Fan Former Red Sox Player FA Referendum #2: Timothy Wakefield A: Overwhelming Majority of Red Sox Fans Want Wakefield to Stay Gone

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Fan Former Red Sox...

Right or wrong, and fans are frequently wrong about player values, ownership and management always capitulates when it comes to a player that the overwhelming majority of Red Sox fans want gone. Thus, I am starting a series of threads on current Red Sox players who are FA, and whether Red Sox fans want them back. It is assumed that management understands FA market costs for player concerned, so each fan please provide just whether you want said player back or gone for the good of the team, not if it was at a low price or matters such as that.                             

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Re: Fan Former Red Sox Player FA Referendum #2: Timothy Wakefield

Over 75% of Red Sox fans want Varitek to stay gone. If this is close to what Red Sox Nation feels, and I believe it might be even higher, Varitek has played his last game for the Red Sox. Even departing Epstein admitted that his plan was for this to be the final seasons for Varitek and Wakefield. It is too bad he didn't feel that way last winter.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Where's the rubber room when ya need it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Where is the corpse of death panels to cut off your entitlements, when mankind needs it. 

Only someone who spent a lot of time as a patient in a rubber room makes constant references to it.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Fan Former Red Sox Player FA Referendum #2: Timothy Wakefield:
    [QUOTE]Where is the corpse of death panels to cut off your entitlements, when mankind needs it.  Only someone who spent a lot of time as a patient in a rubber room makes constant references to it.  
    Posted by hankwilliams[/QUOTE]

Or a guard...who saw you leave disguised as Wake in drag.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Wake is drag, not disguise is needed for you.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I figure the mods will nab you before you start part 3. Your best bet is to try and blend in with your ex-roomies:

<em />Halloween</em> Whispers Hooded <em>Mask</em>
    <em />Halloween</em> Deep Sea <em>Mask</em>Friday the 13th <em />Halloween Mask</em> - Deluxe Jason

<em />Halloween</em> Lone Wolf Werewolf <em>Mask</em>Pumpkin Rot <em />Halloween Mask</em>
  8. <em />Halloween masks</em> officially licensed halo video game movie master ...
  9. Nightmare on Elm Street Super Deluxe Freddy Krueger <em />Halloween Mask</em> ...
    1 Pack Brown Werewolf <em />Halloween Mask</em> (Adult)
  10. Beetlejuice <em />Halloween Mask</em> - Vinyl Hair
  11. Chimpanzee <em />Halloween Mask</em>
    Keeper of the Crypt <em />Halloween Mask</em>
  12. Misery Clown Scary <em />HAlloween Mask</em>, Latex
    Rubie's Costume Co Lucifer <em />Masks Halloween Masks</em> As Shown

The upcoming holiday should work in UR favor.
    Good luck!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

BurritoT vote:  No

We have beaten this horse to death... those that support Tim have gone on and on about it and those who want Tim to retire have gone on and on about it. All we can do is wait.

I will say this, if the new FO (which is not really new at all) cannot make a quick decision on Wake/Tek that does not speak well of how they are running things; both desicions should have been made already even if not made public.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

True, Burrito. And would someone call Harnazz's parole officer and make a spamming and lunacy stalking complaint to activate his felony sentence. This is a board survey thread, and Harnazz's doesn't like the board overwhelming majority wanting his two wet blankets to stay gone. So he begs for censorship, just like he's begging with Varitek and Wakefield to offer them a FA major league guaranteed contract that not one single team outside Boston antique loving Inepstein would offer.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I love wake as a true professional, and will always appreciate what he has done for the Red Sox (starting, closing, long relief, spot starts) but I reckon that Cy Youmg's wins record is safe until Lester gets another 15 years with the club.

My name is Harnazz. I am a Ward of the State. I vote to increase my State support benefit in every single election. I spend all of my time stalking message boards and living vicariously through the love of my dreams, Jason Varitek.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Fan Former Red Sox Player FA Referendum #2: Timothy Wakefield:
    [QUOTE]My name is Harnazz. I am a Ward of the State. I vote to increase my State support benefit in every single election. I spend all of my time stalking message boards and living vicariously through the love of my dreams, Jason Varitek.
    Posted by hankwilliams[/QUOTE]

• You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Nice placement, Carnie. This is payback to Softone for turning my UNDERCOVER thread into a baseball one. The nerve.

True, but that is why he is an embedded NYT board shill, a board little dictator. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

[QUOTE]harnass, the bully of the forum. You have violated every BDC posting policy rules.
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

Harness, isn't it always a shame when the truth shows up and you're left wanting?

Now we know which Theo Chick spams the board with cartoons.
    When will Pike come back to whine to the mods, or have you taken the role of BDC crybaby too?

Thank God Theo's gone.

Wakefield is not wanted back and should not be offered a circus contract under any circumstances.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Softlaw you are not important, you misuse you baseball term and invent new ones please get off your high horse.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fan Former Red Sox Player FA Referendum #2: Timothy Wakefield : Harness, isn't it always a shame when the truth shows upand you're left wanting? Now we know which Theo Chick spams the board with cartoons. When will Pike come back to whine to the mods, or have you taken the role of BDC crybaby too? Thank God Theo's gone.
    Posted by OurMan[/QUOTE]

When the truth shows you - like Buchholz wisely being kept out of the Santana deal, and then shows RedSox nation why Theo again made the right move, you went into hiding.

First: 4/13/2011
    Last: 10/23/2011
    harnass, the bully of the forum. You have violated every BDC posting policy rules.

You mean like this:

First: 10/13/2011
    Last: 10/24/2011
     Bojo, you blow,

Or how about breaking copyright laws and running a muck despite a BDC warning.

2004Idiots/LAW/Softone - a moderator's nightmare.

No, like this, perpetual Ward of the State:

<em />Halloween</em> Whispers Hooded <em>Mask</em>
    <em />Halloween</em> Deep Sea <em>Mask</em>Friday the 13th <em />Halloween Mask</em> - Deluxe Jason
    <em />Halloween</em> Lone Wolf Werewolf <em>Mask</em>Pumpkin Rot <em />Halloween Mask</em>
  • <em />Halloween masks</em> officially licensed halo video game movie master ...
  • Nightmare on Elm Street Super Deluxe Freddy Krueger <em />Halloween Mask</em> ...
    1 Pack Brown Werewolf <em />Halloween Mask</em> (Adult)
  • Beetlejuice <em />Halloween Mask</em> - Vinyl Hair
  • Chimpanzee <em />Halloween Mask</em>
    Keeper of the Crypt <em />Halloween Mask</em>
  • Misery Clown Scary <em />HAlloween Mask</em>, Latex
    Rubie's Costume Co Lucifer <em />Masks Halloween Masks</em> As Shown

Are your roomies this lazy?

By Frank Lennon, Bleacher Report on October 23, 2011  

3. Cut the Ties with Tim Wakefield and Jason Varitek

Jason Varitek joined the Red Sox in 1997; remember the trading deadline deal of Heathcliffe Slocumb to Seattle for Tek and Derek Lowe? Tim Wakefield arrived in Boston two years earlier, and both had a hand in the 2004 and 2007 World Series wins.

But this is 2011, and the team is clearly at a crossroads. Boston should gratefully acknowledge their past contributions, and respectfully bid adieu to these aging warriors......................

Full story at following link:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/906507-boston-red-sox-8-realistic-offseason-moves-the-sox-should-consider-for-2012#/articles/906507-boston-red-sox-8-realistic-offseason-moves-the-sox-should-consider-for-2012/page/4

Pretty clear that even the beat reporters understand that Wakefield and Varitek need to be locked out of the clubhouse.

Now the clown resorts to "bleacher reports".
    Any UFO sightings? Any chance they'll take you with them?

I can't believe they let 12 year-olds on a public forum.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

At the end of September, I was all for letting Wake and Tek go.  Now I'm happy with whatever the FO decides because Tek could still add value as the backup or even 3d catcher, and Wake could be useful in the bullpen, especially if Aceves becomes a starter.  To me Tek's big problem is his inability to throw anyone out going to 2B.