ESPN Report - A's Ready to Deal Gonzalez to either Nationals or Other Team (Red Sox reported)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

ESPN Report - A's Ready to Deal Gonzalez to either Nationals or Other Team (Red Sox reported)

As per ESPN, the A's are ready to deal Gio Gonzalez to either the Nationals or another team, reportedly believed to be the Red Sox. This just came up on ESPN. The A's want to make a decision by the end of Thursday.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Re: ESPN Report - A's Ready to Deal Gonzalez to either Nationals or Other Team (Red Sox reported)

Youk's mellon by the bay.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Re: ESPN Report - A's Ready to Deal Gonzalez to either Nationals or Other Team (Red Sox reported)

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/7380494/source-gio-gonzalez-set-dealt-boston-red-sox-likely-bidding

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Gio to Nationals.  I don't think Sox' farm system can beat Nats' anyway. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

But Boston's top 10 prospects is probably as even as the Nats's.

Still I dont want to see any of these top prospects go cuz they all mostly will be needed for the 2013 season!!!

IF Boston just part away Iggy/Reddick/couple outside of top ten prospects, then do it!!

Other than that....let Nats have him

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Informative article on Gio's strengths and weaknesses.http://mlb.sbnation.com/2011/12/21/2653767/gio-gonzalez-trade-rumors-washington-nationals

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Iggy and Reddick?
    No doubt Beane would lunge at that offer.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I know Beane may want Youk but it would be to probably flip him to the Cubs, Cards or Mariners if neither gets Prince.

Gio and Bailey for Youk, Middlebrooks, Ranaudo, Melancon and Salty.
    Ben might be able to hold out to keep Middlebrooks by including Bogaerts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

I say get him.  I would include iggy, reddick, anderson...hold out on youk unless you get both bailey and gio, then go youk, reddick, anderson and 1 or 2 pitching prospects.  Keep middlebrooks and boegarts IMHO.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN Report - A's Ready to Deal Gonzalez to either Nationals or Other Team (Red Sox reported):
    [QUOTE]I say get him.  I would include iggy, reddick, anderson...hold out on youk unless you get both bailey and gio, then go youk, reddick, anderson and 1 or 2 pitching prospects.  Keep middlebrooks and boegarts IMHO.
    Posted by adam4522[/QUOTE]

Sub Iggy, Lars Anderson and Reddick? You're kidding right?

I doubt oakland would want any of those three.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgomez. Show bgomez's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN Report - A's Ready to Deal Gonzalez to either Nationals or Other Team (Red Sox reported):
    [QUOTE]I know Beane may want Youk but it would be to probably flip him to the Cubs, Cards or Mariners if neither gets Prince. Gio and Bailey for Youk, Middlebrooks, Ranaudo, Melancon and Salty. Ben might be able to hold out to keep Middlebrooks by including Bogaerts.
    Posted by MadMc44[/QUOTE]

No way. 1. The A's want to get younger, not older. 2. They would only take one of Youk and Middlebrooks.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

If this goes down I doubt any of Reddick, Anderson or Iggy are in a package.

Those three have about as much value to oakland as packing popcorn.

Ken_Rosenthal
    Sources: #RedSox trying to get G. Gonzalez, Bailey in “monster” deal, #Rangers, #Rays also on Bailey. #Nationals team to beat on Gio.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

They wouldn't take Youk. It would take Middlebrooks and at least one other top prospect.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Monster deal means big names, multiple players and maybe a third team as a destination for Youk.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Oakland will take Youk because of his value to another team.

Teams would line up for Youk's bat, especially teams needing a good bat in a deep line up.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Beane is going to want prospects….guys he can control for a long time….and he’s not giving the Sox or any other team any kind of a sweetheart deal.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Also consider the thought that Beane has more then one team bidding.

Tampa is rumored to be after Baily very few teams out there can compete with what they could offer Oakland in prospects.                     

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

Bailey and Gio in one deal would be good........
    pros on Gio.....young and under team control.....200 innings
    cons..........WALKS...questionable control

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ESPN Report - A's Ready to Deal Gonzalez to either Nationals or Other Team (Red Sox reported) : Sub Iggy, Lars Anderson and Reddick? You're kidding right? I doubt oakland would want any of those three.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

Do you know anything about Nats's farm system.  Here is copy and paste of a writer suggesting a trade from Nats:

If Gio Gonzalez is traded to Washington...I expect the deal to look something like: A.J. Cole, Brad Peacock, Destin Hood and Derek Norris

And Boston to trade Iggy, Reddick Anderson and a prospect outside of top ten.

Who would have a better deal?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

gio dealt to washington, nice work ben

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ESPN Report - A's Ready to Deal Gonzalez to either Nationals or Other Team (Red Sox reported) : Do you know anything about Nats's farm system.  Here is copy and paste of a writer suggesting a trade from Nats: If Gio Gonzalez is traded to Washington...I expect the deal to look something like: A.J. Cole, Brad Peacock , Destin Hood and Derek Norris And Boston to trade Iggy, Reddick Anderson and a prospect outside of top ten. Who would have a better deal?
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]
    The Nationals would have the far, far better offer ... not even close.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ESPN Report - A's Ready to Deal Gonzalez to either Nationals or Other Team (Red Sox reported) : Do you know anything about Nats's farm system.  Here is copy and paste of a writer suggesting a trade from Nats: If Gio Gonzalez is traded to Washington...I expect the deal to look something like: A.J. Cole, Brad Peacock , Destin Hood and Derek Norris And Boston to trade Iggy, Reddick Anderson and a prospect outside of top ten. Who would have a better deal?
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]

The Nats. Easily.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Nats give up Cole, Norris, Peacokc, and Milone according to Law.

Next subject.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Gio had control problems, high walks, low strikeouts. Middlebrooks and Lavarnway are our future.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Moneyball played perfectly .

Sections
Shortcuts