ESPN Probabiity has Red Sox in Last in AL East and 13th out of 15 AL Teams

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: ESPN Probabiity has Red Sox in Last in AL East and 13th out of 15 AL Teams

In response to nhsteven's comment:

Although this appears to be the worst NYY team coming out of the gate in 22 yrs, not a single word was mentioned about their SP here; not a surprise, of course. As far as their BP not being as good as the RS, that remains to be seen; the same was said here last yr. Regardless, the experts have finally soured some on them.

Also, the RS  having a 48 yr seasonal low in 2012 does have some bearing on the prognosticators, and in reality. 

The Yankees starting rotation looks good not great. If Buchholz and Lester pitch half as good as they did in ST they will be pretty good themselves. Both rotation have a few question marks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

Before the season started last night, the Cool Standings website gave the Red Sox a 29.7 percent chance of advancing to the postseason (ranking ahead of five American League teams):

http://www.coolstandings.com/baseball_standings.asp

You have really become a characterture of your self if you include this in your arsenal of "advanced" metrices.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

You could tell me the Sox might go 0-162 and I'm still excited today.  It's baseball season!!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

ESPN picking the Yanks from what I saw, even though Cano is the only one playing from last year. Red Sox dead last because of no Ortiz. Go figure. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Before the season started last night, the Cool Standings website gave the Red Sox a 29.7 percent chance of advancing to the postseason (ranking ahead of five American League teams):

You have really become a characterture of your self if you include this in your arsenal of "advanced" metrices.

http://dictionary.reference.com/

Please use it.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

1) TB     88 wins

2) TOR  87

3) NYY  85

4) BOS  84

5) BAL  78

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

1) TB     88 wins

2) TOR  87

3) NYY  85

4) BOS  84

5) BAL  78

I predict the sox win 87 and tor 85 and ny 84...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

1) TB     88 wins

2) TOR  87

3) NYY  85

4) BOS  84

5) BAL  78

After today, I'm starting to wonder (despite the 1 game sample). The NYY look even worse than expected. I never saw such a collection of over-the-hill1st-basemen. And Bradley looks like the real deal, even if he probably does need more seasoning. Also, I disagree about Balt; I believe they'll get a WC. Agree about Tor; assuming the sum equals the addition of its parts.

I now have Tor, Bal, TB, Bos, NYY

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Bradley and Iggy help, but even if we happen to squeek into the playoffs, we aren't going far unless an amazing confluence of events occur.

Not really.  If we make the playoffs, we are probably the second favorite behind Detroit.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Please use it.

Once you rely on fallacies, you have lost the debate.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Please use it.

Once you rely on fallacies, you have lost the debate.

Your response "You have really become a characterture of your self if you include this in your arsenal of 'advanced' metrices" hardly suggests a debate. I would welcome a post of substance.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

1) TB     88 wins

2) TOR  87

3) NYY  85

4) BOS  84

5) BAL  78

After today, I'm starting to wonder (despite the 1 game sample). The NYY look even worse than expected. I never saw such a collection of over-the-hill1st-basemen. And Bradley looks like the real deal, even if he probably does need more seasoning. Also, I disagree about Balt; I believe they'll get a WC. Agree about Tor; assuming the sum equals the addition of its parts.

The Yanks will regroup, add some key elements at the deadline and be in the race to the end.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

Bradley and Iggy help, but even if we happen to squeek into the playoffs, we aren't going far unless an amazing confluence of events occur.

Not really.  If we make the playoffs, we are probably the second favorite behind Detroit.

Not really. The Angels and AL East winner should be higher favorites. If the A's or Rangers win the other WC, they may be higher rated than us as well. Who knows at this point.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

1) TB     88 wins

2) TOR  87

3) NYY  85

4) BOS  84

5) BAL  78

The Yanks will regroup, add some key elements at the deadline and be in the race to the end.

It depends on the health of the geriatric ward.

Sections
Shortcuts