Everybody Hates Raymond

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: Everybody Hates Raymond

In response to jete02fan's comment:

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

If the Rays beat us in this series I will throw myself out a window. Hope that doesn't get posters more on board with the Rays. :)

i hope you're planning to move into a beach house before the end of that series Tongue OutWink

[/QUOTE]

Except beach houses usually land you on the sand. What are you trying to say? SurprisedLaughing

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to S5's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

If the Rays beat us in this series I will throw myself out a window. Hope that doesn't get posters more on board with the Rays. :)

i hope you're planning to move into a beach house before the end of that series Tongue OutWink

[/QUOTE]

She lives in a basement. Tongue Out

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, S5! Yell

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:

[QUOTE]

Don't go through the gass , plese leave window open

[/QUOTE]

Ah. Another poster concerned with....the glass. Windows everywhere appreciate your comment.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to OneMoreMinute's comment:

[QUOTE]

just make sure you are on the first floor or better yet in the basement.

[/QUOTE]

I have two homes, both go up to the second floor, so really three choices -- basement, first floor or the probably recommended second floor. Then there's the roof. I can consider that a fourth choice. This is waay more complicated than I thought.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to S5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

She lives in a basement. Tongue Out

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, S5! Yell

[/QUOTE]

WinkSmile

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

It has nothing to do with payroll and everything to do with the link I posted back on the first page of this thread. 

The Yankees have one of the HIGHEST payrolls in baseball and I find it difficult to decide which team I like less.

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Except beach houses usually land you on the sand. What are you trying to say? SurprisedLaughing

[/QUOTE]LOL..you got it!..i'm saying better to land in the sand than on your sidewalk/ driveway :-)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ABSmoke. Show ABSmoke's posts

I think I currently hate the Rays more than the Yankees. There are many factors: Maddon, the stadium, the lack of fans, Luke Scott, Rodney and his crooked hat/arrow shooting, and all the gimmicks that they do during games. Losing to them is unacceptable, but like many have said, they are the last team I wanted to meet in the ALDS.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc1944. Show MadMc1944's posts

In response to MadMc1944's comment:

It's Maddon and his having a smart _ _ _ answer for every question. I think that's where this dislike starts.

He has the best pitching, probably the best pitching coach currently in baseball, and is a Sports Pschologist without a degree in it and he knows how to manipulate kids and make them believe they can beat anyone and come back from any deficit.

The front office is also pretty amazing: The Gambler--Kenny Rogers---knows when to trade--who to let walk and who to bring in. 

Zobrist, Longoria, Myers, Ecsobar, Jennings, Loney, Molina, Lobaton,Rodriguez, Johnson, Joyce, Fuld, and smoke and mirrors. Delmon Young and DeJesus get picked up and produce when called on. Many, many roll players and only a couple of stars.

They are becoming the team you love to hate. Plus I think about the lack of fans---the fans don't deserve to have a successful team.

Just a comment from Professor Maddon that just endears him to me--rather than just have the players go out and do it, It's:

"We've been playing very well. We've not been making any mistakes. We made a bunch tonight," Rays manager Joe Maddon said. "But I've also learned one other thing regarding baseball: 24 hours can make a huge difference. That's just one game, baby. That's just one. We'll be back tomorrow. I promise you."

Go get 'em Joe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to The4040club's comment:

throw in the fact that they made they dramatically made the post season with a small payroll, makes people really hate them.

That's not really it.  Nobody hates the A's.  The Rays are different.

I am clearly in the minority here. I do not hate the Rays. It would be very easy for this bunch of castoffs and young stars to just throw in the towel, but they don't. They go out and bust their butts even though they play in front of few fans every night in an arena that is a joke. I am not rooting for them, but I don't hate them at all.

[/QUOTE]

I don't hate them either. I admire what they have donw with so little.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

I don't hate them either. I admire what they have done with so little.

(Quote)

The admiration must be from an esoteric perspective. One that gives currency to the whole Moneyball approach to player signings and team roster construction. I can appreciate that too, but I don't let it cloud my fanhood. Are you a fan of the Sox or the statistics? Are they just the engine that spits out numerical widgets to review and contemplate to you? Then how easy you could slip from the Nation to the Evil Empire?

I HATE the Rays. This is the team that vanquished the Yankees, coming back from a  7 run deficit that pushed the Sox from the playoffs in 2011, and by extension made it possible for Bobby V to find gainful emplyment again. ( no small feat that). They spawned Carl Crawford, and gave the Sox fits in Tampa, eevn when they were doormats.

The sooner they chock (sp intentional), the happier I will be. Moon, the Nation is everywhere and doesn't expect too much for citizenship, but hating the Yanks (that should be automatic) and hating the Rays (that's the current fashion) is the common currency that binds us all together. Here are some stats to put it into your language, 100% of Sox fans hate the Yankees, and 99.9% hate the Raymonds. Get with it, man. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tek-9. Show Tek-9's posts

Longoria and Loney are great... the rest of the team can go scratch.

I hate Rodney and Price so much, and then theres baby boy Luke Scott

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tek-9. Show Tek-9's posts

Also not gunna lie I hated Jonny Gomes in Tampa, but he turned me arround in Cincy... Much like Swish who is now my favorite player as an Indian.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

If a moderately successful small-market baseball team inspires hate, perhaps you need to examine your priorities.

Try living life without hate.

http://extra2percent.com/about/

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to youkillus' comment:

Truly, the Tampa Bay Raymonds are the most anoying team in sports. From their indoor dumpster of a stadium, to their no-show fans and dumb cowbells. Throw in their goofy genius manager who out-dumbed everyone by actually batting Carlos Pena, leadoff. What's to like about their show-off closer who mimes arching arrows into the sky after a save? They cast off their best players with nary a care or a thankyou and still compete in the fierce AL east. I can't STAND this team. Go to H-E double hockey sticks Ray.

I respect and admire Madden and the organization for being able to compete so successfully in the AL East season after season.  What bugs me is that all of this competence and success is wasted on a market and fanbase that could hardly give a fecal sample.  Milwaukee, Cleveland, Minnesota, or some smaller market rust belt loyalists deserve this organization and team, not a handful of cowbell shakin' yahoos. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

If a moderately successful small-market baseball team inspires hate, perhaps you need to re-examine your priorities.

I'll leave the hate part alone, but in responding to the article, "If you build it, they will come" doesn't apply here.  They built it (it being the organization), and they still don't come.

Those fans (or non fans) don't deserve what they have.  If you're lucky, they'll sell the Rays and buy the Mariners.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

If a moderately successful small-market baseball team inspires hate, perhaps you need to re-examine your priorities.

I'll leave the hate part alone, but in responding to the article, "If you build it, they will come" doesn't apply here.  They built it (it being the organization), and they still don't come.

Those fans (or non fans) don't deserve what they have.  If you're lucky, they'll sell the Rays and buy the Mariners.

A disparity in home attendance is found in nearly every professional sports league. Consider these 2013 average home attendance numbers:

MLB

34,979 -- Boston Red Sox

21,747 -- Seattle Mariners

18,645 -- Tampa Bay Rays

MLS

43,180 -- Seattle Sounders

20,674 -- Portland Timbers

13,237 -- New England Revolution

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

If a moderately successful small-market baseball team inspires hate, perhaps you need to examine your priorities.

Thanks for the headsup Hill, turns out there is an interview today on MLB.com with Rays president Matt Silverman. I think a key take away is their positive approach in regards to player development. They're not afraid to let the Carl Crawfords walk away, and open a door for the next man in line. The Ellsbury situation is a parralel I believe. While Ells is a very good baseball player, the world does not end tomorrow if he leaves.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Ok I live down here and here is a few things for you....

Longoria and a couple others usually pay no attention to the goings on Maddon does in the locker room like the python, a steel drum band , etc...

Many people down here do not think Maddon is that great they just dislike some of the things he does in game. Believed he stayed with Upton far too long.

This team always fights an uphill battle every season they can not hit and never have been out of the bottom 6 in every year. That actually shows management not to be as great as many think. As in most years  they did not have a 300 hitter one guy at 299 Loneyone at 293 Meyersand one at 275 Zobrist all else below. FYI Longoria has never hit 300 and has only two seasons over 275. The only good home grown player is Longoria all others who have hit came from other teams.

Fernando I never liked as with all who celebrate a TD or HR or save...etc... I hate the antics since most fail more than they succeed. However found out Rodney signs every autograph asked for between innings of every home game. None of the other relievers do.

They need every thing to go right in the playoffs and most of all their pitching to dominate.

LOVE my  Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts