ESPN's Jason Martinez: "Red Sox In Better Shape Than Yanks"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: ESPN's Jason Martinez:

I love how a Yankee fan can create a thread starting a discussion about the Yankees when Sox fans can't do that. Are you planning on creating 1,000 more threads based on every thought in your head concerning your team?

And FTR, I don't buy how you go about it, by seemingly complimenting the Sox just so posters come in to disagree and laud the Yankees. I really think that Yankee fans obsession with this site is beyond bizarre. I can't even imagine being interested in what Yankee fans are saying on their sites, nevermind spending all my baseball time reading it. That must be some form of mental illness. Just not sure what to call it. Maybe they're Yankee fans who secretly wish they were Sox fans, but it's too ingrained to change it, so they hang around their sites and talk about the Sox all day and night. You could call it Sox-envy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

The latest comments on Martinez's article are tres interessant...

sadok40 There is no rivalry between these two teams anymore the Yanks AL East rival is Baltimore then Tampa. 45 Minutes Ago     ·  Like  ·  Reply  ·  Quote  ·  Flag             yanksfan32190     Ya, judging how good two teams are before free agency even starts is a fantastic idea. You have no idea what's going to happen this winter. 54 Minutes Ago     ·  Like  ·  Reply  ·  Quote  ·  Flag             S_Ganis     The Yankees have been "too old" for years. "ESPNNESN" should write about something else. Yanks always improve and will win the AL East next year. I'm done with the insider subscriptions and other ESPNNESN interest. They had the best record in the AL in spite of losing Mo, Alex, tex, Gardy, Joba and whoever else. You can't possibly compare a Redsox team in their current condition to the Yankees. And believe me, I'd rather see the Yanks and Sox battle out for the AL. That's the best baseball ther ... more 2 Hours Ago     ·  Like  ·  Reply  ·  Quote  ·  Flag             sundance171722     When you a player is in decline you usually have to eat those words the next year, so be careful what you say Jason, you may have to eat those words. 3 Hours Ago     ·  Like  ·  Reply  ·  Quote  ·  Flag             katthekid     With the highest payroll every year this century the Yankees have won one world series. They remind of one of those NBA teams that are good enough to make the playoffs every year but not good enoug to win them. Yet they win too many games to get good players through the draft. The Red Sodx had the same problem until this year. Now they can both sign a type A free agent without losing their first round draft pick and have the money to sign international players. The O's werr a fluke and the Ray's ... more 4 Hours Ago     ·  Like  ·  Reply  ·  Quote  ·  Flag             jdelli128     Derp- Both teams are in trouble. Rays and O's are new beasts of the East. Of course the Yankees will still find a way to be competitive but that Sox roster is a gigantic mess. Love it. 5 Hours Ago     ·  Like  ·  Reply  ·  Quote  ·  Flag             Srodg2     This has to be the most illiterate Yankee bunch of recent memory. You guys use to be smart. Now you're a bunch of raving lunes. I use to like running into Yankee fans at sports bars but if I bumped into any of you I think I am likely to slap you. 1 fan likes this. October 28 2012, 11:19 AM     ·  Like  ·  Reply  ·  Quote  ·  Flag         danielgmolnar     They remind me of Dallas Cowboy fans who think that because they won 3 Superbowls when Jimmy Johnson/Barry Switzer was coach that is somehow relevant to this season. October 28 2012, 11:23 AM     ·  Like  ·  Reply  ·  Quote  ·  Flag               sammin75     Sometimes, I have to wonder what is the point with this network.  
    I realize that Red Sox province needs some help with it's esteem, but they have NESN for that.  
    The Sox have money under the cap, but you are assuming they are going to spend it. If these teams were to send out the exact same rosters to spring training next season, the Sox are going to be lucky to break 75 wins.  
    They don't have much pitching, they have huge holes in their lineup, and questionable fills in Ellsbury (health), Iglesi
    ... more October 28 2012, 1:54 AM     ·  Like  ·  Reply  ·  Quote  ·  Flag         danielgmolnar     Much of what you say is not accurate. The Sox have greater financial flexibility to fill many of those holes you mention. However, it is unlikely they will spend the entire amount after trading $200+ million to the Dodgers in August. Giving out long term deals to free agents would not be wise (that is how the Yankees ended up with so many older players on their roster). Boston does have pitching (4-5 starters and plenty of relievers). Ellsbury is entering the final year of his deal, so Cheringto ... more October 28 2012, 11:19 AM     ·  Like  ·  Reply  ·  Quote  ·  Flag                

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

The latest comments from where? Are you going to now bring comments from whatever other sites you're on to this forum as if those opinions matter for whatever reason about your thread? Has the world gone mad?

It's like a Yankee fan gone wild.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

In response to pinstripezac's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kimsaysthis's comment:

. I really think that Yankee fans obsession with this site is beyond bizarre. I can't even imagine being interested in what Yankee fans are saying on their sites, nevermind spending all my baseball time reading it. That must be some form of mental illness. Just not sure what to call it. Maybe they're Yankee fans who secretly wish they were Sox fans, but it's too ingrained to change it, so they hang around their sites and talk about the Sox all day and night. You could call it Sox-envy.

[/QUOTE]

Just not sure what to call it.

1 word

1st letter .............S

plus the need to fulfill ones civic duty

by keepng the board honest   '' for the kids ''   of RSN

[/QUOTE]

LOL, zac...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

. I really think that Yankee fans obsession with this site is beyond bizarre. I can't even imagine being interested in what Yankee fans are saying on their sites, nevermind spending all my baseball time reading it. That must be some form of mental illness. Just not sure what to call it. Maybe they're Yankee fans who secretly wish they were Sox fans, but it's too ingrained to change it, so they hang around their sites and talk about the Sox all day and night. You could call it Sox-envy.

[/QUOTE]

Just not sure what to call it.

1 word

1st letter .............S

plus the need to fulfill ones civic duty

by keepng the board honest   '' for the kids ''   of RSN

[/QUOTE]

Can you tell me the Yankee site where Sox fans are keeping Yankee fans honest? I can barely post that without laughing.

And IMO anyone who has as many kid pics on his computer as you do shouldn't be talking to children. There's also the fact that this seems to be an above average-age site. There really are no kids posting here. So, just more nonsense from you so you can hang here and try to turn this into a dual site like you did to the other Sox site. Maybe you have badges for how many you can conquer. Since this is your whole life, I wouldn't doubt it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Zac...I never realized you had "problems"...Shocked...I am shocked...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Yankee fans who come here insisting that Sox fans keep it honest are preventing Sox fans from being fans of their own team on their own team site. They are making sure Sox fans don't get overly enthusiastic about their team without good reason. This logic completely goes against the whole idea of what a fan is, and takes away any hope or joy a fanbase can have about thier team. It's no small thing.

There's no way Yankee fans should be here saying that is the purpose of them being here. It's like admitting you're a troll on a rival team's board -- just crushing anyone's dreams about their team on their own team site. It prohibits fans from being fans, completely different btw from fans who are here to discuss the Sox.

I've said this a million times, there is NO YANKEE BOARD where Sox fans are keeping them honest, and prohibiting them from being fans. There's no other team in all of MLB that would think this was normal coming from a rival team. The only people who think this is normal are their pals who are obviously operating on one brain cell. They see them as good guys. And they all need their head examined.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

The movie Casablanca (1942) is always relevant when the persistently mean-spirited are afoot....

"Renault: I've often speculated why you don't return to America. Did you abscond with the church funds? Did you run off with a Senator's wife? I like to think that you killed a man. It's the romantic in me.

Rick: It's a combination of all three.

Renault: And what in heaven's name brought you to Casablanca?

Rick: My health. I came to Casablanca for the waters.

Renault: The waters? What waters? We're in the desert.

Rick: I was misinformed."

"[Renault has ordered that Rick's close immediately]

Rick: How can you close me up? On what grounds?

Renault: I am shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here.

Employee of Rick's[hands Renault money] Your winnings, sir.

Renault: Oh, thank you, very much. Everybody out at once!"

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Yankee fans who come here insisting that Sox fans keep it honest are preventing Sox fans from being fans of their own team on their own team site. They are making sure Sox fans don't get overly enthusiastic about their team without good reason. This logic completely goes against the whole idea of what a fan is, and takes away any hope or joy a fanbase can have about thier team. It's no small thing.

just crushing anyone's dreams about their team on their own team site. It prohibits fans from being fans[/QUOTE]

why so worried about a little  honesty ?

truth is

if ever I hardly ever do that

I'm always encouraging optimistic sox fans

and often question the all negative sox posts

it's those, like U who try to make the sox look better  by

being dishonest about the yanks that make it necessary for me to

fulfill ones civic duty by keeping the board honest '' for the kids '' of RSN

clearly just a little misunderstanding

glad I was able to help

[/QUOTE]

There's no way Yankee fans should be here saying that is the purpose of them being here. It's like admitting you're a troll on a rival team's board -- just crushing anyone's dreams about their team on their own team site. It prohibits fans from being fans, completely different btw from fans who are here to discuss the Sox.

I've said this a million times, there is NO YANKEE BOARD where Sox fans are keeping them honest, and prohibiting them from being fans. There's no other team in all of MLB that would think this was normal coming from a rival team. The only people who think this is normal are their pals who are obviously operating on one brain cell. They see them as good guys. And they all need their head examined.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to TrotterNixon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I pointed out that their aged players held more important roles to their success than our aged players. I also said that I did not agree with those who claimed that the Yanks would not keep spending to replace or cover for declining players. Keeping Sabathia in the fold was a huge move by the Yanks. Picking up Soriano to "cover for" the aging Mo was expensive but worthwhile. I can imagine if we had signed Soriano to that amount of cash to be Papelbon's back-up and eventual replacement. You'd have crucified Theo, yet you praise Brian

Their aged players and "more important roles" show just how how of touch you are. The Yankees have much better middle management than the Red Sox, which isn't hard to do. The 25 and 40 man roster have to be constructed with the polar star of understanding that no role is "more important" and all roles must be defined and fitted with skill.

The Yankees overcame injuries to Pettite, A-Rod et al, due to management's better understanding of of the profile and fit roles that Ibanez, Jones and Chavez filled.

CC was a first rate young pitcher, and one of the rare ones.

Yankee management new that Mo was till producing at a high level but could go at any time. Offering market base 11.66 for Soriano for relief duty at age 32, 33 and 34 was a fit and value for the Yankees. InEpstein goes out and pays base 6 for washed up Jenks. Pappelbon market base of 12.5 for 4 years for age 31, 32, 33 and 34 was not a value for the Red Sox. The market provided better pen value and fit for the Red Sox over Pepelbon, and will continue to provide better value than Papelbon.

Mo's pitching talents are more art than velocity. As a pen profile, it made total sense to keep resigning him to short term contracts until he breaks down and retires. Papelbon was not in that class, nor was he old enough to where the Red Sox needed to sign a stand-by replacement.

When you compare the competence of Cashman v. Inesptein and Cherry, it's not even close and the proof is in the "win the division nearly every season" pudding. Both are big market teams, with the Yankees doing a much better job with their revenue/payroll value and fit than the Red Sox. That should be obvious to even the most dim witted.

[/QUOTE]

Wow. It's hard to think that you could keep getting more and more absurd, but somehow you keep finding new ways.