Exactly when did the Red Sox season end?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: Exactly when did the Red Sox season end?

In Response to Re: Exactly when did the Red Sox season end?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Exactly when did the Red Sox season end? : Incredible. Kimmi, this season is OVER. If Crawford didn't get his procedure done until the Red Sox are mathmatically eliminated there is a good chance he won't be ready to start NEXT season. Figures you would "support" Francona here. Its an opinion that is illogical and overly pollyanna.
    Posted by pumpsie-green[/QUOTE]

What part about 'and Orel' did you not understand?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]The season ended when Papi got hurt.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]More likely when WMB went down.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]I say it was when Valentine ripped Youkilis back in spring training. At that time the players all had to have lost total respect for their manager. Lots of posters say that a manager is not that important or that professional players should be able to play no matter what, but good performance stems from respect of the man in charge.  You don't hae to like him, but you have to respect him. If Valentine had only called Youkilis into his office to tell him in person what he told that reporter, the entire season may have been saved.  Valentine had every right to believe what he said, but he just needed to voice his opinion behind closed doors.  Every manager and coach knows not to rip players in public when it can be handled much better in private. After that incident, the entire team could not trust Valentine and I do not blame any one of the players for that feeling. Of course, Valentine's sarcastic comments later on never helped either.
    Posted by charliedarling[/QUOTE]

He has said so many stupid things to the press, I'm wondering if he even has an office.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Motown9009. Show Motown9009's posts

The series against the Blue Jays in July was when I knew it was over. They'd lose some, win some, and I'd think they were going on a run. Then they'd lose again. Win, lose, lose, win, keeping around .500.

They had a comeback walkoff win against the White Sox to either sweep 3 or take 3 of 4 (can't remember), and went into a home series against the last place team in the division. I thought that was the point where they'd start to put together some wins in a row and get back in the hunt....but the Jays blew them out 3 straight and that's when I accepted they weren't making the playoffs.

The clubhouse drama and inept management has at least kept the second half interesting.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Seattle Was The Start Of The Free Fall.........

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE] Seattle Was The Start Of The Free Fall.........
    Posted by 56redsox[/QUOTE]Are you really from Maine?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

The clubhouse drama and inept management has at least kept the second half interesting.

I had a job like that.  The intrigue was deep.  It was actually pretty fun for a while.  Once you get past the bloodshed and the bodies.  I think it's going in that direction.  In two months, some assistant coach will have our longest tenure.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I say it was when Valentine ripped Youkilis back in spring training.

At that time the players all had to have lost total respect for their manager.

He lost the half of the team that might've been on his side.  Since he never had the other half, he was basically down to nothing.  I doubt even Valentine knows, but it would be interesting to find out what he was thinking when he said it.

Sections
Shortcuts