Fan who caught Jeter's historic ball gets sweet deal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyerica. Show jesseyerica's posts

Fan who caught Jeter's historic ball gets sweet deal

From Fox Sports

Derek Jeter had a pretty good day Saturday.

So did the fan who caught Jeter's historic 3,000th-hit ball.

Christian Lopez will receive four Champion Suite tickets for the remainder of the season and through the playoffs.

"It's amazing," said the grinning Highland Mills resident, quoted in the New York Daily News. "I just picked it up off the floor."

Lopez did not ask for anything and said he just wanted Jeter to have the ball. He received tickets to the game as a birthday gift from his girlfriend.

"We bought him tickets a couple of weeks ago for his birthday, as a present," said Lopez's girlfriend, Tara Johnson, quoted in the Daily News. "He's a huge Yankees fan."

Lopez, 23, was sitting in the first row of his section in left field when Jeter nailed his milestone home run in the third inning, according to the newspaper.

His dad got his hands on the ball first but fumbled it, allowing Lopez to retrieve it.

The Daily News reported that when Lopez's girlfriend was asked about him catching the historic ball, she said simply, "It was awesome."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: Fan who caught Jeter's historic ball gets sweet deal

Most excellent, dude!...

Now, don't you think there is enough Derek Jeter 3,000 hit threads already?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Pretty classy move by the Yankees & also by the guy who caught the ball who just wanted Jeter to have it. 4 Champion Suite tickets for the rest of the season & playoffs! Wow! That must have made that guy's day. I wonder if Jeter had anything to do with that sweet deal.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

If I caught the ball, then I would demand Brian Cashman to take Lackey. 
    Only then would I be more than happy to give the ball back to Jeter and the Yankees.  lol

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

In Response to Re: Fan who caught Jeter's historic ball gets sweet deal:
    [QUOTE]Most excellent, dude!... Now, don't you think there is enough Derek Jeter 3,000 hit threads already?
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

there are never enough threads

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Why, do you want 1,000 of these? This jesseyerica guy is getting pretty annoying. I'm guessing it's either a RS troll, Babe, or some other crank. Ditto for jete02fann.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

[QUOTE]If I caught the ball, then I would demand Brian Cashman to take Lackey.  Only then would I be more than happy to give the ball back to Jeter and the Yankees.  lol
    Posted by Ice-Cream[/QUOTE]

Ice cream your a hot ticket.............I think I'm gonna go get me a large buttercrunch with jimmies just to celebrate this great day in baseball.....fk the rivalry..........good for Derek........he deserves it man. whooooooooooooouh!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fan who caught Jeter's historic ball gets sweet deal : Ice cream your a hot ticket.............I think I'm gonna go get me a large buttercrunch with jimmies just to celebrate this great day in baseball.....fk the rivalry..........good for Derek........he deserves it man. whooooooooooooouh!!!
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

Climb to Glory, Airborne!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]Most excellent, dude!... Now, don't you think there is enough Derek Jeter 3,000 hit threads already?
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

I think it's a symbolic thing.  They're trying to create 3000 threads.  I wonder if the one I started titled, "Derek Jeter is overrated" still qualifies. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fan who caught Jeter's historic ball gets sweet deal : I think it's a symbolic thing.  They're trying to create 3000 threads.  I wonder if the one I started titled, "Derek Jeter is overrated" still qualifies. 
    Posted by Sheriff-Rojas[/QUOTE]

I would think so.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

[QUOTE]Pretty classy move by the Yankees & also by the guy who caught the ball who just wanted Jeter to have it. 4 Champion Suite tickets for the rest of the season & playoffs! Wow! That must have made that guy's day. I wonder if Jeter had anything to do with that sweet deal.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]

Hopefully he won't be able to redeem the playoff tickets. Wink

Agree, the guy is a class act. Refreshing to see a guy like that. He wasn't thinking about all the money he could make on the ball, he just wanted Jeter to have it. Nice of the Yankees to reward him anyway.

Jeter sure did it in a big way today. He's part of the good face of baseball, in spite of being a yankee.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

[QUOTE]Why, do you want 1,000 of these? This jesseyerica guy is getting pretty annoying. I'm guessing it's either a RS troll, Babe, or some other crank. Ditto for jete02fann.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

I really don't think it's babe, he's a lot of things, but he's straight up about who he is. He doesn't pull any punches. Could even be pike proving his point about too many yankee fans and topics by creating more. A kind of twisted sarcasm.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fan who caught Jeter's historic ball gets sweet deal : I really don't think it's babe, he's a lot of things, but he's straight up about who he is. He doesn't pull any punches. Could even be pike proving his point about too many yankee fans and topics by creating more. A kind of twisted sarcasm.
    Posted by MikeNagy[/QUOTE]

You're right, and I like that theory. Sounds like you may have cracked the case, Mr. Holmes.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from The---Babe---. Show The---Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fan who caught Jeter's historic ball gets sweet deal : I really don't think it's babe, he's a lot of things, but he's straight up about who he is. He doesn't pull any punches. Could even be pike proving his point about too many yankee fans and topics by creating more. A kind of twisted sarcasm.

Absolutely mike....see....you are smart enough to pick up on these things but sadly enough nhstephanie is not..... Although I don't really expect a lot from a closet red flops fan.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fan who caught Jeter's historic ball gets sweet deal : Absolutely mike....see....you are smart enough to pick up on these things but sadly enough nhstephanie is not..... Although I don't really expect a lot from a closet red flops fan.
    Posted by The---Babe---[/QUOTE]

Considering your middle aged infantile obsession of smacking people via using proper name references to the fairer gender, reminds me of this sound bite from the Benchwarmers:

Do you have a family? No; Never kissed a girl.

And you? Never talked to one.

Now I know who at least one of them was.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fan who caught Jeter's historic ball gets sweet deal : You're right, and I like that theory. Sounds like you may have cracked the case, Mr. Holmes.  
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Elementary, my dear Watson.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

I would have strongly requested a new car.  Nothing too luxurious, a Camry would be fine.  Otherwise, I would play fetch with the two rottweilers next door.  And Im not kidding. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

jesseyerica = Jeter's mom

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I love how posters who say a middle-aged Yankee fan who spends 24/7 on a Red Sox board arguing with, and insulting fans whom he has said he really has no interest in, is even capable of being straight about things. The guy who lives right on the beach, but never seems to go there? Has his own office, and, conveniently, while the Sox were kicking the Yankees butts, left his laptop somewhere else?  Spends any "off-line" time he has in a Sox bar probably arguing with fans there? This is the guy to believe? It's hilarious.

You make no argument for not being who I thought you were.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Great catch for this fan. The odds that it would be a homerun, and you would catch the ball must have been astronomical. That's exciting. Good for him. Hope he gets to enjoy his seats. Although, the playoff games...

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steve3344. Show Steve3344's posts

[QUOTE]Great catch for this fan. The odds that it would be a homerun, and you would catch the ball must have been astronomical. That's exciting. Good for him. Hope he gets to enjoy his seats. Although, the playoff games...
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

He's also getting four front row seats in a Legends box PLUS free food for Sunday's game.  With the size of that guy (and his dad) - both have to be 300 lbs plus - the Yanks are going to have to reduce payroll next year to cover it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fan who caught Jeter's historic ball gets sweet deal :    AAARRRGGGGHHH!!! Another "middle aged" put down by the junk yard dog !!   Kim, are you biased to middle aged people? When it comes to baseball, young lady, age doesn't matter. Would you rather speak to someone who saw Babe Rut play or someone who saw Mike Greenwell play? Keep in mind that baseball reflects life (unfortunately) so if you turn down the 50 cent long enough to google Babe Ruth, you might have a revelation, and your anger might ebb.
    Posted by prknsdnld[/QUOTE]

Here we go again. The Yankee fan who refuses to identify himself on a Sox board saying I was mocking middle-aged posters. Didn't I say he likes to do this even after it's been explained? I submit the following:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    ARFF ARFF !!  GRRRR....(RATTLE RATTLE....).. GRRRR...GRRRR.....ARFF ARFF.... And now you're ridiculing the middle aged? Because I was born during the Mantle era and not the Varitek era, young lady. like you? I have friends who make fun of older people, like it's something to be ashamed of, and I think it's sad. I, on the other hand, find older people interesting, telling me about life when they were young. ARFF ARRFF...GRRRR...GRRR.....ARRFF ARFF.....!!!   Prknsdnld 7/9/11
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Your post above is a perfect example of what I mean. My comment was not about age, but age AND behaviour. Who talks like you do, and spends their time the way you do at your age?  Every post on this board from you is abusive, and then you cry when someone reacts to them. You need to grow up, and find a better way of spending your time.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fan who caught Jeter's historic ball gets sweet deal :    You have better things to do than worry about than sentimental memories of when baseball was good and free speech was encouraged, than old rants from this useless "old" fool, Kim. Somewhere, SOMEWHERE....is someone beginning a post that compliments a Yankee player...get to work, Kim..SIC 'EM,  !!! grrrr...arrfff...
    Posted by prknsdnld[/QUOTE]

See, that's the fallacy. Your, and the majority of your cohorts, posts have nothing to do with compliments for anyone. Your posts are mainly attacks against Sox fans that say anything negative about the Yankees. That's what you do here. And, again, I can't imagine that is how you choose to spend your time.