Essential Softy and NHSteven OR What Happened Last Night.?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Re: Essential Softy and NHSteven OR What Happened Last Night.?

really??? was that his plan? by far the most clueless managing of the year - and that is saying something - how about just playing your starters/best players and not trying to send a "message" to anyone (if you honestly believe that)?

Maybe "sending a message" wasn't the right choice of words for what Hfx was trying to communicate.  I see it as managing for an entire season in addition to the one game.  Obviously, Darnell and Cam are not getting the job done as needed right-handed bats within a heavily left-handed loaded lineup.  Almost anybody can see that.  What Francona and the FO have to determine is at what point do you cut your losses and how much do you cut.  Before making a transaction, the Red Sox need to see if they can salvage something by keeping either one of these players or both.  Any transaction involves some financial and player sacrifice and loss.  What is on the other side of a deal may not necessarily result in greater output.  It's baseball and it's still a guessing game to a great extent.  Maybe somebody will turn it around in the next month and at least play up to career norms.  While it's not looking so good for either one of these guys right now, there are occasions where a team is rewarded for patience as it was in staying in course with Ortiz over the last two seasons, Pedroia in 2007, and Bellhorn in 2004.  Also remember that these two guys are subs anyway. 

Now you may be thinking, "What about Reddick?  He seems to be doing the job and may be just as effective against lefties."  You may be right, but he hasn't established any history as such.  In as much as the Red Sox are out there to win each game, they are also interested in putting together the best roster going into the final stretch of the season and into the post season.  As panicked as you and many other fans seem to get at times, Red Sox management understands that baseball is a game of ebb and flow even for the best teams and you don't make roster decisions based upon results after a game or two or sometimes several.   

I'm confident that the Red Sox will be in the post season barring prolonged injuries to key players or unforeseen celestial events.  Rightfield isn't going to hold them back for now, but could make the critical difference in a short series down the road, as much as any event can.  Experimenting a bit now helps them make the optimal decision later.

Having said all that, I still don't want to see Darnell and Cam in the lineup at the same time, and I don't want to see either one of them batting 5th. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

The Sherriff is talking to fantasy baseball fans who are like poker players who feel as if they can ask for different cards every five minutes and it costs them nothing to do so. Owning a team is much different. Do you trade in a two year old car when you have your first problem with it or do you try to expect it to perform up to expectations in the near future. As Rojas says too many go ballistic after a few consecutive losses and we in the forum predicted this would happen back in March. It comes with the Internet territory and the types of fans / posters that gravitate to it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I agree, sheriff, but I think they need more time. DMac has just 30 PAs vs LHPs this year and missed time.

I don't want Cam or DMac 5th either, but with no DH, what's the choice? Move Pedey to 5th and bat someone else 2nd?
    VTek 5th?

This was precisely the reason I said from day one that signing a LH'd bat (that cant hit lefties) to $142M was a mistake.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

I agree, sheriff, but I think they need more time. DMac has just 30 PAs vs LHPs this year and missed time.

I don't want Cam or DMac 5th either, but with no DH, what's the choice? Move Pedey to 5th and bat someone else 2nd?
    VTek 5th?

As I wrote earlier, for now I don't want to see Cam and DMac in the lineup at the same time.  Let Reddick get some reps in against lefties and see how that goes.  You're right, there aren't good options at the 5th spot, but I think almost any other option might be better for now just to take some of the pressure off these guys.  Scutaro at the second spot and Pedey 5th might be the best among a host of bad options.

This was precisely the reason I said from day one that signing a LH'd bat (that cant hit lefties) to $142M was a mistake.

Kind of reminds of that camp song, "I had a hen that wouldn't lay eggs... one day that rooster..."  "I had an overpriced star, that couldn't hit lefties..." 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

In Response to Re: Essential Softy and NHSteven OR What Happened Last Night.?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Essential Softy and NHSteven OR What Happened Last Night.? : Pike, there's many posters who are apparently RS fans who posted since yesterday complaining about the RS lineup last night, some in very annoyed terms, while the only Yankee fan as far as I know was me, who was just agreeing with Softy about what the lineup should have been. In your attempt to divide, conquer, & provoke, you have entered the realm of the nonsensical.   Martial arts convicts don't take kindly to such drivel.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Those posters are the chronic complainers that the forum would be off without. They might even be trolls. You should know by now that most threads are made by those who are "wet blankets" and not loyal fans. Why do you as a Yankee fan want to join the doomsday mob? Why not just ridicule the fair weather fans like Babe does? Babe admits that he is a troll and pot stirrer while you try to be more subtle. In tandem, the two of you are like the "Good cop, bad cop" routine. You need to spend more time following your team. It is ironic that you go to a game in Pittsburg and are in the midst of Red Sox fans - how parallel to your chosen Internet life and obsession. How about the murdurers row at the bottom of the Yankee lineup? Any comment on them? Instead you devote your entire time and energy to two in the Sox lineup in one game? Cherry picking?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Essential Softy and NHSteven OR What Happened Last Night.? : Those posters are the chronic complainers that the forum would be off without. They might even be trolls. You should know by now that most threads are made by those who are "wet blankets" and not loyal fans. Why do you as a Yankee fan want to join the doomsday mob? Why not just ridicule the fair weather fans like Babe does? Babe admits that he is a troll and pot stirrer while you try to be more subtle. In tandem, the two of you are like the "Good cop, bad cop" routine. You need to spend more time following your team. It is ironic that you go to a game in Pittsburg and are in the midst of Red Sox fans - how parallel to your chosen Internet life and obsession. How about the murdurers row at the bottom of the Yankee lineup? Any comment on them? Instead you devote your entire time and energy to two in the Sox lineup in one game? Cherry picking?
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

Spot on Echo - go away again NHSteven and stay away this time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Essential Softy and NHSteven OR What Happened Last Night.? : Those posters are the chronic complainers that the forum would be off without. They might even be trolls. You should know by now that most threads are made by those who are "wet blankets" and not loyal fans. Why do you as a Yankee fan want to join the doomsday mob? Why not just ridicule the fair weather fans like Babe does? Babe admits that he is a troll and pot stirrer while you try to be more subtle. In tandem, the two of you are like the "Good cop, bad cop" routine. You need to spend more time following your team. It is ironic that you go to a game in Pittsburg and are in the midst of Red Sox fans - how parallel to your chosen Internet life and obsession. How about the murdurers row at the bottom of the Yankee lineup? Any comment on them? Instead you devote your entire time and energy to two in the Sox lineup in one game? Cherry picking?

1) Nah, it's just my style, and it's apparently less controversial than yours, based on the majority opinion, where ironically most of these posters are of the 'enemy' in relation to me, to use your vernacular. BTW, in 6 years I was never banned. Can you say the same ?

2) I was in the midst of RS fans because of the RSN syndrome; the majority near me (and largely throughout the stadium) were RS fans, mostly Bostonians (and suburbs) who travelled there. 2 RS fans that I spoke to (they live in Chelmsford MA, not far from me, when I'm not on the road, that is) claimed it was near impossible to get flights to Pitt. They went to a SF game a couple of yrs ago (vs RS), and claimed there were more RS fans there than Giants fans. (Or to put in other words: have RS fan, will travel).

3) According to you I'm cherry picking, but that truly wasn't the intent; nor was it my intent to join any angry mob, and heaven knows I've been in trouble with the ra-ra fans as well. And I can think of at least a few who claim I'm not so subtle. 

4) I spent my entire posts on the lineup? I was at the game via good seats and made what I thought were good observations, and actually said good things about Agon and Albers (who should be the setup man over Bard, IMO); I also discussed Managers around the league and in the past, fan interaction, and the Scutaro v Lowrie topic; how could you overlook all this? Unless you're cherry picking, that is, LOL. Also, FWIW, Babe and I don't get along; in fact, I have him on ignore, along with a few others. 

5) As far as my internet obsession goes, you may have a point there, but I have 5k posts in 6 yrs, using 1 alias (except not according to you, who actually has had a bunch) there's many who have more posts, some much more. Also what about your whacked out obsession? Someone would need to write a book to scratch that surface.

6) I didn't know it was so important to you that I discuss the bottom of the Yankee order. I must have tickled a funny bone with this whole lineup thing, a topic I didn't even start; so for that reason; I shall gladly oblige:

Swisher, Avg: .245; He was off to a terrible start, and that includes the field, too. I was never a big fan of his. He is largely a mistake hitter, and as a result, does not do well against good pitching; hence his PS #s are the pits. He seems to have picked it up some recently. For his sake, it's a good thing he did. Also, he's what I call too happy. Why not? (He's probably thinking.) I'm guessing in his mind set, it's great to be a Yankee.

Posada, Avg: .232 - Even in his prime, I always thought he was overrated, especially defensively. Called a lousy game (the antithesis of Varitek), had an average arm, and my nickname for him was "Mr. Passed Ball". He does get plus marks for durability, a good stick (yrs ago) and clutch play, but also makes bonehead plays. Last yr, he made Varitek's 39 yr old arm look like a rifle in comparison. He looked completely done about 6 weeks ago (when his avg was hovering around .160, and complained about batting 9th); now he's doing better, but the FO may still DFA him if he doesn't adjust to his new role.

Nunez, Avg : 244 - A god - awful fielder who the Yankees somehow like because of his physical tools.

Martin Avg .233 - He has a bad back, and it's affecting his hitting. His best hitting days appear to be behind him. He's lucky if he hits above the Mendoza line by the end of the yr (He's hitting in the low .100s after a hot start). Is one of the top receivers in the game, both around the plate, blocking balls, and with thwarting base stealers (He led the NL in CS% last yr, and I believe other times, amongst Catchers who played in 75 G or more). And that play at the plate last week vs Chi-N was classic Martin. Unfortunately, his back is affecting his Defense too; he can't seem to bend for pitches he used to stop in his sleep. His backup, Cervelli (.197), although spunky & feisty (He has a little Pedroia in him; Remy once said he's a pain in the neck - in a Good way), he has come down to earth (after a quantum leap from the low minors in 2010 as an emergency stopgap), and has proven to be a 4A player; with a little league arm. 

And yet, with all this, and their pitching woes, they are tied with the RS at the perch atop the behemoth gauntlet known as the AL East; thanks in part to a superior team ERA (Ranked #11 for NYA in MLB vs #20 for Bos). Who would have thought?

Let me know if I forgot anything.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]NHSteven, did you see Moonslav at the game? He was supposed to be there also. For some reason you sound very much like an agitated Red Sox fan on your above posts and yet you are a Yankee fan. Better yet a Yankee fan who attended a Red Sox game in Pittsburg but resides in NH. What did the Yankees do last night - do you really care? Was Jessey there with you?

To think, there are actually true baseball fans out there: Ones that love the game for the game. Must be hard for you to fathom.
    Did you watch the game?
    Were the white coats near by?
    Did you eat any Burritos?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]Do you ever post anything about baseball?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Perhaps Pike was lured here by the suggestive thread title...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Perhaps Pike was lured here by the suggestive thread title...
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Who do you always put the name Pike in purple? That can't be good for that color.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

It's pink. The scale from high to low:
    blue (reserved for the most important of issues),
    black
    (sign of respect),
    Red/black (ultimate respect)
    Pink - reserved for Law and other levels of low-life posting.
    Yellow - for spineless quitters.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Now I get it; you've used that legend all along; even as far back as when you were  mad at me. However, I think Pike needs his own color. What's the color of vomit?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

You never reached pink status, even in your 2009 troubled posts (and challenging times).

This could serve for vomit.

Pike is deserving of pink as it is the perfect shade for his psychotic obsession.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

nhsteven everybody's favorite Yankee fan!  Not mine though, I don't treat with Yankee fans. 

It's too bad the Yankees don't have forums as good as this one, forcing us to to absorb your posting fetishes. My guess is you got run off of the Yankee forums by being such a wuss.

Even The-Babe disdains you... and that is saying something.

First you say your leaving forever, then you come back and claim its only for a day, and now your saturating the board 24/7 with your boorish posts.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]nhsteven everybody's favorite Yankee fan!  Not mine though, I don't treat with Yankee fans. 

I don't know what that means, but it sounds kind of kinky.  Perhaps you prefer other lascivious acts with pinstripers. 

It's too bad the Yankees don't have forums as good as this one, forcing us to to absorb your posting fetishes. My guess is you got run off of the Yankee forums by being such a wuss. Even The-Babe avoids you...

You say that like it's a negative thing.   

and that is saying something. First you say your leaving forever, then you come back and claim its only for a day,

Sounds like a love song.

and now your saturating the board with your boorish posts.

I thought you were the King of the Boors, like Othello was King of the Moors.

Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Sherrif why are posting here?  I thought you'd be in New York applying for citizenship ....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

How about in Cambodia hiding from border patrols...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]Sherrif why are posting here? 

I not Omar Sherif.

I thought you'd be in New York applying for citizenship ....

Witty repartee?  Baseball talk?  Birther accusations?  I no espeak burrito. 

Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Essential Softy and NHSteven OR What Happened Last Night.? :
    Posted by Sheriff-Rojas[/QUOTE]

It looks like I haven't missed much. The IGNORE button is a beautiful thing.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness-envy. Show harness-envy's posts

very inciteful post steve

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Went to today's game also; a couple of quick items

McDonald (Pitt) Looks like Gooden, has a build like Gooden, and throws like Gooden; except he isn't Gooden.

Ther Pirates have a good looking rookie 3B (d'Arnaud)

Ells's arm is underrated and accurate.

Ortiz hit a monster foul that hit the river.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]very inciteful post steve
    Posted by harness-envy[/QUOTE]

Nice avatar, Wilbur.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Yes. Mr. Ed looks spry.

Sections
Shortcuts