Re: Explosions at Boston Marathon

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

In response to nhsteven's comment:

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

At least he didn't blame Bush.

Again ...not at all what we're discussing.

Shocking

Excuse me? I thought this thread was about the marathon bombing?

My comments were no further off topic then any other recent comment.

That you did not particularly like what i said seems to be the problem not the context.

I was responding to softy. Now you're confusing the thread start with the ongoing discussion?  Big difference, and yet another excuse.

You seem to be one that has gotten lost in the thread.

You might have intended to respond to softy but were responding to Dobler's comments to me.

Yes, that appears to be the case; but this has practically nothing to do with your misdirected partial responses; that's what I was alluding to, and you know it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

Recent mass murders have all been commited by mentally unbalanced folks not law abiding gun owners.

Precisely why we need expanded background checks for starters. You're right, it wouldn't have prevented Sandy Hook because the murderer took the guns from his mother, who as far as I know had bought them legally. But it might have prevented Virginia Tech and Columbine. At the very least, it would prevent at least a small percentage of the thousands of firearm-related murders committed in the U.S. every year.

But more is needed. I'm not a gun owner, but if I were, I would have no problem with (a) background checks, (b) safety tests required before purchase, and (c) a national registry. None of that violates the intent or spirit of the Second Amendment.

+1

Lame duck President.

Gloats in victory, acts like an adolescent in defeat.

I watched his bitter take on the vote yesterday.

Sure to garner more support in the next round.

Not sure what this has to do with what we were discussing. As for Obama, he was a lot more reserved than I'd have been. I'd have called them all a bunch of gutless (rhymes with clockducking) cowards.

you're just about as intelligent as MR MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

byw, mr right-winger; it will be a long,long time before you get a REPUBLICAN as POTUS.

Almost on par with Obama stating Al Qaeda has been defeated.

I think Obama will do for the opposition party what Jimmy Carter did.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED was so pathetic he made it possible for this country to have an african-american president. maybe the only positive thing he did in 8 years.

We all agree electing an African American was good for this country to finally overcome but I personally think that this President has been a dismal failure both internationally and at home.

The only thing wrong with our economy is his policies.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

I recognize they won't eliminated all gun-related violence -- no law is 100 percent effective. But even if it prevents one fatality, it's worth it.

They will eliminate zero gun-related violence because any person who wants to inflict gun violence can easily get a gun, legally or illegally, via purchase legally or illegally, "borrowing" or theft.

Guns aren't the problem, anymore than someone who drives a car into a crowd of people is the problem.

If more people had guns, there would be less fatalities from gun use.

When you sit in a public place and pretend that Obama has made you safer from guns by virtue of federal regulations, you will be the same guy praying on your hands and knees that someone else has a gun to stop some felon from shooting into a crowd of people.

Pressue cookers, not guns, caused fatalities. Now, are you so stpuid that you think household products should require a background check. That's not a question.

Take a look at today's society for a clue on why the media financially deights in another mass murder tragedy. Actually take a look at the culture, instead of childishly looking for background checks for the purchase of motor vehicles, farm and household products.

I'll tell you who never received a background check, Bill Ayers.

Yet again, you are argumentative in a thread that was meant to be sympathetic.

And yet again, you are flat wrong. Over the past 20+ yrs, Australia, Japan, China, Russia, Canada, Greece, Spain, & Scotland passed strict gun control measures after mass tragedies due to guns. The result? NONE of these countries has had a repeat incident.

Another glaring number: The developed countries in the world have AVERAGED approximately 30 gun fatalities each year. This country? About 30K.

Your ideology has steered your brilliant disposition to one of gloom, darkness, excuses, & misguided opinions.

Again. The law that was voted down in Congress yesterday would not have prevented Sandy Hook.

Of course your numbers include suicide as well as homicide.

How about murders commited with clubs, blunt instruments and knives?

The most by guns were illegal handguns not rifles.

Which is why so many folks want guns for protection.

What we need more than anything is an absolute overhaul of mental health laws.

Recent mass murders have all been commited by mentally unbalanced folks not law abiding gun owners.

Sounds like you read the excuses by the bought members of Congress that voted No, defying 84% of the population. And the suicide component is even a more persuasive reason. Some one very upset can easily take their own life if they own firearms when perhaps they shouldn't. 

84%?

Where did that number come from?

Seems to be the politicians are listening to their base as reflected in the gallup poll.

That they are even focusing on this issue could be why Congress has such low poll numbers.

Because it is important to you, Chris Mathews, Obama, Bloomberg and the left and the media doesn't mean that it is to the rest of  the country.

I got it from the Washington Post. As far as the rest of the country is concerned, you're in denial; just like you were on Election Day.

Washington Post another fair arbiter of the news.

I'm not in denial I can see how our economy as well as our standing with and in the rest of the world has deteriorated.

I only have one vote.

Gee, you think that had anything to do with W?

And yes, you ARE in denial, since you claimed on Election Day that Romney would win, and laughed at the polls. So who do you think you're kidding?

The old go-to when all else fails even after 5 years in office never too late to blame his predecessesor.

But of course Bush had nothing to do with the killing of Bin Laden or did waterboarding.

I'm referring to the lack of respect he was given during the"Euro 9" conference. I didn't think I had to explain it, but I underestimated you.. Otherwise, more doubletalk. And yes, ignore my Election Day remark.

Surprise. Insults.

A liberal's last refuge when in a debate.

You could always call me a racist.

Insult? To say I underestimated you? Far from your doubletalk oriented last refuges. And to stereotype liberals as the only ones that insults confirms a few things; is THAT an insult? Just another exuse.

Angry because you didn't get a victory on the gun vote.

He got his Obamacare, the stumulis and re-elected.

Unless he can recapture majorities in congress he is a lame duck 2nd term president.

Or he could move to the middle.

isn't this the very thing Softy was getting throttled for??.....just sayin'

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Shocking

That you did not particularly like what i said seems to be the problem not the context.

I was responding to softy. Now you're confusing the thread start with the ongoing discussion?  Big difference, and yet another excuse.

You might have intended to respond to softy but were responding to Dobler's comments to me.

Yes, that appears to be the case; but this has practically nothing to do with your misdirected partial responses; that's what I was alluding to, and you know it.

Why don't you speak English or some close variant.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Precisely why we need expanded background checks for starters. You're right, it wouldn't have prevented Sandy Hook because the murderer took the guns from his mother, who as far as I know had bought them legally. But it might have prevented Virginia Tech and Columbine. At the very least, it would prevent at least a small percentage of the thousands of firearm-related murders committed in the U.S. every year.

But more is needed. I'm not a gun owner, but if I were, I would have no problem with (a) background checks, (b) safety tests required before purchase, and (c) a national registry. None of that violates the intent or spirit of the Second Amendment.

+1

Lame duck President.

Not sure what this has to do with what we were discussing. As for Obama, he was a lot more reserved than I'd have been. I'd have called them all a bunch of gutless (rhymes with clockducking) cowards.

byw, mr right-winger; it will be a long,long time before you get a REPUBLICAN as POTUS.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED was so pathetic he made it possible for this country to have an african-american president. maybe the only positive thing he did in 8 years.

We all agree electing an African American was good for this country to finally overcome but I personally think that this President has been a dismal failure both internationally and at home.

I'd hate to think where the DJ would be without them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Shocking

I believe I do; speaking of insults .... 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NLU75. Show NLU75's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to ddimaria's comment:

All I can do is say thank god BDC reintroduced the ignore button.  Once again Softlaw and Bill inject politics in a thread.  They both disgust me to no end.. I don't know either from a hole in the wall but as a fellow veteran I am even more disgusted by Bill-806.  

"Recreation place violence"  !!!    BTW,   hows things going out there in FORT HOOD ?????

People have harped on you in the past for making everything political Bill... this crosses the line and I once again reported you.. they will probably do nothing about it but I am sick sick sick of reading your drivel.  It is in appropriate and unnecessary...

I hope no one on these boards ever have to experience a loss like that which occured yesterday.  I am not a religious person but I hope and pray that they find the person responsible for this.. whether it be foreign or domestic I could care less... as long as we do not have to share the air on this Earth with them for much longer...

As Dad would say, Bill-806 you disappoint me over and over and I am disgusted to call you 'son'. 

Stop right there with that kind of talk....  Politics ????  No one is talking POLITICS here, we are talking facts as they are related to yesterdays despicable events...... My GOSH, how else can you lay out to America the events and the continued ramifications....  Our land is not as safe today as it was the 8 years after 9/11.......  You may not like my delivery, but there is no "sugar coating" coming from here.......  Anyone out there today that thinks it's business as usual is sadly mistaken...... BTW, we are in this place today because as the speaches from the top all the way down to Mennino end, the plot goes on to destroy the  U S A  !!!

Why is our land not as safe as it was for 8 years after 9/11?

SPACE, You know why, no need to "SPLAIN"  !!

why? because the president is black? quit hiding your racism behind ricky ricardo, RUBE.

Please explain to me how he is black with a white mother

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

+1

Lame duck President.

Do you mean the DJ currently run by the AJ who was voted in comtempt of Congress by a bi-partisan vote?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

+1

Lame duck President.

Do you mean the DJ currently run by the AJ who was voted in comtempt of Congress by a bi-partisan vote?

AJ who? No matter; I guess ignoring so many compelling factoids that you failed to respond to has caught up; take a break.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Shocking

Knock off the bs.

Misdirected partial answers.

I've answered everyone of your questions and charges in detail.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Shocking

Knock off the bs.

Misdirected partial answers.

I've answered everyone of your questions and charges in detail.

Too funny. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

One thing I do not do is give partial answers.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

I think everyone here has no problem comprehending my communications skills.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Then you need to be introduced to yourself; i.e, The Gallup Poll during the election, the 8 countries who passed effective gun legislation, etc.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Btw nhchickenlittle the Yankees are doing much better than you expected.

Worst team in 22 years.

Now that's a a joke.

I have seen much worst pitching and farm resources.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Worst team in 22 years.

Now that's a a joke.

Agreed; let's hope it keeps up.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Obama slimes the rich for not paying their fair share, every day.

Slimed  Romney for being rich out of touch, Harry Reid accused him of paying no income tax and after the election we find Obama pays an 18 percent tax rate.

Do as I say not as I do.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

I recognize they won't eliminated all gun-related violence -- no law is 100 percent effective. But even if it prevents one fatality, it's worth it.

They will eliminate zero gun-related violence because any person who wants to inflict gun violence can easily get a gun, legally or illegally, via purchase legally or illegally, "borrowing" or theft.

Guns aren't the problem, anymore than someone who drives a car into a crowd of people is the problem.

When you sit in a public place and pretend that Obama has made you safer from guns by virtue of federal regulations, you will be the same guy praying on your hands and knees that someone else has a gun to stop some felon from shooting into a crowd of people.

Pressue cookers, not guns, caused fatalities. Now, are you so stpuid that you think household products should require a background check. That's not a question.

Take a look at today's society for a clue on why the media financially deights in another mass murder tragedy. Actually take a look at the culture, instead of childishly looking for background checks for the purchase of motor vehicles, farm and household products.

And yet again, you are flat wrong. Over the past 20+ yrs, Australia, Japan, China, Russia, Canada, Greece, Spain, & Scotland passed strict gun control measures after mass tragedies due to guns. The result? NONE of these countries has had a repeat incident.

Another glaring number: The developed countries in the world have AVERAGED approximately 30 gun fatalities each year. This country? About 30K.

Your ideology has steered your brilliant disposition to one of gloom, darkness, excuses, & misguided opinions.

Again. The law that was voted down in Congress yesterday would not have prevented Sandy Hook.

Sounds like you read the excuses by the bought members of Congress that voted No, defying 84% of the population. And the suicide component is even a more persuasive reason. Some one very upset can easily take their own life if they own firearms when perhaps they shouldn't. 

84%?

Seems to be the politicians are listening to their base as reflected in the gallup poll.

That they are even focusing on this issue could be why Congress has such low poll numbers.

Because it is important to you, Chris Mathews, Obama, Bloomberg and the left and the media doesn't mean that it is to the rest of  the country.

I got it from the Washington Post. As far as the rest of the country is concerned, you're in denial; just like you were on Election Day.

I'm not in denial I can see how our economy as well as our standing with and in the rest of the world has deteriorated.

I only have one vote.

And yes, you ARE in denial, since you claimed on Election Day that Romney would win, and laughed at the polls. So who do you think you're kidding?

The old go-to when all else fails even after 5 years in office never too late to blame his predecessesor.

But of course Bush had nothing to do with the killing of Bin Laden or did waterboarding.

I'm referring to the lack of respect he was given during the"Euro 9" conference. I didn't think I had to explain it, but I underestimated you.. Otherwise, more doubletalk. And yes, ignore my Election Day remark.

Surprise. Insults.

Insult? To say I underestimated you? Far from your doubletalk oriented last refuges. And to stereotype liberals as the only ones that insults confirms a few things; is THAT an insult? Just another exuse.

Unless he can recapture majorities in congress he is a lame duck 2nd term president.

that obama got re-elected demonstrates how disfunctional and out-of-touch your party is.

First of all, it's not MY party. I've voted for Repubs in the past. An dno one should talk about dysfunctional and out of touch parties when the Repubs have such distinguished membvers such as Todd Aiken & Richard Mourdock.

Boy, you set yourself up for that one.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Worst team in 22 years.

Now that's a a joke.

You can now add name calling to your repertoire; you need a break.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

84%?

I only have one vote.

Surprise. Insults.

that obama got re-elected demonstrates how disfunctional and out-of-touch your party is.

First of all, it's not MY party. I've voted for Repubs in the past. An dno one should talk about dysfunctional and out of touch parties when the Repubs have such distinguished membvers such as Todd Aiken & Richard Mourdock.

John Edwards was running for President if I'm not mistaken.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

84%?

I only have one vote.

Surprise. Insults.

I think his post was directed to me not you.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

and exactly what did that have to do with my post??..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Then you need to be introduced to yourself; i.e, The Gallup Poll during the election, the 8 countries who passed effective gun legislation, etc.

For your information the two most reputable Gallop and Rasmussen had the race pretty much a dead heat election day.

Obama won by 3 million, 4 million registered conservative voters stayed home.

I don't give a squat about your 8 countries theory, this is the USA we have a 2nd amendment we have to live with.