Even though its reportedly done...it's STILL NOT DONE!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Even though its reportedly done...it's STILL NOT DONE!

According to this link:

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/2013/01/18/red-sox-ready-wrap-napoli-deal/P3bvmLFOA6SVkWGGW3SCjN/story.html

Napoli has agreed to a one-year deal with the Red Sox, major league sources said Thursday. The agreement would pay the first baseman a base salary of $5 million, with an additional $8 million possible based on the number of days he spends on the active roster.

But the deal is not completely done, Cherington said Thursday night before taping an appearance at La Salle Academy for NESN.

“It’s fair to say we’ve made some progress in the last day or so,” said the GM. “Hopefully I’ll have something more formal to say soon.”

Just sayin...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: Even though its reportedly done...it's STILL NOT DONE!

I'm OK with a one year deal, though I'd rather not. But I wonder why the deal changed so much. Did they find out something else they're not revealing? And are you under any obligation to disclose things before a team signs you and gives you a physical?

I remember Colon not even revealing he had surgery on his arm prior to his signing - and he's a pitcher. Of course, nothing ever came of that, so maybe you don't really have to offer any information. Of course, the Yankee could have just been pretending not to know since that's probably why they signed him in the first place.

If I were playing in MLB, I wouldn't say a word since other players have proven it doesn't matter. It would be really hard to make a big deal about someone when past players were never penalized for their lack of disclosure.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Its on cots, so Its done...They usually dont post anything til its confirmed...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Its on cots, so Its done...They usually dont post anything til its confirmed...

It's on RedSox.com too, which doesn't post this stuff until it's done...but the comments I stated above that were in the article were from Cherington...so is it done?

Hopefully all that's left is Napoli physically signing the paperwork.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Sox, Napoli make contract official

Mike Napoli's one-year contract was announced by Red Sox general manager Ben Cherington, formally bringing the first baseman into the fold for 2013.   OK, NOW IT'S DONE!!

Sections
Shortcuts