Fake IDs in MLB

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Fake IDs in MLB

Not sure about under a false identity Dave, but do believe many players from the DR falsify their ages. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Victory12321. Show Victory12321's posts

False identity and "kim"

What an irony lol

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Victory12321. Show Victory12321's posts

In Response to Re: Fake IDs in MLB:
    [QUOTE]been wondering all along if  jose iglesias wasn't really  bert campaneris I wouldn't be shocked to hear that there were more players lying about their ages to look EITHER younger or older
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt be surprised, but it is very sad.

Every foreign player now will be under question, rightfully so, but it does put a black eye on the sport.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]been wondering all along if  jose iglesias wasn't really  bert campaneris I wouldn't be shocked to hear that there were more players lying about their ages to look EITHER younger or older

Julio Iglesias...

...is really Charlton Heston

George W. Bush...

...used to be known as John Lydon:

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

A-Rod is really 39 going on 40 that's why his body is breaking down. He'll need one of those electric chairs to get around the bases at the end of his contract.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcmcmahon. Show dcmcmahon's posts

He broke our laws.  He should not get a visa to come play in America

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Wow. I had two posts in this thread, and they've both been deleted. Unfreakenbelievable. Guess that's what happens when JBay is in the thread. His two Yankee troll pals Victory and Zac still remain -- even a post bashing me. Something is wrong with this picture.

I can't wait until the game threads start again, so the Sox fans can have their board back.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Time to take out the old "I love Yankee fans no matter how they treat Sox fans here" crew, and welcome in a new regime. I would call it the "This is a Sox fan board, and if you can't respect the posters here, you need to find another place to hang out" fans. We need to adopt more of a Yankee-board like attitude. They don't take that crap on a Yankee board, and neither should this forum.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]Wow. I had two posts in this thread, and they've both been deleted. Unfreakenbelievable. Guess that's what happens when JBay is in the thread. His two Yankee troll pals Victory and Zac still remain -- even a post bashing me. Something is wrong with this picture. I can't wait until the game threads start again, so the Sox fans can have their board back.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Maybe the two that were deleted were worthless drivel like all the rest of your posts.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fake IDs in MLB : Maybe the two that were deleted were worthless drivel like all the rest of your posts.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

And I think we both know, if worthless drivel was part of the criteria for deleting posts, 50% of the posts here would be gone.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fake IDs in MLB : And I think we both know, if worthless drivel was part of the criteria for deleting posts, 50% of the posts here would be gone.

But if that was true it wouldn't leave much for the rest of us with all of yours gone.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fake IDs in MLB : But if that was true it wouldn't leave much for the rest of us with all of yours gone.

I agree. Without mine, what is there really? Btw, you and cry-bay should really hit it off. You have so much in common.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fake IDs in MLB : I agree. Without mine, what is there really? Btw, you and cry-bay should really hit it off. You have so much in common.

When I first saw your avatar and posts I thought that you were Kimmi, but it didn't take long to realize that no you weren't.

In fact you are a polar opposite. Intolant and rude to almost everyone here the word that comes to mind in reading your posts is insufferable.

Have a nice day but i doubt it's possible.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fake IDs in MLB : When I first saw your avatar and posts I thought that you were Kimmi, but it didn't take long to realize that no you weren't. In fact you are a polar opposite. Intolant and rude to almost everyone here the word that comes to mind in reading your posts is insufferable. Have a nice day.

Just another post for my "I DGAC" file. You're a fan of "Victory". And try as I might, that just about makes it impossible for me to care.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Victory12321. Show Victory12321's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fake IDs in MLB : Maybe the two that were deleted were worthless drivel like all the rest of your posts.

Bravo

Great job by the Mods

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccfss. Show ccfss's posts

In Response to Fake IDs in MLB:
    [QUOTE]The pitcher formerly known as Fausto Carmona is just the latest example of a foreign-born player assuming someone else's identity to appear a few years younger. Some think this is a fairly common problem, with a number of ballplayers in the same situation. What do you think the chances are that the Red Sox have someone in their system who's playing under a false identity?
    Posted by davetheknave[/QUOTE]

They may well have such a player.  To my way of thinking this goes a bit to the Latin American/Dominican culter in general.  For the most part look who gets nailed/accused for the PEDs, Latins and seemingly predominantly Domincans, make up the majority from the Sox at least (Manny, Ortiz (yeah yeah innocent until proven guilty) for two and two who shgould know better.  It's a cultural difference that just is not going to go away.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

n Response to Re: Fake IDs in MLB:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fake IDs in MLB :

That post made my day, it brought a smile to this old man's face.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

From FanGraphs:

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/younger-is-not-always-better-in-the-dominican/

25. This post has been removed.