Excited about 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Re: Excited about 2013

In response to Polly-'s comment:

By different means that you can't handle a bridge year?

Standing in Golden Gate Park today - Bridge Year took on a whole new meaning ...  and in the end, it turmed into a human powered wonder....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

I think theres only one answer moon, we are sox fans who all hope it will finally be different.

GREAT answer craze!

I'm hoping it will finally be different as well, but with our player's ages and recent injury histories, I'm not holding my breath on the health issue.

Moon, is this not what spring is about? To hope to have a healthy team? Should that not be part of our excitement. A team that appears to have no ego's (although we know that is not completely possible) to hope for a miracle? "1967" Ya just never, never know my friend.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

In response to SinceYaz's comment:

Standing in Golden Gate Park today - Bridge Year took on a whole new meaning ...  and in the end, it turmed into a human powered wonder....

Morning my friend, hope you had a great day yesterday. Who knows I may have stood in the very same spot you were standing. Years ago my work took me there often and I would bring the boss (Wife) with me. We loved our times on the west coast.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Excited about 2013

In response to Promise4you2's comment:

Morning my friend, hope you had a great day yesterday. Who knows I may have stood in the very same spot you were standing. Years ago my work took me there often and I would bring the boss (Wife) with me. We loved our times on the west coast.

Good morning, indeed, my friend!

Going old school ... "It's a beautiful morning ... ahaaa"  (Rascals ....  close to that memorable '67 team!)

I can see why you love birds liked the city by the Bay ... as usual, pics don't satisfy the real thing.

And yes, I do think we've got a good shot!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

Good morning, indeed, my friend!

Going old school ... "It's a beautiful morning ... ahaaa"  (Rascals ....  close to that memorable '67 team!)

I can see why you love birds liked the city by the Bay ... as usual, pics don't satisfy the real thing.

And yes, I do think we've got a good shot!

Ah, his name was Yaz, or was it Rico, the Boomer, or Reggie? Maybe it was Longorg or Rohr or maybe it was Tony C that has made me feel, the season is not over until it ends. A childs dream of his team that ends when the season ends. I like this team, it is going to be a fun year! And the kids are coming soon!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I think theres only one answer moon, we are sox fans who all hope it will finally be different.

GREAT answer craze!

I'm hoping it will finally be different as well, but with our player's ages and recent injury histories, I'm not holding my breath on the health issue.

Moon, is this not what spring is about? To hope to have a healthy team? Should that not be part of our excitement. A team that appears to have no ego's (although we know that is not completely possible) to hope for a miracle? "1967" Ya just never, never know my friend.

I have not given up hope, my firend. 

I do, however, try to be realistic. For 5 seasons now, I have been hoping that our team stays healthy, particularly the starting pitchers. I have wished for another top starting pitcher each winter, so we wouldn't have to count on the "big 3" to all be healthy and on top of their games at the same time, but it has never happened. It doesn't mean it can't happen in 2013, and I am pulling for it to happen as much as anyone on this board.

But, I'm not kidding myself, Promise, we are not younger this year, and a few players we signed have serious injuries (Naps & Drew), and some of our own players have had recent injury histories- some are the types that may continue (Buchholtz, Papi, Kalish) while others seem freakish in nature or not expected to be reoccuring (Ellsbury, Bailey, Lackey, Middlebrooks). Dempster and D Ross are past prime, and Victorino is nearing past prime. Pedey has shown signs of nagging injuries. Lester has lost velocity. Doubront might be pulling another Doubront ('11). I'm just not feeling all that excited about our health outlook.

Maybe living in Texas, where spring begins right after fall, I'm missing out on the spring fever aspect of spring baseball fever. I am, hoever, hoping and praying for the best.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

Selenium- / Pike,

I take you at your word, that you are the Red Sox fan you claim to be.  Why not feel secure in your own Red Sox fandom, and ignore those you deem to be fools, pretenders, trolls, nay sayers, and the like?  Why the constant hand wringing? 

Personally, I love it when folks disagree with me.  I'm not threatened in the least.  Sometimes I actually re-think a spur of the moment post, and realize I was simply blowing hot air.  More often than not, the opposition is playing shorthanded, and I double down on my strong suit (to mix a sports metaphor).

Do you really want to sound like the whiny __________ kimsay, who never stops complaining about the mean Yankee fans on this board?  Come on now!  You gotta let it go, as the perseverant thinking boarders on Stiffy like manic-depressive, obsessive compulsive lunacy.

You seem like a bright guy.  Relax & be secure in your Red Sox / baseball opinions.  I know I'm always right.  Just relax & enjoy it.

redsoxdirtdog :)  Soon to be resurrected

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

p.s.  Sox win 87 games :) 

Lester wins 17

Buch 15

Dempster 11

Dubby 10

Lackey 12 > w/ 5.00 ERA  (Shocking this dog!  Sox avg 5.75 runs per Lackey start)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

In response to RSdirtdogOR's comment:

Selenium- / Pike,

I take you at your word, that you are the Red Sox fan you claim to be.  Why not feel secure in your own Red Sox fandom, and ignore those you deem to be fools, pretenders, trolls, nay sayers, and the like?  Why the constant hand wringing? 

Personally, I love it when folks disagree with me.  I'm not threatened in the least.  Sometimes I actually re-think a spur of the moment post, and realize I was simply blowing hot air.  More often than not, the opposition is playing shorthanded, and I double down on my strong suit (to mix a sports metaphor).

Do you really want to sound like the whiny __________ kimsay, who never stops complaining about the mean Yankee fans on this board?  Come on now!  You gotta let it go, as the perseverant thinking boarders on Stiffy like manic-depressive, obsessive compulsive lunacy.

You seem like a bright guy.  Relax & be secure in your Red Sox / baseball opinions.  I know I'm always right.  Just relax & enjoy it.

redsoxdirtdog :)  Soon to be resurrected

Makes sense to me.

But the first mistake you made is that you assume you are dealing with someone who is sane.

I've never followed the whole Pike nonsense.  I've heard it or several years now, but I simply have ignored it.  I don't really care either way, I just hate to see somebody so tortured.  Seems like a reasonably bright guy on occasion, but I really haven't read much from him.  He sounds like a Sox fan.  Is it just the itching and moaning that gets to folks?  Even if he's a bit out there, if he loves the Sox he can't be all bad???

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

Why do I feel like the mods are a bunch of mamby pamby busybodies?  My god!  They remove posts about every 10 seconds.  Can they possibly get a LIFE???

I still love it!  They banned that redsoxdirtdog guy simply for calling out Stiffy on his race baiting & racial demagoguery, but Stiffy still remains???  Wankers!

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

[QUOTE]

Why do I feel like the mods are a bunch of mamby pamby busybodies?  My god!  They remove posts about every 10 seconds.  Can they possibly get a LIFE???

I still love it!  They banned that redsoxdirtdog guy simply for calling out Stiffy on his race baiting & racial demagoguery, but Stiffy still remains???  Wankers!

[/QUOTE

They have a list of rules that you must follow. 

Yes!  and they seem to hold many to that standard, especially when calling out Stiffy for his race baiting & racial demagoguery, while often ignoring his the games Stiffy plays.  In short, they seem to be more concerned with those calling out Stiffy than the vile and provocative musings of the Stiff one???

Why do they protect Stiffy?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

Why do they allow yapping chiwawas on the board?  :)  LOL

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

Random thought of the day....

If Pedroia moves 2 inches closer to the plate, he hits +20 HR, .310+ avg, 65+ RBI's, .375+OBP, .720+OPS, and the Red Sox win the World Series :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

9 years ago, when I lived in Maine, I used to get the Globe delivered to my home. I haven't since then, and I don't get banned or censored.

Hmmm....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

9 years ago, when I lived in Maine, I used to get the Globe delivered to my home. I haven't since then, and I don't get banned or censored.

Hmmm....

LOL!  Are you implying that I might have been too provocative in another life?  Are you saying it's my fault.  Stop blaming the victim LOL....  

The BDC standard is laughable though!  If you call out Stiffy for his vile rhetoric, BDC calls it a "personal attack," and bans you.  CRAZY!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

GREAT answer craze!

I have not given up hope, my firend. 

I do, however, try to be realistic. For 5 seasons now, I have been hoping that our team stays healthy, particularly the starting pitchers. I have wished for another top starting pitcher each winter, so we wouldn't have to count on the "big 3" to all be healthy and on top of their games at the same time, but it has never happened. It doesn't mean it can't happen in 2013, and I am pulling for it to happen as much as anyone on this board.

But, I'm not kidding myself, Promise, we are not younger this year, and a few players we signed have serious injuries (Naps & Drew), and some of our own players have had recent injury histories- some are the types that may continue (Buchholtz, Papi, Kalish) while others seem freakish in nature or not expected to be reoccuring (Ellsbury, Bailey, Lackey, Middlebrooks). Dempster and D Ross are past prime, and Victorino is nearing past prime. Pedey has shown signs of nagging injuries. Lester has lost velocity. Doubront might be pulling another Doubront ('11). I'm just not feeling all that excited about our health outlook.

Maybe living in Texas, where spring begins right after fall, I'm missing out on the spring fever aspect of spring baseball fever. I am, hoever, hoping and praying for the best.

I have to agree, we are older and and seem to have some injury prone players. But still spring and new flowers are coming soon. My best friend at work lives in the Woodlands and works out of my companies Houston offfice. She moved from Michigan to Texas and loves it there. I would like to escape  this cold winter myself!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Hmmm....

LOL!  Are you implying that I might have been too provocative in another life?  Are you saying it's my fault.  Stop blaming the victim LOL....  

The BDC standard is laughable though!  If you call out Stiffy for his vile rhetoric, BDC calls it a "personal attack," and bans you.  CRAZY!

I'm not sure what their criteria is, but I have been calling out softy for years, and I have never been banned. I think they censored a couple of my posts years ago on softy's thread about AGon never going to sign an extension in April. I called him a liar and unethical, and they removed 2-3 of my posts.

Softy is a racist, bigot, liar and master of misinformation and misrepresentation. He has also made more personal attacks than the next worst 10 posters combined.

(Let's see if this post gets deleted.) 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I have to agree, we are older and and seem to have some injury prone players. But still spring and new flowers are coming soon. My best friend at work lives in the Woodlands and works out of my companies Houston offfice. She moved from Michigan to Texas and loves it there. I would like to escape  this cold winter myself!

Th e Woodlands is a beautiful part of SE Texas, but I live on the otherside of town in Sugar Land- home of Roger Clemens & Tom Delay (I'm so proud! LOL).

There are flowers here year round, palm trees, warm winters, etc... Maybe I just can't "feel" the spring fever as much as days gone past, but I am excited about the baseball season about to begin. I try to be optimistic, and actually think I have been one of the most optimistic Sox fans on this site over the past 5 years. I am usually one of the last posters to give up on a season, but maybe I have just finally got some sense knocked into me after coming up so short the last few years. I know good health could happen any year now, but I'm done counting on it, and find it hard to think it is even a realistic thing to hope for. I like our depth this year, so maybe we can handle a few injuries and still do well. I'm hoping for the best.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

Predictions

I dont like facts, they cloud my irresponsible Judgement!

I often go back to read what i wrote only to find out it's not what I said!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

In response to softlaw2's comment:

I have no doubt that the team is good.

Joe, did you have any doubt about the 2012 team being "good"?  I have serious doubts about the 2013 Red Sox being good, to the point where I would have offered Ortiz a one year take it or leave it retirement contract, with a team option, of no more than 15M, as well as trading Ellsbury and the nearly sure draft compensation to the highest winter bidder. I would have done the Napoli damaged goods contract, but I would have laughed at Shane (patched with R. Johnson and minor league contract offers to Pods and Sizemore) and passed on Drew. Gomes is alright as a platoon guy.

This GM will rue those contracts to Shane and Dumpster, as well as passing a windfall chance to trade Ellsbury at the end of 2011. J. Upton was cheap on the trade market, and would have taken care of LF for many years to come.

Joe, how much confidence have you had in Red Sox middle management, since Duquette left? Right now, Joe, are you confident that current Red Sox middle management will get playoff wins over the next two years?

You do realize that siezmore has had 2 knee surgeries and a back surgery the last 2 years and wont be ready to play until maybe mid-season, right?

Theres a reason why hes still available...

Always nice to go back and review my little debates with Softy.

Sections
Shortcuts