Explosions at Boston Marathon

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Explosions at Boston Marathon

In response to softlaw2's comment:

They will find and bring to justice

I doubt this is matter that has anything to do with criminal justice. Hopefully, we will soon find out. Most likley, it has everything to do with national defense and national security.

This is certainly a conclusion that is easy to arrive at.  A very good probability, of course,  that it is some form of international terrorism.  However, let us not forget Atlanta.  Let us not forget Oklahoma City.  Lotta homegrown nutcases around as well.  After reading their bizzare response, I wouldn't be surprised if it was some wacko accolyte of Westboro Baptist Church.  

Sure, foreign terrorists is the likely answer.  But, it would be dangerously narrow-minded and short-sighted to arrive at that conclusion before the evidence comes in.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

There goes Softy...

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to ms_obstinate's comment:

All these restaurants should be filled to capacity on a sunny day like today. 

Closed as of April 16:

Abe & Louie's
    Asana
    Atlantic Fish Co.
    Boloco (Boylston Street location)
    Bukowski Tavern (Dalton Street location)
    Cactus Club
    Cafe 939 (Boylston Street)
    City Bar
    City Table
    Forum
    Kings
    L'Espalier
    Legal Sea Foods (Copley Square, Prudential Center locations - planning to reopen for dinner)
    Parish Cafe (Boylston Street location)
    Pavement Coffeehouse (all locations)
    Poe's Kitchen at the Rattlesnake
    Pour House
    Skipjack's (Clarendon Street location)
    Solas Irish Pub
    Taco Party Truck (Stuart Street location)
    Tasti D-Lite Boston (Newbury Street location)
    The Lower Depths
    The Capital Grille
    Towne
    Whiskey's

will be again, i'm sure

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

hard to forget, but back to the business of baseball..my prayers remain with the victims, the families and the city of Boston...keep your heads up Sox fans...enjoy your game...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

In response to S5's comment:

I agree with ms_obstinate and jackbu.  IF the marathon continues, and I think it will, there will be some big changes in crowd control.  There will either be no spectators allowed near the finish line or we'll have to produce a picture ID to get into a "safe zone", much like the TSA does now before entering a plane.  Bags, backpacks and purses will be checked upon entry.  This will mean that access will be limited through a certain number of gates where ID's will be checked and the lines to get in will be long.  In short it'll be just like flying. It'll be one more hassle.   

It's been apparent for some time that one of the goals of the terrorist organizations is to disrupt the free and unfettered way of life we have in this country.  Unfortunately they're succeeding.  We're justifiably becoming a nation of mistrust and fear at the hands of these terrorists.  They have stripped away one of the great benefits of living in this country - freedom to do as we please, when we please.  The terrorists envy our way of life and our prosperity and are determined to destroy it. 

Unfortunately they are winning and there's nothing we as good, honest, law-abiding citizens can do about it.

Oh, and Lloyd's transcript of Menino's speech was classic.  :-)))

well said. the only correction i would make is, ms does not want to change a thing

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

I doubt this is matter that has anything to do with criminal justice. Hopefully, we will soon find out. Most likley, it has everything to do with national defense and national security.

R U on Crack or something?  Of course it is a Criminal Case whether it's National or International isn't know yet but it's Criminal either way you look at it.  Are you saying it a Lawful event? 

If they had proof that this was a terrorist event we would have raise or Force Protection and it is still at Alpha today our our bases.  Please get ahold of yourself the bad Men aren't coming for you...

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

In response to Tomhab's comment:

R U on Crack or something?  Of course it is a Criminal Case whether it's National or International isn't know yet but it's Criminal either way you look at it.  Are you saying it a Lawful event? 

If they had proof that this was a terrorist event we would have raise or Force Protection and it is still at Alpha today our our bases.  Please get ahold of yourself the bad Men aren't coming for you...

no, his demon is booze. the only crack mr softy sees is when his girlfriend ms bill bends over.

Sorry for not changing my Avatar before posting earlier my bad...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

They better find these cockroaches living amongst us.

I can't comprehend ball bearings and nails.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Very difficult to get excited about baseball.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

In response to S5's comment:

I agree with ms_obstinate and jackbu.  IF the marathon continues, and I think it will, there will be some big changes in crowd control.  There will either be no spectators allowed near the finish line or we'll have to produce a picture ID to get into a "safe zone", much like the TSA does now before entering a plane.  Bags, backpacks and purses will be checked upon entry.  This will mean that access will be limited through a certain number of gates where ID's will be checked and the lines to get in will be long.  In short it'll be just like flying. It'll be one more hassle.   

It's been apparent for some time that one of the goals of the terrorist organizations is to disrupt the free and unfettered way of life we have in this country.  Unfortunately they're succeeding.  We're justifiably becoming a nation of mistrust and fear at the hands of these terrorists.  They have stripped away one of the great benefits of living in this country - freedom to do as we please, when we please.  The terrorists envy our way of life and our prosperity and are determined to destroy it. 

Unfortunately they are winning and there's nothing we as good, honest, law-abiding citizens can do about it.

Oh, and Lloyd's transcript of Menino's speech was classic.  :-)))

well said. the only correction i would make is, ms does not want to change a thing

Well..technically even BPD Commissioner Davis agrees with Ms Obstinate. Listen...anyone who is blaming Menino or Obama..or really..blaming anyone other than the bomber(s) either knows nothing about the BPD..nothing about the Boston Marathon or nothing about event planning and evaluation. My guess is probably all three.  The security plan was not..nor has it ever been Menino's responsibility. It is the responsibility of a joint local, state and federal task force and has been since at least 9/11 but possibly before that.

It turns out allowing trash cans at the finish line was irrelevent based on the information we now know.

I prefer to let the facts come out..and then make judgements. I prefer to blame the people responsible for this act...not the mayor or law enforcement who do the absolute best they can for the city of Boston every single day.

Like I said in my post in the politics forum..tragedies such as this tend to reveal one's true character. For some..it was running towards the blast...for others it was comforting and helping others. Sadly..in our society there will always be those who expect perfection and blame the wrong people when something goes wrong.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

hard to forget, but back to the business of baseball..my prayers remain with the victims, the families and the city of Boston...keep your heads up Sox fans...enjoy your game...

Thanks for your concern jete.  This insanity never seems to end.  Sad day, sad world we live inFrown

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to ddimaria's comment:

All I can do is say thank god BDC reintroduced the ignore button.  Once again Softlaw and Bill inject politics in a thread.  They both disgust me to no end.. I don't know either from a hole in the wall but as a fellow veteran I am even more disgusted by Bill-806.  

"Recreation place violence"  !!!    BTW,   hows things going out there in FORT HOOD ?????

People have harped on you in the past for making everything political Bill... this crosses the line and I once again reported you.. they will probably do nothing about it but I am sick sick sick of reading your drivel.  It is in appropriate and unnecessary...

I hope no one on these boards ever have to experience a loss like that which occured yesterday.  I am not a religious person but I hope and pray that they find the person responsible for this.. whether it be foreign or domestic I could care less... as long as we do not have to share the air on this Earth with them for much longer...

As Dad would say, Bill-806 you disappoint me over and over and I am disgusted to call you 'son'. 

Stop right there with that kind of talk....  Politics ????  No one is talking POLITICS here, we are talking facts as they are related to yesterdays despicable events...... My GOSH, how else can you lay out to America the events and the continued ramifications....  Our land is not as safe today as it was the 8 years after 9/11.......  You may not like my delivery, but there is no "sugar coating" coming from here.......  Anyone out there today that thinks it's business as usual is sadly mistaken...... BTW, we are in this place today because as the speaches from the top all the way down to Mennino end, the plot goes on to destroy the  U S A  !!!

Why is our land not as safe as it was for 8 years after 9/11?

SPACE, You know why, no need to "SPLAIN"  !!

I'm guessing that if he didn't want you to explain, he wouldn't have asked.

Instead of snide innuendos, grow a pair and just give a straight answer.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I was on my way up to Boston as I am every Monday when it happened.  I was considering turning around regardless because of the Marathon traffic so I didn't even bother after I heard on the radio.  Needless to say I've been attached to the news for the past 48 hours, hoping they start to get a clearer picture of who did this.  

I've also been very sickened lately by the conspiracy theory's that have surrounded this, some started hours after it happened.  I was very angry when the Conspiracy theory's came out about the Newtown tragedy.  I grew up in the town next to Newtown and knew many of the victims, so to hear people call those attacks fake and the victims government plants really struck an emotional chord in me.  I'm sure there are many that are feeling the same about people claiming the same up In Boston.

Why can't people just let the good shine through, and back off and let people grieve?  why does everything have to be turned in conspiracies and politics?

Sections
Shortcuts