playoffs, it will be based on our pitching (and fielding), and a lot of that will be on the shoulders of our 4/5 starters and bullpen that was poached upon to "upgrade" the rotation (something Softy supported).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

How do they have the Red Sox over the Phillies or Giants or even the Cardinals? And notice they have six AL teams before one NL team? A little bias there?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

My view of the beach this morning. 

Man we've had a streak of gorgeous weather!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Robertson's a question?  Umm...yeah! The guy went from a 1.50 WHIP to 1.125. I'm not saying he won't have a good to great year in 2012, but he certainly is still a question mark. You have a question about 10th-11th+ pitchers (which I don't agree with regardless?). Ross and Crawford  aren't  questions? Yes, they are questions as are all players, but they aren't major question marks. Ross should be our RF'er vs LHPs who could squeeze Sweeney out of PAs vs RHPs if he keeps up his ST pace. There's little question about his abilities vs LHPs, since his career OPS is over .900 in that area. Crawford is a question mark, but since my expectation for him are not great, and we don't need him to be great to win, I didn't count him as a "big question".
    Posted by moonslav59

Agree about Ross being murder against Lefties; and, I agree, he's a great pickup. And it's not out of the realm for him to put up monster #s, and I've reconsidered and decided he may even meet your RBI projection. (Although I doubt it, since Lefties are only about 20-30% of a staff).

IMO, Your question criteria, and then tallying them for both teams in order to perform some ersatz conclusion as fodder for this thread topic, is questionable itself. How Crawford is not in the mix based on your expectations is beyond me. While we're at it, maybe we should consider whether Verlander wins 30 games this year as a question. 

Robertson's WHIP doesn't tell even a smidgen of the story; at this point he is considered one of the best setup men in the league, and that should be the end of the discussion, foot injury notwithstanding.

I was reacting to your comparison of the RS marginal pitchers vs the Yankee marginal pitchers, (including the AAA guys on the cusp) where you said the RS group were better. I disagree.

And here's something you won't agree with me on: I think RS shall win between 80-95 games; I can't be anymore accurate than that, due to the flux with the pitching staff, which shall be the decider IMO. The other facets appear to be relatively constant, and if it wasn't for their great offense, I would have put the bottom # lower than that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

Red Sox offense lacks a superstar RH bat. That is the biggest offensive question that won't be answered without a trade. The shallow mind likes to look at year long aggregate numbers for offensive performance.  Red Sox defense lacks the fielding talent at SS and 3B to keep from extending innings and mileage on pitchers. Unless Iglesias replaces the dumpster profile, Aviles (not a SS), that is the biggest question on defense that will not be answered. The outfield is also lacking in preventing extra bases, due to weak arms. Overall, the Red Sox are a poor defensive team. Ellsbury is perceived as a great defensive OF'er, as few pay attention to his modus of playing the big hop in front or behind. Keeps his scorecard on errors clean, and makes the long run catches create a false image of a strong OF'er. In fact, he is a poor judge of where the ball will end up and makes routine plays appear to be outstanding catches. Red Sox pitching will come down to a full season of Beckett, Lester and Buch performing at a high level for around 200 innings. That is a big question for Beckett and Buch, who any smart GM would stay away from in any trade discussions. Anytime the Red Sox want to cut payroll and unload a prima donna contract, InEpstein is a good guy to call to unload poor endurance medical history profiles. In the end, the Red Sox are mediocre offensively and poor defensively. To be a contender, they will have to have full season high performances from Beckett, Lester and Buch. The rest of the profiles in the rotation and parked in a dumpster are either garbage or currently unable to pitch a lot of quality innings this season. Bard could be good as a starter, but will be unable to provide a full season of quality starter innings. Given my expertise, which is second to no one, the Red Sox season rests on Beckett, Lester and Buch. All three are capable of having high performance year long seasons, but it all must happen in the same season, 2012. We shall see. Offensively, this team will be more overrated than the 2011 offense. Defensively, Valentine will do well just to keep these guys from dogging it. Talent wise, this is a poor defensive team, to Valentine will need to demand hustle and full effort to compensate. We shall see.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr

All that, and you didn't mention their biggest weakness the bull-pen?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

The question is, who could be a sleeper for the RS? My guess is Aviles, and Cook. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

The question is, who could be a sleeper for the RS? My guess is Aviles and Cook.
    Posted by nhsteven

Imn my mind aviles is no sleeper. since traded to the red sox he batted .317 over 38 games and had an amazing spring. Cook and Ross are the sleepers IMO

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN Power Rankings Released : Imn my mind aviles is no sleeper. since traded to the red sox he batted .317 over 38 games and had an amazing spring. Cook and Ross are the sleepers IMO
    Posted by mef429

Cook is a longshot, but a new pitching coach can work wonders on a declining player, and they tend to listen more. Throw in Albers as well. Ross is no sleeper IMO; he's flat out good (mostly against LHP), and defensively too.

Regardless, it is imperative that they fix their bullpen if they want to contend.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN Power Rankings Released : How do they have the Red Sox over the Phillies or Giants I think it's about balance
    Posted by pinstripezac

I Mean is ESPN telling us these current Red Sox are better then a Phillies team that won 102 games last year? I don't think so

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Phillies have come down a notch, and won't have Howard & Utley for a while

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN Power Rankings Released : Imn my mind aviles is no sleeper. since traded to the red sox he batted .317 over 38 games and had an amazing spring. Cook and Ross are the sleepers IMO
    Posted by mef429

38 games is not really a very large sample size.

Ross has a longer history of success, and to me is less deserving of a "sleeper" label, except for the fact that he has struggles for 2 years.

Other sleepers could be:
    Morales
    Tazawa
    Bowden
    Padilla
    Sweeney

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN Power Rankings Released : 38 games is not really a very large sample size. Ross has a longer history of success, and to me is less deserving of a "sleeper" label, except for the fact that he has struggles for 2 years. Other sleepers could be: Morales Tazawa Bowden Padilla Sweeney
    Posted by moonslav59

I agree.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

"To Bard, or not to Bard, that is the question. Whether 'tis nobler..."  Obviously it's all reminiscent of the failed Joba experiment, even if Bard is clearly the superior hurler. To belabor the obvious, the regular bullpen and starter roles need to be put in place sooner than later. Besides the Bard conundrum (probably a moot point now that the Red Sox have lost Bailey for a few months, and the bullpen is even more challenged than it was before), Aceves has been a movable cog, and he has obviously been somewhat unnerved by the process and/or result. If the brain trust does not think they can Cook up something or someone else for the back of the rotation, then the Red Sox FO really does need to get either bullpen help or a serviceable starter soon.  Bobby V. has his work cut out for him, but unless he has enough deck chairs at his disposal, then all this rearranging will not only be maddening to the players involved and the entire team....It will be Titanic-esque...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

" not one of your better posts moon" Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE] No kidding. According to the post, the Yankees' question marks for the upcoming season are catcher, first base, shortstop, third base, left field, centerfield, right field, closer, set up man, back of bullpen, number two starter, number three starter, number four starter, number five starter, and DH. The Yankees won the division last year and appear to have added depth in starting pitching in Koroda, Pineda, and Pettitte, minus Bartolo Colon leaving for Oakland. Subtracting Jorge Posada, the Yankees are essentially the same team that won the division, without the distractions of 600 and 3000 in anticipated bench mark celebrations. Instead, a usually heady poster has described something akin to the Houston Astros. If everyone is a question mark, then no one is a question mark, making any comparison useless.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

" not one of your better posts moon" Posted by pinstripezac
    No kidding. According to the post, the Yankees' question marks for the upcoming season are catcher, first base, shortstop, third base, left field, centerfield, right field, closer, set up man, back of bullpen, number two starter, number three starter, number four starter, number five starter, and DH. The Yankees won the division last year and appear to have added depth in starting pitching in Koroda, Pineda, and Pettitte, minus Bartolo Colon leaving for Oakland. Subtracting Jorge Posada, the Yankees are essentially the same team that won the division, without the distractions of 600 and 3000 in anticipated bench mark celebrations. Instead, a usually heady poster has described something akin to the Houston Astros. If everyone is a question mark, then no one is a question mark, making any comparison useless.
    Posted by Pass-the-hubris-please

Welcome to the poster that is moonslob.

I've never seen a stat head be so wrong in all my life.

He shouldn't try counting cards at Vegas any time soon.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Hubris  -  excessive pride or self-confidence; arrogance

Are you inferring that Red Sox fans are full of "excessive pride, self-confidence, and arrogance. I  see that opposite in the few months that I have been reading this forum. In fact. I see the opposite.  Is your moniker named to approach a Red Sox forum with disdain of their typical fan? If so then you are wrong. Most posters here are the opposite of "hubris". Sounds like your moniker is a misnomer.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

Hubris  -  excessive pride or self-confidence; arrogance Are you inferring that Red Sox fans are full of "excessive pride, self-confidence, and arrogance. I  see that opposite in the few months that I have been reading this forum. In fact. I see the opposite.  Is your moniker named to approach a Red Sox forum with disdain of their typical fan? If so then you are wrong. Most posters here are the opposite of "hubris". Sounds like your moniker is a misnomer.
    Posted by 6k42lt913c

Is that what you got out of it kimpikesaysthis?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from scorieger. Show scorieger's posts

In Response to ESPN Power Rankings Released:

As long as the Yankees grand finale is that of Hemmingway's. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

" not one of your better posts moon"
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]

No kidding. According to the post, the Yankees' question marks for the upcoming season are catcher, first base, shortstop, third base, left field, centerfield, right field, closer, set up man, back of bullpen, number two starter, number three starter, number four starter, number five starter, and DH. 

I was merely pointing out that the Yanks have question marks as do all teams. I never said theirs were more or larger. 
    But, yes a 38 year old SS who is declining on offense and is alreadt the worst fielding SS in MLb is a question mark. An aging 3Bman with hip trouble that has decline for 3 straight years might continue to do so. A 1Bman who has done the same may as well. A catcher who had 4 horrible months and 2 great ones may not be that reliable. A 90 year old starter pick-up is very trustworthy. 

The Yankees won the division last year and appear to have added depth in starting pitching in Koroda, Pineda, and Pettitte, minus Bartolo Colon leaving for Oakland. Subtracting Jorge Posada, the Yankees are essentially the same team that won the division, without the distractions of 600 and 3000 in anticipated bench mark celebrations.

On paper, the Yanks did get better, some through addition by subtraction. I think the Sox have too.

Instead, a usually heady poster has described something akin to the Houston Astros. If everyone is a question mark, then no one is a question mark, making any comparison useless.

The Sox lost about 600 IP of a 5.35 ERA and a 1.40 WHIP (including Paps). Yeah, we could get worse or stay the same with who we are replacing them with, but I seriously doubt it. Yeah Youk could get hurt again, Ells could decline, Papi could too, and the Bard experiminet could turn out like Joba's. You think I don't know this? You think I am calling us the favorites? I haven't. I projected the Yanks with more wins. When's the last time a Yankee fan has projected the Sox with more wins or to go farther in the playoffs? 1919? 

Stop pretending I am the one being subjective.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN Power Rankings Released : No kidding. According to the post, the Yankees' question marks for the upcoming season are catcher, first base, shortstop, third base, left field, centerfield, right field, closer, set up man, back of bullpen, number two starter, number three starter, number four starter, number five starter, and DH. The Yankees won the division last year and appear to have added depth in starting pitching in Koroda, Pineda, and Pettitte, minus Bartolo Colon leaving for Oakland. Subtracting Jorge Posada, the Yankees are essentially the same team that won the division, without the distractions of 600 and 3000 in anticipated bench mark celebrations. Instead, a usually heady poster has described something akin to the Houston Astros. If everyone is a question mark, then no one is a question mark, making any comparison useless. Posted by Pass-the-hubris-please
    Welcome to the poster that is moonslob. I've never seen a stat head be so wrong in all my life. He shouldn't try counting cards at Vegas any time soon.
    Posted by TBINFL

Babe..I already critiqued moon's post earlier on this thread, and I agree with the content of your response here (and hubris' comments as well)...A lot of your posts are often funny and usually never dull...But I really wish you and others would leave the ad hominems and demeaning nicknames to the pikes and other mean-spirited posters on this forum....Otherwise, you are just distinguishing yourself as yet another obnoxious online message board junkie who props their own historically challenged self-esteem by attacking and/or slicing/dicing others...Moon might be a less-than-objective Red Sox apologist at times, but he is a class guy who talks baseball and tries to stay above the fray, even when softy is nipping at his heels...So, pulllleeez, try to keep the boorish Yankee fan schtick at a reasonable volume....While you yourself complain about pike's relentless negativity, you should be a bit more aware about adding your own board bully energy to the depressing mix... 
  •  
    Sections
    Shortcuts