ESPN Probabiity has Red Sox in Last in AL East and 13th out of 15 AL Teams

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Re: ESPN Probabiity has Red Sox in Last in AL East and 13th out of 15 AL Teams

Seen a lot of prognosticators picking them last or next to last in the east; could happen, but for Bradley and other reasons, such as strong spring for starting pitchers, liking the sox chances of competing for the division, and believe yanks may finally be in trouble this time.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Where did these prognosticators have the Orioles last year? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Seeing this team and the moves they made this past off season in Dempster, Gomes, and Victorino last is a great possibility. Thats why I did not pick up the MLB Baseball Package and saved 200 dollars this summer. Well at least we picked up high character guys, thanks Larry Luchinno for another year of futility. I have never seen three guys, Henry, Luchinno, and Werner take a successful franchise and completely foul it up like they have. I use to watch every game everynight since 2004 when I first got the MLB Package. That was when I got home from Iraq after a year there.  2011 sickened me a lot and 2012 really soured me. Now I have better things to do with my time like spending it with my daughters. When management puts a better product on the field, I will in turn maybe pay for a MLB package again.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Bradley and Iggy help, but even if we happen to squeek into the playoffs, we aren't going far unless an amazing confluence of events occur.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Yankees are over 50% to make the playoffs. Sad commentary on Red Sox management. I'm more optimistic since they capitulated and promoted Bradley.

The Yankees are worse than the Sox at this point. Go root for them if you really think think that lineup can score runs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Yankees are over 50% to make the playoffs. Sad commentary on Red Sox management. I'm more optimistic since they capitulated and promoted Bradley.

The Yankees are worse than the Sox at this point. Go root for them if you really think think that lineup can score runs.

most definitely. with all due respect to our resident yankee fans of course. When i did my Sox/yanks analysis at the beginning of ST i had the Sox just edging the yanks out position for position.. now that ST is over and the Yankees are already decimated by injuries the scale is tipped in our favor big time. Still, you can never count the Yanks out; but if there was ever a time to do so.....

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Spammer

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

How did they capitulate?

It seems to me that they decided he should be on the team.

The Red Sox aren't that bad this year. 82 to 86 wins.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

How did they capitulate?

Aren't you aware that there's been an ongoing battle all ST about JBJ?  Softy wanted him with the team on Opening Day and Henry, Lucchino, Werner, Cherrington and Farrell didn't. 

Everything that happens on that team goes through Softy.  Frankly, I don't see how Softy has time to do that AND run a super-successful law practice making more than MLB players, too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to S5's comment:

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

How did they capitulate?

Aren't you aware that there's been an ongoing battle all ST about JBJ?  Softy wanted him with the team on Opening Day and Henry, Lucchino, Werner, Cherrington and Farrell didn't. 

Everything that happens on that team goes through Softy.  Frankly, I don't see how Softy has time to do that AND run a super-successful law practice making more than MLB players, too.

Oh I am aware.  That's why i called him on the word "capitulate". It's like the little guy actually thinks he talked the Red Sox into it.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to Thesemenarecowards' comment:

Where did these prognosticators have the Orioles last year? 

True.  As well as the Oakland A's.  

Last year, five out of the six ESPN baseball experts picked the Angels to win the AL West.  

I'll admit,............I picked the Angels too.   LOL

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

In response to AL34's comment:

Seeing this team and the moves they made this past off season in Dempster, Gomes, and Victorino last is a great possibility. Thats why I did not pick up the MLB Baseball Package and saved 200 dollars this summer. Well at least we picked up high character guys, thanks Larry Luchinno for another year of futility. I have never seen three guys, Henry, Luchinno, and Werner take a successful franchise and completely foul it up like they have. I use to watch every game everynight since 2004 when I first got the MLB Package. That was when I got home from Iraq after a year there.  2011 sickened me a lot and 2012 really soured me. Now I have better things to do with my time like spending it with my daughters. When management puts a better product on the field, I will in turn maybe pay for a MLB package again.

Because it will then be a better thing to do again than spending time with your daughters? 

LOL

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

The Astros scored runs, tonight. I wouldn't be so arrogant. The Yankees will have a 25 man active roster, and there is 162 games. I believe the Yankees are overrated in this ESPN odds, but I'll wait before I count them out.

The Red Sox have a better player at ever position other than second base and Pedroia might be the second best 2bman in the league. The Red Sox have better pen.  Granted the Yankees could get healthy but it is going to be a long two months.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I have faith in this team....and I think they will be better than expected. The Orioles did well last year because they believed in themselves....get off to a fast start and the outlook changes and the momenetum can bring you to unexpected heights. This team has 9 road games and 17 home games in the first 26 games.....the 9 road games are these first 3 in NY vs a shell of a Yankee team....then three in Toronto and then 3 mid month against our old friend Tito in Cleveland. Get off to a fast start in April...win 15 or 16 of those 26 games....hopefully Papi is back healthy for April....JBJ is playing well enough to be kept around, the rotation is keeping the team in games and not killing the Pen....and the H##L with the experts....the talent level of the Rosters of the Al east teams are not that differrent.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

I had them 15th-Who gave 13th??

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to tomnev's comment:

I have faith in this team....and I think they will be better than expected. The Orioles did well last year because they believed in themselves....get off to a fast start and the outlook changes and the momenetum can bring you to unexpected heights. This team has 9 road games and 17 home games in the first 26 games.....the 9 road games are these first 3 in NY vs a shell of a Yankee team....then three in Toronto and then 3 mid month against our old friend Tito in Cleveland. Get off to a fast start in April...win 15 or 16 of those 26 games....hopefully Papi is back healthy for April....JBJ is playing well enough to be kept around, the rotation is keeping the team in games and not killing the Pen....and the H##L with the experts....the talent level of the Rosters of the Al east teams are not that differrent.

You can say hell here...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Although this appears to be the worst NYY team coming out of the gate in 22 yrs, not a single word was mentioned about their SP here; not a surprise, of course. As far as their BP not being as good as the RS, that remains to be seen; the same was said here last yr. Regardless, the experts have finally soured some on them.

Also, the RS  having a 48 yr seasonal low in 2012 does have some bearing on the prognosticators, and in reality. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The Sox are not getting much respect in the pre season predictions for a good reason. It is up to them to prove people wrong.  Personally , I think they have the talent to do it. The infusion of young , energetic , enthusiastic guys like Bradley and Iglesias can be the spark.  Obviously , they need to get and stay healthy, Lester and Buchholz have to come up big , and they cannot blow saves like they did last year. Nothing can deflate a team like blown saves. Can Hanrahan handle the pressure ?  Stay tuned.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Before the season started last night, the Cool Standings website gave the Red Sox a 29.7 percent chance of advancing to the postseason (ranking ahead of five American League teams):

http://www.coolstandings.com/baseball_standings.asp

Sections
Shortcuts