Explosions at Boston Marathon

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Re: Explosions at Boston Marathon

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

In response to mryazz's comment:

america loves their guns and their bibles.

Liberals hate democracy and industry.

And you wonder why most people you have ever met think your dumb. 

You call me dumb and don't know the difference between your and you're.

You're right, because I support issues like marriage equality I must hate America.

My city, country, and home were just attacked by some small minded PO$. So you can take your political bs and shove it.

Who said a thing about marriage equality?

I have gay members of my own family who are married.

You are the only person here angered by what happened to innocent people on Monday?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Do not want to be accused of being racial, but in the photos of the 2 suspected  men in baseball caps with backpacks, unless it is the beards or sun tans, they seem a bit dark skinned as are "Rag Heads", also known as Muslims !!! Does anyone else see this ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

i've never personally met TWM, but i know he's dumb.

You are not one to speak for causes on your side that is for sure.

I disagree with a lot of people and friends about a lot of things but most are able to articulate  the reasons why they believe in the things that they do intelligently.

This is where you come short, personally attacking me because of my pov doesn't make your candle burn any brighter.

because you so rudely corrected another poster for grammar, i will return the favor.

it's not 'because of,' it's simply 'because.'

Haha. Rudely responded to someone who referred to me as dumb?

That's not a grammatical error.

Beginning a sentence with a small b is though.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

i've never personally met TWM, but i know he's dumb.

You are not one to speak for causes on your side that is for sure.

I disagree with a lot of people and friends about a lot of things but most are able to articulate  the reasons why they believe in the things that they do intelligently.

This is where you come short, personally attacking me because of my pov doesn't make your candle burn any brighter.

because you so rudely corrected another poster for grammar, i will return the favor.

it's not 'because of,' it's simply 'because.'

Haha. Rudely responded to someone who referred to me as dumb?

That's not a grammatical error.

Beginning a sentence with a small b is though.

well, you're a small man.

Is this all you have?

Not very clever and again missing the cap beginning the sentence.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

If you say dumb things like liberals hate America then you deserve to be called dumb. As I said in my last post take your political bs and shove it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

If you say dumb things like liberals hate America then you deserve to be called dumb. As I said in my last post take your political bs and shove it.

I didn't say liberals hate America.

They couldn't survive in a country without a working class to leech from, they love it here.

Like a big dog under the porch that gets a big bone after supper every night.

I thought I said they dislike democracy and industry which they do.

They want to be able to shove their agenda down the throats of the American public but  unfortunately congress and the constitution stand in the way. Like they did with the big cluster known as Obamacare.

Like Bloomberg tried to do with the Big Gulp.

Look at the Keystone XL Pipeline. Look at Fracking in NY. If the people who are now in charge in NY (liberal Democrats) were in charge the last century we would not have had Syracuse, Buffalo or the Erie Canal.

Ugh, too dirty, a big hole from Albany to Buffalo filled with water and germs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

Do not want to be accused of being racial, but in the photos of the 2 suspected  men in baseball caps with backpacks, unless it is the beards or sun tans, they seem a bit dark skinned as are "Rag Heads", also known as Muslims !!! Does anyone else see this ?

no. but i think your avatar is, perhaps, effecting your vision. maybe causing you to see things that aren't there.

========================================

I believe your inference is that I do not like Muslims.  I don't really know if I hope this was caused by some Islamic Terrorist group because it would be added to their long list of wishing to do us harm.  

However, if done by locals, meaning American sickos, this too is added to the long list, some recently of school shooting tragedies where the police/FBI and shrinks try to determine if the perpetrator was abused as a child, bullied in school, given failing grades etc. The problem is that some sickos, irrespective of the punishment, seek the limelight and the happening gives them the incentive to do the same. I mean Muslim suicide bombers obviously don't care about punishment.

In short, I am hoping that a motive is found so that, if possible, we can concentrate on addressing the motive so it does not happen again. Because of the horrific 9/11 airlines used as missles, air marshalls have been added, cockpit doors closed and although many passengers complain, there are intensive body searches.  Thus thank God there have been no reoccurences of planes being used as bombs.  Unfortunately, if it is determined to be a Muslim terrorist group, there will be some concentated racial profiling and many innocent peace loving Muslims/Arabs etc. will be wrongly affected but, perhaps, we will have no choice.  This happening on our hallowed turf  and then another might lead us to incarcerating alot of innocent Arabs/Muslims as we did the Japanese in WW2.

How unfortunate that we will especially need be alert at sporting events, circuses, carnivals, parades etc. when people gather. And extra security will be an additional cost to taxpayers.

God Bless us and God Bless America !!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

They couldn't survive in a country without a working class to leech from, they love it here.

They want to be able to shove their agenda down the throats of the American public but  unfortunately congress and the constitution stand in the way. Like they did with the big cluster known as Obamacare.

Look at the Keystone XL Pipeline. Look at Fracking in NY. If the people who are now in charge in NY (liberal Democrats) were in charge the last century we would not have had Syracuse, Buffalo or the Erie Canal.

This why you are dumb. First of all we are not a democracy and we never have been . We are a representative democracy, aka a republic. And go back and read my last post about my city and country being attacked so Tsk your political bs and shove it once again.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

In response to softlaw2's comment:

I recognize they won't eliminated all gun-related violence -- no law is 100 percent effective. But even if it prevents one fatality, it's worth it.

They will eliminate zero gun-related violence because any person who wants to inflict gun violence can easily get a gun, legally or illegally, via purchase legally or illegally, "borrowing" or theft.

Guns aren't the problem, anymore than someone who drives a car into a crowd of people is the problem.

If more people had guns, there would be less fatalities from gun use.

When you sit in a public place and pretend that Obama has made you safer from guns by virtue of federal regulations, you will be the same guy praying on your hands and knees that someone else has a gun to stop some felon from shooting into a crowd of people.

Pressue cookers, not guns, caused fatalities. Now, are you so stpuid that you think household products should require a background check. That's not a question.

Take a look at today's society for a clue on why the media financially deights in another mass murder tragedy. Actually take a look at the culture, instead of childishly looking for background checks for the purchase of motor vehicles, farm and household products.

I'll tell you who never received a background check, Bill Ayers.

Yet again, you are argumentative in a thread that was meant to be sympathetic.

And yet again, you are flat wrong. Over the past 20+ yrs, Australia, Japan, China, Russia, Canada, Greece, Spain, & Scotland passed strict gun control measures after mass tragedies due to guns. The result? NONE of these countries has had a repeat incident.

Another glaring number: The developed countries in the world have AVERAGED approximately 30 gun fatalities each year. This country? About 30K.

Your ideology has changed your bright disposition to one of gloom, darkness, excuses, & misguided opinions. 

NH Shh don't interupt Soft2law he's writing his Manafesto...Don't tell him but the FBI is reading it too!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

This why you are dumb. First of all we are not a democracy and we never have been . We are a representative democracy, aka a republic. And go back and read my last post about my city and country being attacked so Tsk your political bs and shove it once again.

Barack Obama was just elected was a small majority (3 mil) yet we continue to live on without anarchy in the streets instead disagreeing on blogs because we enjoy a strong Democracy the strongest one on this planet.

I don't know where you went to school but wherever it was your body might have there in the classroom however your thoughts and mind certainly were somewhere else.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

I understand your point.

But the word Democracy comes from the meaning of the government derives it's power from the people and is accountable to them for that power.

But we are also a republic because we elect officials to represent us.

We as citizens do not make law.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Barack Obama was just elected was a small majority (3 mil) yet we continue to live on without anarchy in the streets instead disagreeing on blogs because we enjoy a strong Democracy the strongest one on this planet.

I don't know where you went to school but wherever it was your body might have there in the classroom however your thoughts and mind certainly were somewhere else.

So every citzen directly votes on issues of government like in Athens? Because that's what defines a democracy. We vote for representatives who vote on issues more closely alligned with the Roman republic. Did you even go to school, because you should probably go back. You are so clearly ignorant its sad. Take your political bs and shove it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

==========================================

ThatWasMe--- I know I will be preaching to the choir responding to you but I wish to express an opinion too. There was only a numerical reason Obama was elected. 49 million on food stamps and many minority groups on welfare want the spigot to keep running.

I belong to a tennis club in a very Blue area, Pelosi, Feinstein etc, who have all voted Democrat since Ronald Reagan.  It is frustrating because I find I can't have a logical discussion with a Liberal. They simply say they don't want to hear about it anymore. I am neither outlandishly conservative or blindly Republican and will not disregard any liberal comment that is well founded.

I have found that Conservatives can’t stand lies, Liberals many times can’t handle the truth !!!  The latter is composed of many long time friends going back to college days and some are family members too.  I realize they are, of course,  Americans and patriots too but it is an enigma to me,  many highly intelligent & reasonable too regarding many issues, that I feel they have ingested, ala Jonestown, the Koolaid !!!  I have noticed irrespective of being biased that Conservatives seem always prepared & willing to give opinions/ rebuttals but most Liberals I know simply say I don’t want to discuss it or hear about it anymore.  Hmmm???  Didn’t they take a debate course in college ?

It is refreshing to me to read so many intelligent posts from avid sports fans and some I truthfully believe are as sure of their convictions as their love for our Boston Teams.  I reiterate and we are all Americans, irrespective of our political affiliations so ain't it great that we have freedom of speech. There is no doubt in my mind that Liberal or Conservative, we are equally adversely affected by the recent bombing tragedy and are united in offering condolences & finding the culprits.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Secular progressives want to fundamentaly change our nation.  Anyone can go on youtube and watch Clinton call herself a progressive.  Also you can see Obama talk about one world governance and how one country should not be more powerful than another.

Dems don't want to seek the truth because they don't want to admit that they made a mistake in voting in Obama.  All anyone has to do is read his book, Dreams From My Father, to know why Obama wants to fundamently change America.

I'm not sure how things will end up but I don't believe our country is heading in the right direction.  If you ask people about Cap and Trade they scratch their heads.  If you talk about off shore drilling and South America they don't know what you're talking about.

Ask some of these dems what a progressive is, talk about the Frankfort Institute or George Soros and they say you are nuts.

People rather take free handouts and pat themsleves on the back because they voted for a black man.  They don't want to take the time to do the research.  Well if things go south then we will all be in the same mess, dems don't get a pass.  We are trillions in debt and no one seems to care.  Greece here we come!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

One thing I do not do is give partial answers.

Then you need to be introduced to yourself; i.e, The Gallup Poll during the election, the 8 countries who passed effective gun legislation, etc.

For your information the two most reputable Gallop and Rasmussen had the race pretty much a dead heat election day.

Obama won by 3 million, 4 million registered conservative voters stayed home.

I don't give a squat about your 8 countries theory, this is the USA we have a 2nd amendment we have to live with.

You need a break.

The best you can do?

I give you a detailed answer still not good enough.

Why? You don't have a good response.

Here ya go: 

Gallup had a dead heat for ALL voters, but admitted there was a 7 day polling loss due to Sandy during the final days before the election; amongst registered voters, they had a 3 percent advantage for Obama; they also proclaimed Obama the likely winner.

The 8 countries listed was not a theory, but a fact. Similar legislation would require strict licensing, and an arguable infringment on the 2nd amendment.

Happy now?

I wrote that gallup and Rasmussen had a dead heat.

AND the 8 countries you mention are NOT the USA they do not have a 2nd amendment (that liberals need to content with).

The right to bear arms, much more complicated here.

Didn't understand that point the first time?

That must be it

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

ThatWasMe--- I know I will be preaching to the choir responding to you but I wish to express an opinion too. There was only a numerical reason Obama was elected. 49 million on food stamps and many minority groups on welfare want the spigot to keep running.

I belong to a tennis club in a very Blue area, Pelosi, Feinstein etc, who have all voted Democrat since Ronald Reagan.  It is frustrating because I find I can't have a logical discussion with a Liberal. They simply say they don't want to hear about it anymore. I am neither outlandishly conservative or blindly Republican and will not disregard any liberal comment that is well founded.

I have found that Conservatives can’t stand lies, Liberals many times can’t handle the truth !!!  The latter is composed of many long time friends going back to college days and some are family members too.  I realize they are, of course,  Americans and patriots too but it is an enigma to me,  many highly intelligent & reasonable too regarding many issues, that I feel they have ingested, ala Jonestown, the Koolaid !!!  I have noticed irrespective of being biased that Conservatives seem always prepared & willing to give opinions/ rebuttals but most Liberals I know simply say I don’t want to discuss it or hear about it anymore.  Hmmm???  Didn’t they take a debate course in college ?

It is refreshing to me to read so many intelligent posts from avid sports fans and some I truthfully believe are as sure of their convictions as their love for our Boston Teams.  I reiterate and we are all Americans, irrespective of our political affiliations so ain't it great that we have freedom of speech. There is no doubt in my mind that Liberal or Conservation, we are equally adversely affected by the recent bombing tragedy and are united in offering condolences & finding the culprits.

Freedom of speach is great but I feel that is going south also.  If you believe that marriage is between one man and one woman you are a homophobe.  If you didn't vote for Obama because you don't agree with is platform your are a racist.

If I disagree with my dem friend we don't have a debate.  She tells me I'm wrong because I listen to the right wing crazies.

We don't talk anymore.  The right makes their stance known then the left calls them names, forget about honest debate.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

Secular progressives want to fundamentaly change our nation.  Anyone can go on youtube and watch Clinton call herself a progressive.  Also you can see Obama talk about one world governance and how one country should not be more powerful than another.

Dems don't want to seek the truth because they don't want to admit that they made a mistake in voting in Obama.  All anyone has to do is read his book, Dreams From My Father, to know why Obama wants to fundamently change America.

I'm not sure how things will end up but I don't believe our country is heading in the right direction.  If you ask people about Cap and Trade they scratch their heads.  If you talk about off shore drilling and South America they don't know what you're talking about.

Ask some of these dems what a progressive is, talk about the Frankfort Institute or George Soros and they say you are nuts.

People rather take free handouts and pat themsleves on the back because they voted for a black man.  They don't want to take the time to do the research.  Well if things go south then we will all be in the same mess, dems don't get a pass.  We are trillions in debt and no one seems to care.  Greece here we come!

I'm so done with this thread. You take a terrible tragedy and try to use it as a chance to grandstand politically. You have dishonored the memory of those killed and mortally wounded by this tragedy. You should be ashamed with yourselves but you are probably Patting yourselves on the back. Disgusting and disturbing. Those first responders and those who ran towards the blast to help had helped to bring back my faith in humanity. You have officially destroyed It. Shame on you.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Thanks for the accurate picture 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Excellent analysis of your experience with Liberals. Please read my post above yours as I say basically the same thing with my experience interacting with Liberals and, yup, I'd like a Liberal's review of the book "Dreams from My Father".

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

It is really fabulous that a couple of cowards who blew up some people have inspired a bunch of people on a Red Sox board to get in a fight about politics that lasts for days.

Good job all, your moms would be proud of you.

This happens every one in a while.  We are sports fans but we also have other interests.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to ddimaria's comment:

All I can do is say thank god BDC reintroduced the ignore button.  Once again Softlaw and Bill inject politics in a thread.  They both disgust me to no end.. I don't know either from a hole in the wall but as a fellow veteran I am even more disgusted by Bill-806.  

"Recreation place violence"  !!!    BTW,   hows things going out there in FORT HOOD ?????

People have harped on you in the past for making everything political Bill... this crosses the line and I once again reported you.. they will probably do nothing about it but I am sick sick sick of reading your drivel.  It is in appropriate and unnecessary...

I hope no one on these boards ever have to experience a loss like that which occured yesterday.  I am not a religious person but I hope and pray that they find the person responsible for this.. whether it be foreign or domestic I could care less... as long as we do not have to share the air on this Earth with them for much longer...

As Dad would say, Bill-806 you disappoint me over and over and I am disgusted to call you 'son'. 

Stop right there with that kind of talk....  Politics ????  No one is talking POLITICS here, we are talking facts as they are related to yesterdays despicable events...... My GOSH, how else can you lay out to America the events and the continued ramifications....  Our land is not as safe today as it was the 8 years after 9/11.......  You may not like my delivery, but there is no "sugar coating" coming from here.......  Anyone out there today that thinks it's business as usual is sadly mistaken...... BTW, we are in this place today because as the speaches from the top all the way down to Mennino end, the plot goes on to destroy the  U S A  !!!

Why is our land not as safe as it was for 8 years after 9/11?

SPACE, You know why, no need to "SPLAIN"  !!

why? because the president is black? quit hiding your racism behind ricky ricardo, RUBE.

I don't like obama because he is a secular progressive who wants one world governance with no one country being more powerful than another.

I don't like obama because he is taking away my religious freedom.

I don't like obama because we give about half our earnings to the feds so that they can waste it on things like turtle tunnels.

I don't like obama because I don't like how he is fundamentaly changing America.

I don't like obama for a host of reasons.  For you to say that people don't like obama because of the color of his skin is beyond rational understanding.

I don't like reid, pelosi or biden.  I guess that means I don't like white men and women.

Please use your God given brains before you make such an off the wall statement.

i don't like morons, like you. and god has left the building.

btw, i wasn't talkng about all people; i was referring to one particular racist. learn reading comprehension mr. self-righteous.

Name calling, great come back.

i have a particular dislike for religious fanatics. obama's taking away his religious freedoms.

being an atheist, i would still like to have him explain that one.

as for name calling, if it walks and quacks like a duck......

You seem to have a dislike for most people.  Too bad.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

It is refreshing to me to read so many intelligent posts from avid sports fans and some I truthfully believe are as sure of their convictions as their love for our Boston Teams.  I reiterate and we are all Americans, irrespective of our political affiliations so ain't it great that we have freedom of speech. There is no doubt in my mind that Liberal or Conservation, we are equally adversely affected by the recent bombing tragedy and are united in offering condolences & finding the culprits.

Freedom of speach is great but I feel that is going south also.  If you believe that marriage is between one man and one woman you are a homophobe.  If you didn't vote for Obama because you don't agree with is platform your are a racist.

If I disagree with my dem friend we don't have a debate.  She tells me I'm wrong because I listen to the right wing crazies.

We don't talk anymore.  The right makes their stance known then the left calls them names, forget about honest debate.

You mean like the excuses by those bought Senators who voted No on legislation 84% of America wants? I see you're back to your stereotypical self.

Sections
Shortcuts