Explosions at Boston Marathon

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Re: Explosions at Boston Marathon

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

It must be another spontaneous demonstration that got out of hand. Obama said that we'll find out who did this and why they did it. I'll settle for finding out who was invovled in this, and don't care why they did it.

Softlaw; In plain English. 

SHUT THE "F" UP. We are all sick of your idiotic political posts. In a time like this with a grief stricken City of Boston only a moron like you would inject political commentary. Again in English: 

"SHUT UP"

You are truly a very sick individual. 

Hetch

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

In response to BaddBrains' comment:

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

I was wondering who would be the first douchenozzle to inject politics into this. Actually, no I wasn't.

Softlaw can't help it. The larger question is why BDC condones his behavior and actually encourages it?

Actually, who cares WHY they did it.  The point is they DID it.  Softlaw's point is legitimate.

If you take the time to read a few of Softlaws points of view written last night or this morning you'll find he's interjecting his usual political commentary into the mix. At a time like this no matter what your political views it is time to temper the vitriol down and just post sympathetic remarks with regard to this horrific event. I posted my remarks asking Softlaw to "shut up" because nasty political remarks are the last thing I would think Bostonians and people nationwide want to read. There is plenty of time for politics later on. 

My heart goes out to those injured, thier families and my home City of Boston. 

Hetchinspete

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

The race has lost spectators over the years along the course.  The towns on the out skirts have asked and been given more money for police details, which is a good thing.

John Hancock had a media campaign on how much money their race pumps into the local economy.  Probably instead they should have been talking about the added security and sent messages to spectators to keep an eye out for packages.

Not sure why Tom Menino allowed trash cans near the finsih line.  Trash cans are not allowed in New York, and some on the NYPD are already saying someone screwed up in Boston.

Cancel the race next year or keep Boylston free from spectators.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Good afternoon, everybody.  Earlier today, I was briefed by my homeland security team on the events in Boston. We’re continuing to monitor and respond to the situation as it unfolds.  And I’ve directed the full resources of the federal government to help state and local authorities protect our people, increase security around the United States as necessary, and investigate what happened.

The American people will say a prayer for Boston tonight.  And Michelle and I send our deepest thoughts and prayers to the families of the victims in the wake of this senseless loss.

We don’t yet have all the answers.  But we do know that multiple people have been wounded, some gravely, in explosions at the Boston Marathon.

I’ve spoken to FBI Director Mueller and Secretary of Homeland Security Napolitano, and they’re mobilizing the appropriate resources to investigate and to respond. 

I’ve updated leaders of Congress in both parties, and we reaffirmed that on days like this there are no Republicans or Democrats — we are Americans, united in concern for our fellow citizens.

I’ve also spoken with Governor Patrick and Mayor Menino, and made it clear that they have every single federal resource necessary to care for the victims and counsel the families.  And above all, I made clear to them that all Americans stand with the people of Boston.

Boston police, firefighters, and first responders as well as the National Guard responded heroically, and continue to do so as we speak.  It’s a reminder that so many Americans serve and sacrifice on our behalf every single day, without regard to their own safety, in dangerous and difficult circumstances.  And we salute all those who assisted in responding so quickly and professionally to this tragedy.

We still do not know who did this or why.  And people shouldn’t jump to conclusions before we have all the facts.  But make no mistake — we will get to the bottom of this.  And we will find out who did this; we'll find out why they did this.  Any responsible individuals, any responsible groups will feel the full weight of justice.

Today is a holiday in Massachusetts — Patriots’ Day.  It’s a day that celebrates the free and fiercely independent spirit that this great American city of Boston has reflected from the  earliest days of our nation.  And it’s a day that draws the world to Boston’s streets in a spirit of friendly competition.  Boston is a tough and resilient town.  So are its people.  I'm supremely confident that Bostonians will pull together, take care of each other, and move forward as one proud city.  And as they do, the American people will be with them every single step of the way.

You should anticipate that as we get more information, our teams will provide you briefings.  We're still in the investigation stage at this point.  But I just want to reiterate we will find out who did this and we will hold them accountable.

Thank you very much.

Oh, and Softlaw is a jackass.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

The Police on hand yesterday acted bravely and right away started tearing down the temporary fences so that they could see the area.

I have an issue with Menino for letting the finish line become Disney World.  The race has lost its appeal and to make up for it, has been creating an image at the finish line that it is still Boston's premier event.

The race has become a pink hat event.  I have not been there in years and only one station covers it.  WBZ radio did not even give live updates and did not even care about the race until the explosion.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

In response to jackbu's comment:

The Police on hand yesterday acted bravely and right away started tearing down the temporary fences so that they could see the area.

I have an issue with Menino for letting the finish line become Disney World.  The race has lost its appeal and to make up for it, has been creating an image at the finish line that it is still Boston's premier event.

The race has become a pink hat event.  I have not been there in years and only one station covers it.  WBZ radio did not even give live updates and did not even care about the race until the explosion.

WBZ had a crew there yesterday

U rambling is absurd.

If you read it again, I said WBZ radio.  I was on the road all day yesterday and kept clicking on 1030 AM.  Even around 5 minutes before the finsih they were not live.  So unless you were listening from 10:00 a.m on, you should probably should not comment.

Most of the stations had crews there.  They all want to get something for the news.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddimaria. Show ddimaria's posts

All I can do is say thank god BDC reintroduced the ignore button.  Once again Softlaw and Bill inject politics in a thread.  They both disgust me to no end.. I don't know either from a hole in the wall but as a fellow veteran I am even more disgusted by Bill-806.  

"Recreation place violence"  !!!    BTW,   hows things going out there in FORT HOOD ?????

People have harped on you in the past for making everything political Bill... this crosses the line and I once again reported you.. they will probably do nothing about it but I am sick sick sick of reading your drivel.  It is in appropriate and unnecessary...

I hope no one on these boards ever have to experience a loss like that which occured yesterday.  I am not a religious person but I hope and pray that they find the person responsible for this.. whether it be foreign or domestic I could care less... as long as we do not have to share the air on this Earth with them for much longer...

As Dad would say, Bill-806 you disappoint me over and over and I am disgusted to call you 'son'. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In SF 3000 miles away I worried as 4 of my family attended the Sox-Rays game & walked to the finish line of the Marathon after. I was emailed they were within blocks and OK !!!

The reason we try to determine a motive is to hope to prevent these acts of terrorism in the future. If it is determined to be done by Islamist Terrorists, it is added to their long list of wishing to do us harm.  However, if done by locals, meaning American sickos, this too is added to the long list, some recently of school shooting tragedies where the police/FBI and shrinks try to determine if the perpetrator was abused as a child, bullied in school, given failing grades etc. The problem is that some sickos, irrespective of the punishment, seek the limelight and the happening gives them the incentive to do the same. I mean Muslim suicide bombers obviously don't care about punishment.

In short, I am hoping that a motive is found so that, if possible, we can concentrate on addressing the motive so it does not happen again. Because of the horrific 9/11 airlines used as missles, air marshalls have been added, cockpit doors closed and although many passengers complain, there are intensive body searches.  Thus thank God there have been no reoccurences of planes being used as bombs.  Unfortunately, if it is determined to be a Muslim terrorist group, there will be some concentated racial profiling and many innocent peace loving Muslims/Arabs etc. will be wrongly affected but, perhaps, we will have no choice.  How unfortunate that we will especially need be alert at sporting events, circuses, carnivals, parades etc. when people gather. And extra security will be an additional cost to taxpayers.

God Bless Us All and God Bless America !!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

Every day is an up beat day in The City of Boston.  For many Bostonians living in the area, the marathon is a head-ache. The race attracts a lot spectators from the burbs.  911 has changed the way everything is done except the finsih line of the Boston Marathon.  If the feds take over the race security next year, I would bet there will be no heavy crowds near the finish line.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to ddimaria's comment:

All I can do is say thank god BDC reintroduced the ignore button.  Once again Softlaw and Bill inject politics in a thread.  They both disgust me to no end.. I don't know either from a hole in the wall but as a fellow veteran I am even more disgusted by Bill-806.  

"Recreation place violence"  !!!    BTW,   hows things going out there in FORT HOOD ?????

People have harped on you in the past for making everything political Bill... this crosses the line and I once again reported you.. they will probably do nothing about it but I am sick sick sick of reading your drivel.  It is in appropriate and unnecessary...

I hope no one on these boards ever have to experience a loss like that which occured yesterday.  I am not a religious person but I hope and pray that they find the person responsible for this.. whether it be foreign or domestic I could care less... as long as we do not have to share the air on this Earth with them for much longer...

As Dad would say, Bill-806 you disappoint me over and over and I am disgusted to call you 'son'. 

i've also reported you Bill. you've dropped to a new low. Do us all a favor and go away.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts