Explosions at Boston Marathon

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: Explosions at Boston Marathon

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

They better find these cockroaches living amongst us.

I can't comprehend ball bearings and nails.

The sad fact is, just about anyone can do this now. The Internet is not always a good thing.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:

In response to ddimaria's comment:

All I can do is say thank god BDC reintroduced the ignore button.  Once again Softlaw and Bill inject politics in a thread.  They both disgust me to no end.. I don't know either from a hole in the wall but as a fellow veteran I am even more disgusted by Bill-806.  

"Recreation place violence"  !!!    BTW,   hows things going out there in FORT HOOD ?????

People have harped on you in the past for making everything political Bill... this crosses the line and I once again reported you.. they will probably do nothing about it but I am sick sick sick of reading your drivel.  It is in appropriate and unnecessary...

I hope no one on these boards ever have to experience a loss like that which occured yesterday.  I am not a religious person but I hope and pray that they find the person responsible for this.. whether it be foreign or domestic I could care less... as long as we do not have to share the air on this Earth with them for much longer...

As Dad would say, Bill-806 you disappoint me over and over and I am disgusted to call you 'son'. 

Stop right there with that kind of talk....  Politics ????  No one is talking POLITICS here, we are talking facts as they are related to yesterdays despicable events...... My GOSH, how else can you lay out to America the events and the continued ramifications....  Our land is not as safe today as it was the 8 years after 9/11.......  You may not like my delivery, but there is no "sugar coating" coming from here.......  Anyone out there today that thinks it's business as usual is sadly mistaken...... BTW, we are in this place today because as the speaches from the top all the way down to Mennino end, the plot goes on to destroy the  U S A  !!!

Why is our land not as safe as it was for 8 years after 9/11?

SPACE, You know why, no need to "SPLAIN"  !!

Oh right, of course.  I'm jes kiddin Bill.  Of course it is that an illegal war that completely destabilized the most volatile region on earth has created another terrorist breeding boom. Of course no need to 'splain.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

The world is a volatile chaotic place, and always will be.  We are more safer here in America than almost any other country at any other time.  You canno't prevent everything from happening and if you think we can you need to put down the crack pipe. 

It's a sad truth that we are reminded of anything something horrific happens.  but 3 people murdered on Monday holds more weight than the hundreds murdered every day in this country because of the psychological effect it holds.  That's why they call it "terror-ism" it is meant to make people feel scared and unsafe.  I live my life no different today than I chose to yesterday....and I hope more people do the same. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

That's why they call it "terror-ism" it is meant to make people feel scared and unsafe

I'm glad you grasp the issue of the media and public lack of restraint in providing the largest platform that demented minds could dream of. The vicarous public empathy is both superficial and damaging to the culture.

I agree with your sentiment here Softy.  What do you propose be done about it?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

That's why they call it "terror-ism" it is meant to make people feel scared and unsafe

I'm glad you grasp the issue of the media and public lack of restraint in providing the largest platform that demented minds could dream of. The vicarous public empathy is both superficial and damaging to the culture.

I agree with your sentiment here Softy.  What do you propose be done about it?

Im not sure,  perhaps  JOE BIDEN has THE ANSWER !!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

The world is a volatile chaotic place, and always will be.  We are more safer here in America than almost any other country at any other time.  You canno't prevent everything from happening and if you think we can you need to put down the crack pipe. 

It's a sad truth that we are reminded of anything something horrific happens.  but 3 people murdered on Monday holds more weight than the hundreds murdered every day in this country because of the psychological effect it holds.  That's why they call it "terror-ism" it is meant to make people feel scared and unsafe.  I live my life no different today than I chose to yesterday....and I hope more people do the same. 

+1 ...great post.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

agree with your sentiment here Softy. What do you propose be done about it?

I propose that each individual exercise self-restraint and not engage in the media driven narrative of public empathy towards the event and the victims that become celebrity poster images. Avoid the narrative and denounce the media for running the loop. Allow the professionals to do their jobs without becoming a member of a captive audience.

The media has no ethics, so it will be up to the pubic to drive the media in a different direction. It's sincerely embarrassing to see what amounts to a child-like media and public song and dance after every tragedy and natural disaster. Because of how the media operates, it's become expected that the public react in a certain way and with a certain level of public empathy. It's all part of the media's inherent desire to capitalize on ratings with compelling reality TV. 

Each non-affected person should make every effort to continue their normal routine and refrain from watching it and talking about it.  Allow the professional and affected families to grieve in private and without media coverage. Make anonymous donations to the Red Cross and victims to help them meet medical and other needed costs.

Space, I'm sure you can add to this with suggestions that, if followed by the public, would deprive the demented minds of the largest celebrity platfrom and increase the level of privacy for those affected by the tragedy. Those in the public who are affected by the knowledge should refrain from using public platforms that enable the narrative to echo and perpetuate.  

That would not make a damn bit of difference. Empathy for the victims does no harm and can do good. Terrorists have plied their evil trade since the beginning of man's time on earth. Get over your personal crusade against the media. Obviously, you are paying attention to the media as well, since you think you know what to criticize them for. Take your own advice.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I may not agree with all of Softlaw's points---this is what America is about Boys...freedom of speech...but there is much logic in many of his posts. Sensationalizing, yellow journalism, by the media tends to feed the terrorists/sickos etc. egos !!! Also, although those unfortunate individuals having lost loved ones or having been crippled get the public sympathy of many, the media can tend to pry when it's a time for most to grieve in private. What is happening is sort of dealing with Trolls on these posts that what they post is disturbing so please go away, feeds their egos and they continue as many are masochists !!!

However, I find the Full page ad in the Chicago Tribune a class act listing the Chicago Red Sox, Chicago Celtics etc. and the Yankees and others playing Sweet Caroline a very classy and empathetic gesture.

It will be so sad that in the future we must be extra vigilant at group events, sports, parades, circuses, carnivals, theme parks etc. Many will be extra cautious and filled with anxiety especially with their children & grandchildren.  Belief in God and what happens, does happen, will help many but our country has changed in my 70+ years when we knew the enemy, the Nazis, Japanese etc. and they were not on our shores.

God Bless Us All & God Bless America as we are still the land of the free more than anyplace else.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

Both Martin Richard and Krystle Campbell were big Sox fans.

One of 8 year old Martin's favorite things to wear was his Dustin Pedroia shirt.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/boston-marathon-investigation-fbi-announce-substantial-progress-probe-170749073.html

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

My youngest was at Tech at the time of the shooting.  His classmate lost a sister and his teacher lost a daughter. His building was beside the building Cho entered.

My husband was at the airport with the terrorists on 9/11

The DC snipper killed someone a few miles from where I worked and killed another person  a mile from where my son worked.  We were all afraid to gass up our cars.

Now this.

The city of my birth, the city I love, so sad.

I agree with softy, stay away from media reports.  There is a part in the brain that processes the reports as if they happened to you so you can suffer from PTSD without being part of the event.

I pray for the victims and hope those who did this get caught.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NLU75. Show NLU75's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

I was wondering who would be the first douchenozzle to inject politics into this. Actually, no I wasn't.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NLU75. Show NLU75's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

In response to NLU75's comment:

I was wondering who would be the first douchenozzle to inject politics into this. Actually, no I wasn't.

we had one nozzle tell us she is a republican even though she dedicates threads to democratics

every time I type a reply it goes haywire is any one else having trouble

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NLU75. Show NLU75's posts

The sad fact is, just about anyone can do this now. The Internet is not always a good thing.

Lloyd, I tried to repy to you several times softy was not the first one to inject politics it was TV Guy. He talked about guns & assualt rifles. Lloyd I know you to be an intelligent man, & also every
    one on this board knows about the first attack on American soil. Pearl Harbor 12-7-41, and why did the Japanese refuse to attack  the American mainland, becasue every house had a gun. The good people of America who own firearms did not do this it was a cowardly act by gutless scum.We the United States of American need to find these bastar-s & seek retribution. For all you good people of Boston, if you disagree with me please do not compare me to Softy. Jesse & Jete the Yankess showed class yesterday.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to NLU75's comment:

Lloyd, I tried to repy to you several times softy was not the first one to inject politics it was TV Guy. He talked about guns & assualt rifles. Lloyd I know you to be an intelligent man, & also every
    one on this board knows about the first attack on American soil. Pearl Harbor 12-7-41, and why did the Japanese refuse to attack  the American mainland, becasue every house had a gun. The good people of America who own firearms did not do this it was a cowardly act by gutless scum.We the United States of American need to find these bastar-s & seek retribution. For all you good people of Boston, if you disagree with me please do not compare me to Softy. Jesse & Jete the Yankess showed class yesterday.

The Japanese attacked Pearl harbor because a. it was significantly closer than the U.S. mainland, thereby being signficantly easier to attack by air, and b. more importantly was strategic, taking out a major U.S. military outpost in the Pacific.  c. Why would households full of handguns and such be a deterent to an air assualt?  

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

In response to ddimaria's comment:

All I can do is say thank god BDC reintroduced the ignore button.  Once again Softlaw and Bill inject politics in a thread.  They both disgust me to no end.. I don't know either from a hole in the wall but as a fellow veteran I am even more disgusted by Bill-806.  

"Recreation place violence"  !!!    BTW,   hows things going out there in FORT HOOD ?????

People have harped on you in the past for making everything political Bill... this crosses the line and I once again reported you.. they will probably do nothing about it but I am sick sick sick of reading your drivel.  It is in appropriate and unnecessary...

I hope no one on these boards ever have to experience a loss like that which occured yesterday.  I am not a religious person but I hope and pray that they find the person responsible for this.. whether it be foreign or domestic I could care less... as long as we do not have to share the air on this Earth with them for much longer...

As Dad would say, Bill-806 you disappoint me over and over and I am disgusted to call you 'son'. 

Stop right there with that kind of talk....  Politics ????  No one is talking POLITICS here, we are talking facts as they are related to yesterdays despicable events...... My GOSH, how else can you lay out to America the events and the continued ramifications....  Our land is not as safe today as it was the 8 years after 9/11.......  You may not like my delivery, but there is no "sugar coating" coming from here.......  Anyone out there today that thinks it's business as usual is sadly mistaken...... BTW, we are in this place today because as the speaches from the top all the way down to Mennino end, the plot goes on to destroy the  U S A  !!!

Why is our land not as safe as it was for 8 years after 9/11?

SPACE, You know why, no need to "SPLAIN"  !!

why? because the president is black? quit hiding your racism behind ricky ricardo, RUBE.

I don't like obama because he is a secular progressive who wants one world governance with no one country being more powerful than another.

I don't like obama because he is taking away my religious freedom.

I don't like obama because we give about half our earnings to the feds so that they can waste it on things like turtle tunnels.

I don't like obama because I don't like how he is fundamentaly changing America.

I don't like obama for a host of reasons.  For you to say that people don't like obama because of the color of his skin is beyond rational understanding.

I don't like reid, pelosi or biden.  I guess that means I don't like white men and women.

Please use your God given brains before you make such an off the wall statement.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

67redsox, This is your opportunity to use the ignore button on mryazz.

It didn't take me long to realize his warped intentions.

It makes me smile every time I'm reading a thread and see 'mryazz has been blocked by you'.