Expanded Replay

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Expanded Replay

MLB will put expanded replay in all games in 2014. However, it's not like you would think, having an extra umpire in the booth at each game. The calls for all games will be coming from a central point in New York. That's right. The calls will be decided by one team's headquarters. That includes games they're in, in case you're wondering.

They've already made the calls for replay so stringent, do they really have to regulate it to one team's home base? And how does one team still hold such an advantage over the others? Shouldn't that be passe by now?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: Expanded Replay

The umpires are all based out of New York, and let's not even get into the money tree they have growing there. They just cleared NY in time for the Tanaka wars. How much more can possibly be done in their favor before other teams start to say, "Hey, ya know, we're here. We're not just the teams the Yankees play against."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

And isn't having New York as the central point deciding replay decisions the same as not having expanded replay at all?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

I don't think the Mets will have that much of an advantage.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

luckily they inserted my provision in time, all replays during any and every Sunday night Yanks/Sox game will be looked at.....Monday morning Tongue Out

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Joe Torre is probably completely unaware there's a team even called the Mets.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

luckily they inserted my provision in time, all replays during any and every Sunday night Yanks/Sox game will be looked at.....Monday morning Tongue Out

[/QUOTE]

LOL. When the games actually end!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Looking forward to more vague "obstruction" calls. Torre seems to love those calls.

Maybe they can do the Top 10 obstruction calls of the year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Since he managed and played for them for a few seasons, I doubt it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Since he managed and played for them for a few seasons, I doubt it.

[/QUOTE]

That's shocking to me. I guess the Mets have nothing to worry about. It's amazing no one ever talks about Torre and the Mets. His whole persona is so wrapped around the Yankees, it's like nothing else ever existed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I think I figured out why New York is always central for everything in baseball. No one objects. No one believes it matters. It's incredible how easy it is for them to continue to say, "Hey, we'll decide that." It really is unbelievable.

If I had a team in MLB, I'd be questioning why everything is New York Central -- especially if New York was my number one rival.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

As I understand it both teams will have two challenges and all replays will now be shown on the scoreboards in all parks. My only issue with what I understand to be what can and can not be challenged by the opposing manager is the "neighborhood play" which will not be reviewable. Which is counter intuitive to the goal of getting the calls right. 

Have we seen the last of the great tirades by the skipper storming the field and getting nose to nose with blue... Getting tossed then going ballistic? In the interest of progress the game will lose a little of it's history and color...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As I understand it both teams will have two challenges and all replays will now be shown on the scoreboards in all parks. 

What this will in effect do is remove the manager storming the field and arguing with the umpires.

[/QUOTE]

I think having the replays on the scoreboard may help to get the call right. That's a great addition to the game. They did, however, mete out the challenges as, I believe, only one for the first 6 innings.

I think the challenges should be used whenever you want to use them as after using your first one, all bets are off for the other innings until the end of the game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]

I think I figured out why New York is always central for everything in baseball. No one objects. No one believes it matters. It's incredible how easy it is for them to continue to say, "Hey, we'll decide that." It really is unbelievable.

If I had a team in MLB, I'd be questioning why everything is New York Central -- especially if New York was my number one rival.

[/QUOTE]

Kim,

MLB headquarters are located in New York...While I do think that some bias exist in the interest of protecting the financial interest of the most profitable team and market in the game. I trust that Bud Selig and the leadership of the league would not inpune the integrity of the games themselves. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Kim,

MLB headquarters are located in New York...While I do think that some bias exist in the interest of protecting the financial interest of the most profitable team and market in the game. I trust that Bud Selig and the leadership of the league would not inpune the integrity of the games themselves. 

[/QUOTE]

Fair enough, Bean. I hope you're right. I know there are lesser games that no one pays that much attention to, that decide who will be playing their most lucrative team. I'm for fairness across the board, for all teams -- even if it doesn't work out in our favor.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] back to the "figuring" board Kim Tongue OutWink

Sections
Shortcuts