Excuses instead of Accountability for Big Mistakes

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Excuses instead of Accountability for Big Mistakes

Huh? Sorry, but that makes no sense at all. Even for you. And that's saying a lot.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

another dumb thread by guess who...

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

softy you should put this to music, or rap over it and send us the mp3 file

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

they cut bait and are now fishing with a short line.  We didn't go out and spend crazy on lengthy contracts.  We're rebuilding

That's some expensive "fishing short line". 150 million plus is the most expensive "rebuilding" I have ever heard of in world history.

I'm adding those to my list of excuses.

What baseball team do you actually cheer for? Because no way in hell could it be the Red Sox.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Mistakes are made to be overcome, not marinated over time and time again until the subject isn't a roast anymore but just dead meat.  How does that help anything or anyone?

Mistakes are made to become places of strength instead of continued weakness.  Only if you keep breaking a bone over and over does it eventually become weaker at the mesh point.  I double fractured my left arm wrestling ... it took a long time for it to heal completely.  But now, that simple error in balance that cost me over a year of pain has been one of the strongest pair of bones I have.

Mistakes are to be measured as often as needed and then addressed with the proper measurement - applied and secured - to make things better.  There is no need to complain if a house has had its counter tops miscut the first time or two if all else finally comes together, including the tops, to give one a solid place of existence.  Only the sour pusses of life have to keep on saying, "do you know how many times I had to ...."  Enjoy the blessing of the home, be glad you're not homeless ....

Mistakes made in the ethereal world of action and reaction, performance and injury are not exact sciences - at best they are decent hypotheses.  It isn't the same as using one's slide rule to attain the exact measure and angle needed to lift an earthbound ship into a breakaway speed and make it a space ship.  Building a baseball team is both good coaching, scouting, performance and fate,  That round ball and extended splinter of wood are not made to be exacting tools like a t-square and level. 

It becomes ridiculous to mope over those things that cannot be changed, whether one sees them as an error in judgment or just plain stupidity.  We cannot change the year and a month that were last season plus. But to believe that we must somehow now exact some punishment over them is nuts.  The punishment was living through them.  The powers that be DID try to make ammends ... see the trade of the century and the release of Bobby V as evidence toward that as a start.  A start.

It's time to live in the now.  Time to forget what ever harm you have felt due to the past.  We realize you were personally harmed to such a degree that you have become manic about it.  See a counselor.  Take out the old trash.  Open the windows of your house and let out the stench you have made of your place in life … let the clean, fresh winds of spring blow.  We all realize you have been traumatized and are very sad for you.  None of us want you to suffer as deeply as you are.  Find a way, a person, a mantra, a prayer that will help you turn away from that inner darkness and back to the marvelous smell of grass, cool but warming days, spring breezes and the shouts of players and fans alike. 

PLAY!    I say, PLAY BALL!!!! Stop the Inquisition.  Let sleeping dogs lie and DIRT DOGS PLAY!!!!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to SinceYaz's comment:

Mistakes are made to be overcome, not marinated over time and time again until the subject isn't a roast anymore but just dead meat.  How does that help anything or anyone?

Mistakes are made to become places of strength instead of continued weakness.  Only if you keep breaking a bone over and over does it eventually become weaker at the mesh point.  I double fractured my left arm wrestling ... it took a long time for it to heal completely.  But now, that simple error in balance that cost me over a year of pain has been one of the strongest pair of bones I have.

Mistakes are to be measured as often as needed and then addressed with the proper measurement - applied and secured - to make things better.  There is no need to complain if a house has had its counter tops miscut the first time or two if all else finally comes together, including the tops, to give one a solid place of existence.  Only the sour pusses of life have to keep on saying, "do you know how many times I had to ...."  Enjoy the blessing of the home, be glad you're not homeless ....

Mistakes made in the ethereal world of action and reaction, performance and injury are not exact sciences - at best they are decent hypotheses.  It isn't the same as using one's slide rule to attain the exact measure and angle needed to lift an earthbound ship into a breakaway speed and make it a space ship.  Building a baseball team is both good coaching, scouting, performance and fate,  That round ball and extended splinter of wood are not made to be exacting tools like a t-square and level. 

It becomes ridiculous to mope over those things that cannot be changed, whether one sees them as an error in judgment or just plain stupidity.  We cannot change the year and a month that were last season plus. But to believe that we must somehow now exact some punishment over them is nuts.  The punishment was living through them.  The powers that be DID try to make ammends ... see the trade of the century and the release of Bobby V as evidence toward that as a start.  A start.

It's time to live in the now.  Time to forget what ever harm you have felt due to the past.  We realize you were personally harmed to such a degree that you have become manic about it.  See a counselor.  Take out the old trash.  Open the windows of your house and let out the stench you have made of your place in life … let the clean, fresh winds of spring blow.  We all realize you have been traumatized and are very sad for you.  None of us want you to suffer as deeply as you are.  Find a way, a person, a mantra, a prayer that will help you turn away from that inner darkness and back to the marvelous smell of grass, cool but warming days, spring breezes and the shouts of players and fans alike. 

PLAY!    I say, PLAY BALL!!!! Stop the Inquisition.  Let sleeping dogs lie and DIRT DOGS PLAY!!!!

Amen Rev.!!!  :)  Oh the dirtdog will play!

The perseverant Stiffster???  You give that dog a bone, and he will chew it until it's gone & immediately look for more bones to gnaw on. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to SinceYaz's comment:

Great post.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Mistakes must be admitted. Responsiblity for mistakes must be fully accepted. I not, you get the same mistakes being repeated.

Excuses are not accountability for big mistakes.

Management is off to a terrible start with "Drew was signed to be the starting SS so it's his job when he returns". Playing time decisions to try and validate contract decisions is not merit.

If Iglesias does a great job on defense and demonstrates on the field that he can put together enough quality plate appearances that he nets better production from both sides of the ball, then Drew getting paid 10 or 100 million a year should have nothing to do with the decision on the playing time or a roster spot. Drew should have to compete for the job.

Again I challenge you to supply one single post where you had something good to say about the Red Sox. Not only do I not think you can, I'm sure you can't.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

softy you should put this to music, or rap over it and send us the mp3 file

Good one.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

To cut off your inevitable demagoguery, I fully agree that Romney and McCain were losing tickets.  I said so well before both races were under way.

THE PROBLEM????

Myopic thinkers in your FAR RIGHT EXTREME wing of the party insist upon putting up LOONS like Rick Perry, Rick Santorum, Sarah Palin, The Pizza Man (drawing a blank on his name), Newt (who is brilliant, but hopelessly marginalized), etc...   etc....  Therefor, you and those like you, who couldn't think your way out of a paper bag, guarantee DEFEAT and further driving our party toward obscurity.

I get it!  You're precisely as dim witted as you appear to be.... 

As a libertarian I agree with on several fiscal issue but for different reasons probably. It is alarming that some in the GOP would go after Huntsmen and Portman because they support gay marriage. What ever happened to limiting government in someone's personal life? How can you be upset with Bloomberg banning Big Glups but opposed two non related adults from spending their lives together?

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts