Explosions at Boston Marathon

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Re: Explosions at Boston Marathon

I would like to express my deepest appreciation to our brother and sister fans from not only New York but from all over the country that have expressed their outrage and support to the people involved and the city of boston. I am so angry right now I have not the words. Our world unfortunately is filled with extremely evil people. those bombs were loaded with ball bearings and nails. Thanks to the man upstairs that only 2 of the four IED's went off. Mark my words, the people that did this will be caught and brought to justice. Jetes, you know me. when you and Jess said that New York had our backs you brought tears to my eyes. Thanks. I would also like to ask those that our local to boston please go donate a pint of blood at any one of a number of hospitals on brookline ave or where ever. sorry, I can't type anymore.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

The reason we try to determine a motive is to hope to prevent these acts of terrorism in the future.

Who is the "we" you are referring to?

If this was an act of organized Muslim militiants, we need new leadership if our electrive leader is still trying to determine a motive. If this were the case, it absolutely is not a criminal justice case for the feds, it is a national defense issue.   

=====================================

Re: "The reason we try to determine a motive is to hope to prevent these acts of terrorism in the future."  

What do you mean whom do I mean by "WE" ???  Naturally all peace loving people, Americans & all others.

You have omitted the next sentence: "If it is determined to be done by Islamist Terrorists, it is added to their long list of wishing to do us harm."

The Islamic religion professes that an infidel is anyone who does not believe in them and if they can not be converted, they must be killed !!!  I said, if done by a Muslim terrorist group, then add it to their long list of wanting to do us harm. It has still not been determined who did this...of course it's a national defense issue if Muslim related !!! In my previous post, I attempted to explain our course of action if a homegrown terrorist act. Find out the motive, if we can, so as to prevent it from happening again if possible.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

I would like to express my deepest appreciation to our brother and sister fans from not only New York but from all over the country that have expressed their outrage and support to the people involved and the city of boston. I am so angry right now I have not the words. Our world unfortunately is filled with extremely evil people. those bombs were loaded with ball bearings and nails. Thanks to the man upstairs that only 2 of the four IED's went off. Mark my words, the people that did this will be caught and brought to justice. Jetes, you know me. when you and Jess said that New York had our backs you brought tears to my eyes. Thanks. I would also like to ask those that our local to boston please go donate a pint of blood at any one of a number of hospitals on brookline ave or where ever. sorry, I can't type anymore.

sorry for the double post.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Classy from the Windy City:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/hockey/blackhawks/chi-tribune-sports-tribute-to-boston-20130416,0,5462255.story

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

Hammah , as another New Yorker, and one who walked home from Manhattan on 9/11 you can be assured that Nyers understand what Bostonians are going through and support them fully. Boston is a fantastic city and its people's wonderful attitude on life makes it my favorite city to visit(that and the Sox)....this tragedy should not and cannot change that.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

I agree with ms_obstinate and jackbu.  IF the marathon continues, and I think it will, there will be some big changes in crowd control.  There will either be no spectators allowed near the finish line or we'll have to produce a picture ID to get into a "safe zone", much like the TSA does now before entering a plane.  Bags, backpacks and purses will be checked upon entry.  This will mean that access will be limited through a certain number of gates where ID's will be checked and the lines to get in will be long.  In short it'll be just like flying. It'll be one more hassle.   

It's been apparent for some time that one of the goals of the terrorist organizations is to disrupt the free and unfettered way of life we have in this country.  Unfortunately they're succeeding.  We're justifiably becoming a nation of mistrust and fear at the hands of these terrorists.  They have stripped away one of the great benefits of living in this country - freedom to do as we please, when we please.  The terrorists envy our way of life and our prosperity and are determined to destroy it. 

Unfortunately they are winning and there's nothing we as good, honest, law-abiding citizens can do about it.

Oh, and Lloyd's transcript of Menino's speech was classic.  :-)))

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to ddimaria's comment:

All I can do is say thank god BDC reintroduced the ignore button.  Once again Softlaw and Bill inject politics in a thread.  They both disgust me to no end.. I don't know either from a hole in the wall but as a fellow veteran I am even more disgusted by Bill-806.  

"Recreation place violence"  !!!    BTW,   hows things going out there in FORT HOOD ?????

People have harped on you in the past for making everything political Bill... this crosses the line and I once again reported you.. they will probably do nothing about it but I am sick sick sick of reading your drivel.  It is in appropriate and unnecessary...

I hope no one on these boards ever have to experience a loss like that which occured yesterday.  I am not a religious person but I hope and pray that they find the person responsible for this.. whether it be foreign or domestic I could care less... as long as we do not have to share the air on this Earth with them for much longer...

As Dad would say, Bill-806 you disappoint me over and over and I am disgusted to call you 'son'. 

Stop right there with that kind of talk....  Politics ????  No one is talking POLITICS here, we are talking facts as they are related to yesterdays despicable events...... My GOSH, how else can you lay out to America the events and the continued ramifications....  Our land is not as safe today as it was the 8 years after 9/11.......  You may not like my delivery, but there is no "sugar coating" coming from here.......  Anyone out there today that thinks it's business as usual is sadly mistaken...... BTW, we are in this place today because as the speaches from the top all the way down to Mennino end, the plot goes on to destroy the  U S A  !!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to tomnev's comment:

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

Hammah , as another New Yorker, and one who walked home from Manhattan on 9/11 you can be assured that Nyers understand what Bostonians are going through and support them fully. Boston is a fantastic city and its people's wonderful attitude on life makes it my favorite city to visit(that and the Sox)....this tragedy should not and cannot change that.  

Thanks Tom for your kind words. As I stated previously, I have a cousin that is a NYFD veteran from 911. we spoke last night on the phone and he expressed to me how the NYPD and NYFD are in complete lock step with their brother police and firefighters from boston. Only by the good grace of the lord above this terrorist act could have been much much more devestating had those IED's went off earlier when the finish line was completely packed with spectators. They will find and bring to justice the dirty SOB'S that were responsible for this.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to ddimaria's comment:

All I can do is say thank god BDC reintroduced the ignore button.  Once again Softlaw and Bill inject politics in a thread.  They both disgust me to no end.. I don't know either from a hole in the wall but as a fellow veteran I am even more disgusted by Bill-806.  

"Recreation place violence"  !!!    BTW,   hows things going out there in FORT HOOD ?????

People have harped on you in the past for making everything political Bill... this crosses the line and I once again reported you.. they will probably do nothing about it but I am sick sick sick of reading your drivel.  It is in appropriate and unnecessary...

I hope no one on these boards ever have to experience a loss like that which occured yesterday.  I am not a religious person but I hope and pray that they find the person responsible for this.. whether it be foreign or domestic I could care less... as long as we do not have to share the air on this Earth with them for much longer...

As Dad would say, Bill-806 you disappoint me over and over and I am disgusted to call you 'son'. 

Stop right there with that kind of talk....  Politics ????  No one is talking POLITICS here, we are talking facts as they are related to yesterdays despicable events...... My GOSH, how else can you lay out to America the events and the continued ramifications....  Our land is not as safe today as it was the 8 years after 9/11.......  You may not like my delivery, but there is no "sugar coating" coming from here.......  Anyone out there today that thinks it's business as usual is sadly mistaken...... BTW, we are in this place today because as the speaches from the top all the way down to Mennino end, the plot goes on to destroy the  U S A  !!!

Why is our land not as safe as it was for 8 years after 9/11?

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

In fact, there is nothing political in my comments. However, your animus is driven by political viewpoint on issues that preceded this media driven narrative.

There is no artifice "grief stricken City of Boston", there are grief stricken people impacted and affected by the acts of violence affected, not people engaging in a superficial narrative of the message being broadcast by the media to evoke a narrative of vicarous emotional commentary from people who have zero need to know about it and no business injecting vicarious emotional empathy.

It's embarrassing that a nation of people can be so small minded as to lap up the media driven narrative and "reporting" disasters that do not need to be sold as a platform of prime time entertainment which provides the very impact that those invovled almost surely were aware of and seeking.   

"Where were you when you first heard, read or saw the news" from the media outlets that have sensationalized the tragedy? Go ahead, inject your "I was leaving work in Kansas". Who cares! And remember, if this story draws your attention, the media will make certain that you reminded of future events of this kind which will receive the best "reporting" that national and worldwide journalisim demands.

Who is "the media?" This is not a "narrative", it is a tragic event. It doen't matter how anyone hears about it, whether word of mouth or the "media". You are the only fool who sees a "narrative" for events that take place in the world. Things like this have always happened and always will, with or without the media. Your rabid, paranoid hatred of the media clouds your ability to think clearly. We all have the freedom to express concern whether or not you deem it genuine. Another vain attempt to set yourself above all the "small minded" Americans who you know absolutely nothing about.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.