Extenstion talks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Extenstion talks

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pedroia and Middlebrooks are the only serious trade bait we have for an ace.....personally i would wait on lester - if he doesnt return to form then that is two years in a row he has declined...not a good sign...

we had all these players last year and we stunk -  i agree with Alibike, get some impact players and then think about resigning these three....

[/QUOTE]

ikes idea of Impact players are Justin masterson and A Cabrera. And he wants to give them Ells and Buchholz...Sorry, While I agree with getting impact players Ill steer far away from his ideas of how to obtain them.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pinstripezac's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Whats the hurry to lock up Pedroia and Lester now? I think they ought to wait to see how healthy Pedroia can be next year and what kind of pitcher Lester is as well. He didn't pitch well this year and if there is a repeat performance next year I don't want him locked up. The team made the mistake of locking up some bums recently and I hope they have learned from their mistakes.

[/QUOTE]

I don't get it either mr green

what's the rush with any of them especially mbrooks

seems like sox are taking an unnecessary risk after such a short sample

why not wait at least another yr

then again TB extended Longoria after a month

almost like buying the cow when you get the milk for free

[/QUOTE]

I agree as far as Middlebrooks, but their thinking with Pedroia may be, with Cano becoming a free agent next year, he'll be looking for a huge contract (already rumored to be 200,000) which will drive up PD's asking price. They may want to try to lock him in long term, for less.

[/QUOTE]

JBay no way Pedroia is as good a hitter as Cano nor does he deserve that type of money which is rediculous.

[/QUOTE]

I wasnt suggesting he was or does, AL. My point is, the more Cano gets, the higher Pedroia's price tag will be. 

[/QUOTE]

JBay Pedroia gets hurt too much, Cano is never injured and is on the field a lot more than Pedroia and puts up better numbers than Pedroia.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Whats the hurry to lock up Pedroia and Lester now? I think they ought to wait to see how healthy Pedroia can be next year and what kind of pitcher Lester is as well. He didn't pitch well this year and if there is a repeat performance next year I don't want him locked up. The team made the mistake of locking up some bums recently and I hope they have learned from their mistakes.

[/QUOTE]

I don't get it either mr green

what's the rush with any of them especially mbrooks

seems like sox are taking an unnecessary risk after such a short sample

why not wait at least another yr

then again TB extended Longoria after a month

almost like buying the cow when you get the milk for free

[/QUOTE]

I agree as far as Middlebrooks, but their thinking with Pedroia may be, with Cano becoming a free agent next year, he'll be looking for a huge contract (already rumored to be 200,000) which will drive up PD's asking price. They may want to try to lock him in long term, for less.

[/QUOTE]

JBay no way Pedroia is as good a hitter as Cano nor does he deserve that type of money which is rediculous.

[/QUOTE]

I wasnt suggesting he was or does, AL. My point is, the more Cano gets, the higher Pedroia's price tag will be. 

[/QUOTE]

JBay Pedroia gets hurt too much, Cano is never injured and is on the field a lot more than Pedroia and puts up better numbers than Pedroia.

[/QUOTE]

He gets hurt too much?

2007 - 139 games

2008 - 157

2009 - 154

2010 - 75

2011 - 159

2012 - 141

Granted Cano is an iron man, but Pedroia has not been "hurt too much" over his career.