Expectation Hyperbole

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Re: Expectation Hyperbole

No he didn't, any run is part of the total runs it takes to win. Wrong again, loser.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Where did you learn about baseball? Romper-room?
    The decisive run is the winning run. Once Jenks blew it, Papi's runs meant nothing. The team keeps playing if CC doesn't deliver.

The bottom line to athletic competition is winning. Get it clown?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I don't know what the expectations of Pedroia were this year, but his defense is gold-glove caliber. That play he made on a pitcher-deflected hard shot up the middle was amazing. He speared it going against his momentum. I saw Gonzo do that once. My mouth dropped in amazement.

Then Pedey wears out Weaver in a 13-pitch at bat. Weaver is gonna remember that one as his season progresses. Pedey is amazing. His spirit knows no quitting.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Expectation Hyperbole:
    I don't know what the expectations of Pedroia were this year, but his defense is gold-glove caliber. That play he made on a pitcher-deflected hard shot up the middle was amazing. He speared it going against his momentum. I saw Gonzo do that once. My mouth dropped in amazement. Then Pedey wears out Weaver in a 13-pitch at bat. Weaver is gonna remember that one as his season progresses. Pedey is amazing. His spirit knows no quitting.
    Posted by harness

Agreed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

I, honestly, think it's team chemistry. New players added, players who are back from injuries and didn't play part of last season. Everyone is under pressure to perform, and may be in their own world (or mindset). What this team needs is a goofball -- a Millar (or dare I say it, Damon) type player. Someone who brings the team together and "lightens" the mood. I know it sounds naive, but they need to put the fun back into playing, and, more importantly, playing TOGETHER. JMO
    Posted by kimsaysthis

I happen to agree with Kim. There seems to be a lack of cohesion on this team, and certainly, lack of leadership. Maybe a clown is just what the doctor ordered!
    Last year, the antics seem to come from Vmart, messing with Beltre's dome. Things are not light-hearted in the RS dugout.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

On a positive note, I think Salty did well today...offense + defense....he almost threw out Ichiro with a great throw.
    Posted by ampoule

Yeah! Bet he's great at horseshoes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dangerfeld. Show Dangerfeld's posts

I'll bet that you and Andrewmitch have a similar DNA.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

You could be right Ike. The team might need a clown to keep things light. You know, a dim-wit like Manny who is oblivious to pressure.

Have you considered sending them UR resume?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Once Jenks blew it, Papi's runs meant nothing. The team keeps playing if CC doesn't deliver.

The bottom line to athletic competition is winning. Get it
    clown

Look, you phony old loser coot. 1 does not = nothing, you idiot!!!! Of course Papi's run counts as a run. Stupid fool!!!!!!!!!!

You fraud, you don't know the first thing about athletic competition.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I seriously doubt you could master a game of tiddly-winks.
    Athletic competition is about winning. That's why they keep the stat
    "winning run".
    I can understand your inability to comprehend this difficult concept.
    It's something you can't relate to.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Only an idiot would buy into the notion that what is done in an earlier portion of the game counts as zero later in the game. And, winning is the result of the entire team performance, not "the winning run". Only a loser wouldn't know that. Every great competitior understand that what happens at the start will be just as important as what happens at the end. Losers don't understand that. You are a loser. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

The fact you can not acknowledge Crawford driving in the winning run puts you out to lunch. I said he drove in the game winner. You disputed that. Here's a brain booster: The one who crossed that finish line first is the winner. Get it?

"Gee. I fought the good fight, ma. But I lost". What will people in Boston remember about 2004? How about the ones in NY? Or St. Louis?

How do fans recall '86?

You are a fool. You are still sulking because Theo went after Crawford. You said he wouldn't. You can't handle being wrong. You never will, despite a ton of practice at it. Now anything Ellsbury or CC or Lowrie or Wake or Tek does to help the team will be ignored. You are truly a basket case.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

The fact you can not acknowledge Crawford driving in the winning run puts you out to lunch. I said he drove in the game winner. You disputed that. Here's a brain booster: The one who crossed that finish line first is the winner. Get it? "Gee. I fought the good fight, ma. But I lost". What will people in Boston remember about 2004? How about the ones in NY? Or St. Louis? How do fans recall '86? You are a fool. You are still sulking because Theo went after Crawford. You said he wouldn't. You can't handle being wrong. You never will, despite a ton of practice at it. Now anything Ellsbury or CC or Lowrie or Wake or Tek does to help the team will be ignored. You are truly a basket case.
    Posted by harness

However, I always thought within a given game that having many LOBs with RISP in the early innings was always a bad sign.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Creating opportunities is what constitutes offensive production. But I agree with you Steve in that not capitalizing on them can affect the game's momentum.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I live in Oregon? If U feel the need to continue to label people, try being accurate.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

I thought that GM lived in North Carolina. So why is he available to converse with Harness who lives in Oregon at the drop of a hat at 5 a.m.? Does Softlaw who plays golf at the HARNESS track in Charlotte putting us on or is Harness putting us on? So many posters on on 5 a.m., are they all one person? Where is that self proclaimed medical expert from Oregon. Isn't there a Softlaw Corporation in Oregon. Isn't Ellsbury from an indian reservation in Oregon andwent to Oregon State Univ.? Isn't Jed Lowrie from that area also? Too many thingsadding up here. Why is half the 5 a.m. crowd from the Northwest? Hill pretends to be a Seattle fan.
    Posted by pike

Why is pike so unhappy?

Let's all hope pike achieves peace of mind.

PS: I've never posted at 5 a.m. Eastern time.

PPS: Jacoby Ellsbury never lived on the Warm Springs Reservation near his hometown of Madras, Oregon.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Pike's got so many different identities coming off his key board, he's losing touch with reality.

Anyone who posts at an early hour must be originating off the same PC.

Put on your mask Pike. Enjoy the show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of7_K1e_x3Y

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

In Response; to Expectation Hyperbole:
    The RedSox were forced to over-spend this winter to replace the production they lost by not retaining Beltre/VMART. As a result, the press saw this as coupling Boston with NY in regards to payroll expenditure. Suddenly, NY is supposed to be this underdog and Boston fan expectation shot up like mercury on a record-setting summer day. Now, the team is simply following tradition in that they have never been able to rise to unrealistic expectations. I honestly hope the spoiled fan-base continues to cry in their milk. It may very well allow this team to start playing like they are capable of, instead of playing as if they are afraid to lose. NY is the team that has the greatest revenue. They still outspend every other team in baseball. I strongly suggest fans get a grip on reality. Don't swallow the hyperbole of perceived expectation. 
    Posted by harness

Sections
Shortcuts