Fan former Red Sox Player FA Referendum #1: Jason Varitek? A: Overwhelming Majority of Red Sox Fans Want Varitek to Stay Gone

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Fan former Red Sox Player FA Referendum #1: Jason Varitek? A: Overwhelming Majority of Red Sox Fans Want Varitek to Stay ...

My position is that the Sox think too highly of Salty and Lava to make a $4-6M move for a catcher 

No way Buck gets 2M and 2 years and hernandez gets 5 or 6M. Buck is 3 to 4. Stop claiming numbers (6M for hernandez and 1M for Varitek) just to post hoc.

1) Who's "Buck" and where did I say $2M/2 for this mystery guy?
    2) I said $4-6M for Ramon not 5-6. You have my quote right here, then distort it seconds later.
    3) I have said VTek will get $1-1.5M somewhere in 2012. You have said he will get at most a minor league offer. I don't get your issue with my numbers. You act like they are too low one minute and too high the next.
    Silly clown.

Salty is not bringing a lot!

Again, look at the state of MLB catching across the league. I have shown you the numbers over and over and over. Salty had a comparatively good year. He has value. Funny how you used to bash Ellsbury, but say some GM would overvalue him, but you refuse to think the same could happen with Salty? Some GM will look at his OPS and CS% (like many here do) and say "I want this kid as he reaches the age where catchers usually mature".
    Silly clown.

Paying Varisuk 2M for 2011 is not thinking too highly of Salty and Way. 

Lava was not ready in April, 2011.

Hernandez on a one year buyout 2 basis is hardly risk taking on decline at 36. 

When Ramon signs for $4-6M, you will deny, distort, or justchange IDs to run from another of your mistakes. Maybe he signs for $3M with a buyout that guarnatees $4M for 1 year, but he's not signing for $2M. If he signs for more than 1 year, the cost could be close to $3M per year ($9-10M/3 ish)

I don't pretend to be an expert on projecting contracts like you do, so if I am wrong, I will be here, as me, to admit I was wrong. You deny you said $17-18M for Mauer and AGon.
    Silly lying clown.

Read, yes, read and know that 2010 was year 1 for when I wanted Varisuk off the millions payroll! Not at age 36!

Another bare-faced lie. When Vtek signed the $8M/2 year deal after the Bora$$ arb fiasco, you started bashing him, both for the money and the offensive/defensive decline. When we got VMart, it went into overdrive. We all know it, but some wonder if you even believe your own lies.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Re: Fan former Red Sox Player FA Referendum #1: Jason Varitek? A: Overwhelming Majority of Red Sox Fans Want Varitek to Stay ...

I said 3 to 4, not 2M, for Hernandez, Moonslob. And senile serf, John Buck, catcher, signed a 1 year 2M FA contract with Jays. You are such a bad shill.

Salty did not have a good year, and Varisuk at 1M to 1.5M over Hernandez 3 to 4M or Laird 1M is Inepstein. 1.5 to 2.5 more for Hernandez is perfect value and fit for Red Sox. Laird would be a huge value and fit upgrade over Varisuk.

You prevaricate poorly, Moonslob. 

Adam Dunn would be here on a massive contract if it was up to you, dimwit. 

You want Varisuk and Wastefield back on a version of the near 6M welfare plan of 2011. Brilliant, Moonslob, brilliant.................

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I said 3 to 4, not 2M, for Hernandez, Moonslob.

You originally said $2M, but after I exposed your idiocy you then started in with the $3-4M rant. I have also said, I'd love to have Ramon here, but that the cost is too high and we have more pressing needs, like pitching that you want filled with Been Sheets types. My position has been that Red Sox management does not view the catching position as a high need area enough to spend $3-6M on Ramon. I do not have faith in Salty. They apparently do (along with Lava). If they decide to co cheap at catcher, that is where my position involves VTek as a possible vet back-up. I have said a number of times that if Papi stays, VTek has a 0% chance of being here next year, since they will go with Salty-Lava. Like it or not. 

And senile serf, John Buck, catcher, signed a 1 year 2M FA contract with Jays.

That was 2010. It has nothing to do with 2011. You also wanted Buck in 2011. Like you are doing with Dunn and I, does this mean you wanted to outbid the Marlins at $18M/3 for him? I don't play that shell game.

You are such a bad shill.

Look in the mirror, dude.

Salty did not have a good year, and Varisuk at 1M to 1.5M over Hernandez 3 to 4M or Laird 1M is Inepstein. 1.5 to 2.5 more for Hernandez is perfect value and fit for Red Sox. Laird would be a huge value and fit upgrade over Varisuk.

You've been blasting VTek as a poor hitter, but have you looked at Laird's numbers?
    2009  .225/.306/.320/.626 (.558/.643 Aug/Sep)
    2010  .207/.263/.304/.567
    2011  .232/.302/.358/.660

last 3 year averages:
    Laird .220/.291/.319/.610 (32nd out of top 34 catchers)
    VTek .216/.306/.414/.720 (21st out of top 34)

You blasted VTek for having an OBP below .300 (actually it was at .300), but Laird has a 3 year OBP below .292!

Oh, and by the way, Laird's CS% has fallen steeply for 2 straight years and was at 20% in 2011 (with a staff that holds its runners better than the Sox do).

You prevaricate poorly, Moonslob. 

I back my positions up with facts. You have no clue.

Lies.

You want Varisuk and Wastefield back on a version of the near 6M welfare plan of 2011. Brilliant, Moonslob, brilliant.................

I have repeatedly said I'd offer them both $1 to 1.5M for next year. Do the math. That equals $2-3M combined and not $6M.

Your brilliant idea is to sign a catcher who is at the same age Vtek was when he dropped off a cliff offensively for $3-4M (it will be more like $4-6M) and try scraps for our #4-5 starting pitchers....brilliant! We have 2 young catchers who both have deficiencies, but those issues pale in comparison to what we now have as our #4 and 5 starters: Tazawa, Weiland, and Doubront (along with your fantasy of converting Aceves from a role he excels at). Brilliant!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Lies

No, it is a fact that is common knowledge, your love of Adam Dunn.

I never said 2M for Hernandez, not that 3 to 4M over 2M is a big deal. 

Now, Varisuk and Wastefield for 3M is idiocy!

I want your pitcher and details on amount and/or trade details, jerk!!!!!!!!!!!! Market is not there for any starting pitcher value, Lackey 80M plus advocate!

And you want Wastefield offered 1.5M, and you are whining about my detailed pitcher name and contract offers! Get out of here!!!!!!!  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I want your pitcher and details on amount and/or trade details, jerk!!!!!!!!!!!! ... Get out of here!!!!!!!  

I gave them a number of times. Go do your own homework for once. I'm tired of doing the legwork for you, only to have you distort what I write anyways.

Now, you "get out of here"!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Since there would only be 3 or 4, Max, providing the names and contract offers or trade offers would be easy if you had ever done so. You are lying and have not provided anything beyond wild speculation with no details, as usual.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

What is your opinion on Wakefield?  Innocent