FanGraphs lists Top 15 Red Sox prospects

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Re: FanGraphs lists Top 15 Red Sox prospects

In Response to Re: FanGraphs lists Top 15 Red Sox prospects:
    [QUOTE]What bothers me is that a Mariner's fan comes here with a hard-on elated that Middlebrooks strikes out too much when his Mariners belong in AAA ball. Yet he loves to come here to annoy / irritate RS fans. That is defined as a troll. Look it up. Googling is easy. Look up the definition of trolling. Hill is trolling / purposely annoying - just like Babe and Law. One would think that a Mariner would show some humility and be somewhat embarassed since his team hits .220. Yet he has a fetish to insult a team that led MLB in offense last year. You must be blind to trolling. But I guess Burrito is right, this is all about entertainment instead of honesty and sincerity.
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

Hr's a little more objective than most enthusiastic Sox fans.

I'm not wild about Middlebrooks either.  Does that make me a troll?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: FanGraphs lists Top 15 Red Sox prospects : I hope you stick around for another 5K.  Peace from east to west!
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]
    Thanks, moon ... I wish you and your family the best this season and throughout the year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

It's actually enlightening to have real baseball discussions with fans of other teams as opposed to the stupid pissing matches you usually see here.  Not sure why someone would have such an issue with hill's posts.  Unlike many regulars here, he can intelligently make a point.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: FanGraphs lists Top 15 Red Sox prospects : Thanks, moon ... I wish you and your family the best this season and throughout the year.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

Hill55,
    I'd like to echo Moon's sentiments. I too live in the Northwest, I come here to chat all things baseball and to stay connected to my beloved Sox. It's contributors like you that give this site value and round out the daily discussion by lending non-bias opins and challenging those that offer opins without facts to back up thier assertions. Zac is much the same, in a satorical way...Each of us bring our own slant to every topic and see the game through differing prisism...The value is that with each debate, if one is open to considering the others position. All of us benefit...

Frankly, I tire of those that call out others and use derogitory terms and prejoritives when they disagree with anothers opins. As they say if you have to resort to perjoritives, you've already lost the debate.

Merry Christmas,
    Beantown

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigdog1. Show bigdog1's posts

Great stuff, this is why been is being so patient and does not want to trade are young talent.  Even if three or four of these prospects pan out, it make us contender's every year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

It's a tough balancing act at times: the here and now vs the future.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]It's actually enlightening to have real baseball discussions with fans of other teams as opposed to the stupid pissing matches you usually see here.  Not sure why someone would have such an issue with hill's posts.  Unlike many regulars here, he can intelligently make a point.
    Posted by siestafiesta[/QUOTE]

Absolutely.  I've often said that if I want an objective opinion about the RS, I'll ask a Yankee fan.  Nothing necessarily wrong, but too many people in here are too far left and right.

And that cuts both ways.  I'm far more objective about the NYYs than many NYY fans.  Many of them swore to the end that Pettitte, Clemens, ARod, and Giambi were innocent.  Almost all of them swore that signing ARod to play until he turned to dust was a good idea.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]One would really think that a true Mariner would go to a Seattle forum and do the daily battle vs. those fans. It seems like he would be more challenged there in the event that a Mariners forum is loaded with poor fans like this one is. Instead he prefers to come here, go figure.
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

I treat this place like a pub.  I go to the pub to discuss BB.  I don't generally care if the fans around here are NYY or NYM fans, or anything else.  It's the opinion that is valued, not the laundry.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Yes, joe, and you can learn more about other teams by talking with other fans, not just get some objective insights about our own team.

There are certainly some fans here that do not tolerate any criticism of any Sox player, coach or manager. As much as I try to stay objective, I know I have bias, so hearing from "outsiders" helps to make me more objective.