In response to nhsteven's comment:

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

In response to softlaw2's comment:

I recognize they won't eliminated all gun-related violence -- no law is 100 percent effective. But even if it prevents one fatality, it's worth it.

They will eliminate zero gun-related violence because any person who wants to inflict gun violence can easily get a gun, legally or illegally, via purchase legally or illegally, "borrowing" or theft.

Guns aren't the problem, anymore than someone who drives a car into a crowd of people is the problem.

If more people had guns, there would be less fatalities from gun use.

When you sit in a public place and pretend that Obama has made you safer from guns by virtue of federal regulations, you will be the same guy praying on your hands and knees that someone else has a gun to stop some felon from shooting into a crowd of people.

Pressue cookers, not guns, caused fatalities. Now, are you so stpuid that you think household products should require a background check. That's not a question.

Take a look at today's society for a clue on why the media financially deights in another mass murder tragedy. Actually take a look at the culture, instead of childishly looking for background checks for the purchase of motor vehicles, farm and household products.

I'll tell you who never received a background check, Bill Ayers.

Yet again, you are argumentative in a thread that was meant to be sympathetic.

And yet again, you are flat wrong. Over the past 20+ yrs, Australia, Japan, China, Russia, Canada, Greece, Spain, & Scotland passed strict gun control measures after mass tragedies due to guns. The result? NONE of these countries has had a repeat incident.

Another glaring number: The developed countries in the world have AVERAGED approximately 30 gun fatalities each year. This country? About 30K.

Your ideology has steered your brilliant disposition to one of gloom, darkness, excuses, & misguided opinions.

Again. The law that was voted down in Congress yesterday would not have prevented Sandy Hook.

Of course your numbers include suicide as well as homicide.

How about murders commited with clubs, blunt instruments and knives?

The most by guns were illegal handguns not rifles.

Which is why so many folks want guns for protection.

What we need more than anything is an absolute overhaul of mental health laws.

Recent mass murders have all been commited by mentally unbalanced folks not law abiding gun owners.

Sounds like you read the excuses by the bought members of Congress that voted No, defying 84% of the population. And the suicide component is even a more persuasive reason. Some one very upset can easily take their own life if they own firearms when perhaps they shouldn't. 

84%?

Where did that number come from?

Seems to be the politicians are listening to their base as reflected in the gallup poll.

That they are even focusing on this issue could be why Congress has such low poll numbers.

Because it is important to you, Chris Mathews, Obama, Bloomberg and the left and the media doesn't mean that it is to the rest of  the country.

I got it from the Washington Post. As far as the rest of the country is concerned, you're in denial; just like you were on Election Day.

Washington Post another fair arbiter of the news.

I'm not in denial I can see how our economy as well as our standing with and in the rest of the world has deteriorated.

I only have one vote.

Gee, you think that had anything to do with W?

And yes, you ARE in denial, since you claimed on Election Day that Romney would win, and laughed at the polls. So who do you think you're kidding?

The old go-to when all else fails even after 5 years in office never too late to blame his predecessesor.

But of course Bush had nothing to do with the killing of Bin Laden or did waterboarding.

I'm referring to the lack of respect he was given during the"Euro 9" conference. I didn't think I had to explain it, but I underestimated you.. Otherwise, more doubletalk. And yes, ignore my Election Day remark.

Surprise. Insults.

A liberal's last refuge when in a debate.

You could always call me a racist.

Insult? To say I underestimated you? Far from your doubletalk oriented last refuges. And to stereotype liberals as the only ones that insults confirms a few things; is THAT an insult? Just another exuse.

Angry because you didn't get a victory on the gun vote.

He got his Obamacare, the stumulis and re-elected.

Unless he can recapture majorities in congress he is a lame duck 2nd term president.

Or he could move to the middle.

isn't this the very thing Softy was getting throttled for??.....just sayin'

that obama got re-elected demonstrates how disfunctional and out-of-touch your party is.

First of all, it's not MY party. I've voted for Repubs in the past. An dno one should talk about dysfunctional and out of touch parties when the Repubs have such distinguished membvers such as Todd Aiken & Richard Mourdock.

Boy, you set yourself up for that one.

John Edwards was running for President if I'm not mistaken.

Except what he did was far more common, and didn't hurt Kerry's chances, since it came out after the fact. Those outlandish comments put the Republican party in a deep hole; if those morons kept their mouth shut, maybe Romney would have won.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Re: Explosions at Boston Marathon

In response to jete02fan's comment:

In response to mryazz's comment:

that obama got re-elected demonstrates how disfunctional and out-of-touch your party is.

and exactly what did that have to do with my post??..

I think his post was directed at me not you jete.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

What Edwards did was about as relevant as umpteen other sex scandals on both sides of the aisle.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

One thing I do not do is give partial answers.

Then you need to be introduced to yourself; i.e, The Gallup Poll during the election, the 8 countries who passed effective gun legislation, etc.

For your information the two most reputable Gallop and Rasmussen had the race pretty much a dead heat election day.

Obama won by 3 million, 4 million registered conservative voters stayed home.

I don't give a squat about your 8 countries theory, this is the USA we have a 2nd amendment we have to live with.

You need a break.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

What Edwards did was about as relevant as umpteen other sex scandals on both sides of the aisle.

Johnny Reid Edwards wife was suffering with cancer while he diddling an aide.

Not to mention he was indicted for using campaign funds to cover up the affair.

John Edwards was a front runner for President and won a few primaries.

Slime ball comes to mind.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Then you need to be introduced to yourself; i.e, The Gallup Poll during the election, the 8 countries who passed effective gun legislation, etc.

For your information the two most reputable Gallop and Rasmussen had the race pretty much a dead heat election day.

I don't give a squat about your 8 countries theory, this is the USA we have a 2nd amendment we have to live with.

You need a break.

The best you can do?

I give you a detailed answer still not good enough.

Why? You don't have a good response.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Go ahead name another, we can play name the slimy politician all night long.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Johnny Reid Edwards would have been John Kerry's VP in 2004.

A heart beat away.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

You need a break.

The best you can do?

i'd have a great response, but, unfortunately, it would be removed. so much for the 1st amendment.

Besides a great response could take you as few days.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

You need a break.

The best you can do?

Here ya go: 

Gallup had a dead heat for ALL voters, but admitted there was a 7 day polling loss due to Sandy during the final days before the election; amongst registered voters, they had a 3 percent advantage for Obama; they also proclaimed Obama the likely winner (as opposed to what you were claiming).

The 8 countries listed was not a theory, but a fact. Similar legislation would require strict licensing, and an arguable infringment on the 2nd amendment.

Happy now?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

The FBI has released photos of the two suspects in the Marathon bombings. They are on the Globe website as well. Hopefully they catch these guys, and assuming they are the ones, may justice come quickly for them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

You need a break.

The best you can do?

Here ya go: 

Gallup had a dead heat for ALL voters, but admitted there was a 7 day polling loss due to Sandy during the final days before the election; amongst registered voters, they had a 3 percent advantage for Obama; they also proclaimed Obama the likely winner.

The 8 countries listed was not a theory, but a fact. Similar legislation would require strict licensing, and an arguable infringment on the 2nd amendment.

Happy now?

I wrote that gallup and Rasmussen had a dead heat.

AND the 8 countries you mention are NOT the USA they do not have a 2nd amendment (that liberals need to content with).

The right to bear arms, much more complicated here.

Didn't understand that point the first time?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

The FBI has released photos of the two suspects in the Marathon bombings. They are on the Globe website as well. Hopefully they catch these guys, and assuming they are the ones, may justice come quickly for them.

I saw, on all the news shows, you wonder if the cockroaches are long gone.

Not good photos either.

Hopefully someone will recognize them.

Someone in a hotel or where they lived if residents.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

In response to softlaw2's comment:

I recognize they won't eliminated all gun-related violence -- no law is 100 percent effective. But even if it prevents one fatality, it's worth it.

They will eliminate zero gun-related violence because any person who wants to inflict gun violence can easily get a gun, legally or illegally, via purchase legally or illegally, "borrowing" or theft.

Guns aren't the problem, anymore than someone who drives a car into a crowd of people is the problem.

If more people had guns, there would be less fatalities from gun use.

When you sit in a public place and pretend that Obama has made you safer from guns by virtue of federal regulations, you will be the same guy praying on your hands and knees that someone else has a gun to stop some felon from shooting into a crowd of people.

Pressue cookers, not guns, caused fatalities. Now, are you so stpuid that you think household products should require a background check. That's not a question.

Take a look at today's society for a clue on why the media financially deights in another mass murder tragedy. Actually take a look at the culture, instead of childishly looking for background checks for the purchase of motor vehicles, farm and household products.

I'll tell you who never received a background check, Bill Ayers.

Yet again, you are argumentative in a thread that was meant to be sympathetic.

And yet again, you are flat wrong. Over the past 20+ yrs, Australia, Japan, China, Russia, Canada, Greece, Spain, & Scotland passed strict gun control measures after mass tragedies due to guns. The result? NONE of these countries has had a repeat incident.

Another glaring number: The developed countries in the world have AVERAGED approximately 30 gun fatalities each year. This country? About 30K.

Your ideology has steered your brilliant disposition to one of gloom, darkness, excuses, & misguided opinions.

Again. The law that was voted down in Congress yesterday would not have prevented Sandy Hook.

Of course your numbers include suicide as well as homicide.

How about murders commited with clubs, blunt instruments and knives?

The most by guns were illegal handguns not rifles.

Which is why so many folks want guns for protection.

What we need more than anything is an absolute overhaul of mental health laws.

Recent mass murders have all been commited by mentally unbalanced folks not law abiding gun owners.

Sounds like you read the excuses by the bought members of Congress that voted No, defying 84% of the population. And the suicide component is even a more persuasive reason. Some one very upset can easily take their own life if they own firearms when perhaps they shouldn't. 

84%?

Where did that number come from?

Seems to be the politicians are listening to their base as reflected in the gallup poll.

That they are even focusing on this issue could be why Congress has such low poll numbers.

Because it is important to you, Chris Mathews, Obama, Bloomberg and the left and the media doesn't mean that it is to the rest of  the country.

I got it from the Washington Post. As far as the rest of the country is concerned, you're in denial; just like you were on Election Day.

Washington Post another fair arbiter of the news.

I'm not in denial I can see how our economy as well as our standing with and in the rest of the world has deteriorated.

I only have one vote.

Gee, you think that had anything to do with W?

And yes, you ARE in denial, since you claimed on Election Day that Romney would win, and laughed at the polls. So who do you think you're kidding?

The old go-to when all else fails even after 5 years in office never too late to blame his predecessesor.

But of course Bush had nothing to do with the killing of Bin Laden or did waterboarding.

I'm referring to the lack of respect he was given during the"Euro 9" conference. I didn't think I had to explain it, but I underestimated you.. Otherwise, more doubletalk. And yes, ignore my Election Day remark.

Surprise. Insults.

A liberal's last refuge when in a debate.

You could always call me a racist.

Insult? To say I underestimated you? Far from your doubletalk oriented last refuges. And to stereotype liberals as the only ones that insults confirms a few things; is THAT an insult? Just another exuse.

Angry because you didn't get a victory on the gun vote.

He got his Obamacare, the stumulis and re-elected.

Unless he can recapture majorities in congress he is a lame duck 2nd term president.

Or he could move to the middle.

isn't this the very thing Softy was getting throttled for??.....just sayin'

First of all, it's not MY party. I've voted for Repubs in the past. An dno one should talk about dysfunctional and out of touch parties when the Repubs have such distinguished membvers such as Todd Aiken & Richard Mourdock.

Boy, you set yourself up for that one.

John Edwards was running for President if I'm not mistaken.

Except what he did was far more common, and didn't hurt Kerry's chances, since it came out after the fact. Those outlandish comments put the Republican party in a deep hole; if those morons kept their mouth shut, maybe Romney would have won.

You live in a fantasyworld.

Romney was a rich out of touch plutocrat who didn't pay his taxes, a greedy corporate raider who killed some guys wife before he drove cross country with his dog on the roof.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

america loves their guns and their bibles.

Liberals hate democracy and industry.

And you wonder why most people you have ever met think your dumb. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Chicago, IL                                 Houston, TX
    Population               2.7 million          2.15 million
    Median HH Income   $38,600           $37,000
    % African-American     38%               24%
    % Hispanic                  29.9%            44%
    % Asian                        5.5%              6%
    % Non-Hispanic White    38.7%           26%
    Pretty similar until you compare the following:

Concealed Carry gun law     no            yes
    # of Gun Stores                   0            84 - Dedicated gun stores plus      

1500 - legal places to buy  guns   

Walmart, K-mart, sporting     

Homicides, 2012                               806                      207
    Homicides per 100K                         28.4                       9.6
    Avg. January high temperature – (F)   31°                      63°

Conclusion: Cold weather causes murder...what other explanation could there be ? Hmmm....wasn't our leader a community organizer there ???

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:

You call me dumb and don't know the difference between your and you're.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

It is really fabulous that a couple of cowards who blew up some people have inspired a bunch of people on a Red Sox board to get in a fight about politics that lasts for days.

Good job all, your moms would be proud of you.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:

i've never personally met TWM, but i know he's dumb.

You are not one to speak for causes on your side that is for sure.

I disagree with a lot of people and friends about a lot of things but most are able to articulate  the reasons why they believe in the things that they do intelligently.

This is where you come short, personally attacking me because of my pov doesn't make your candle burn any brighter.